2/2

A fool in love

Yoongi started acting normally again. Maybe giving him some space was indeed a right choice. It felt like home again and Mina started feeling like they were almost like they used to. Almost.  

"Go take a shower. I've kept some warm water for you." Mina stated as long as Yoongi was back from practise. He kissed her cheek as a thank you then run upstairs to the bathroom. She smiled happily at his actions and sat on the couch. Not wanting to sound selfish, Mina never brought up the question she was dying to ask him. What had happened to them? That incident was supposed to be forgotten long ago, especially when she remembered that it happened for a good month ago. But she couldn't stop thinking about it. Even though Yoongi deeply apologised for the whole situation, he never explained what he apologised for and what made him so cold around her. Since he was forgiven, nothing more should be said. Right?

Yoongi stayed with her for a couple of weeks trying to replace the missing time with his affection. He was feeling sorry for what he had caused and since he would leave again as he had new promotions in Japan, he didn't have another choice but spend the days with her. Didn't he like it, you ask? He, himself, didn't know. Mostly because he was so busy lately, he didn't have time to think and when he did find the time to, he was overthinking and over analysing everything until he caused himself a headache. 

However, Mina didn't notice any of those things. Maybe because she was so addicted to his presence and his sense next to her. Maybe she was blind from his affection and she was so into every second she spent with him. Maybe she was a little too selfish, she wanted him all for herself and didn't count his own feelings and if those feelings were still there. "I love you, Yoongi." She would say while he would work on his computer or when he just sat there doing nothing and Yoongi would say it back to her without bothering to look at her because he knew she would repeat it a lot of times during the day. As if those three words had lost their meaning and were now replaced by empty promises and simple sentences, Yoongi couldn't find the feelings hidden behind them anymore. To him, they sounded like a normal phrase people often say to one another like 'would you like some coffee' or 'could you hold the elevator for me'. Unnecessary phrases for some but to others they can definitely make their whole day, even with only a cup of coffee or the chance to not wait for the elevator. Well to Yoongi was not the latter. 

 ***

The time for him to go to Japan had came wanting or not. He had packed his stuff, had a couple of hours of good sleep and it was the moment he would talk to Mina just like he had texted her he would. Yoongi explained to her everything he was thinking the whole time. Like the fact that he didn't have the passionate feelings for her he used to have. That every time he says he loves her, a part of him truly means it but the other just doesn't know. That her feelings for him are so strong when he does absolutely nothing to give them back to her, to love her the way she deserves to be loved, to stop using her feelings because he was taking but not giving. And eventually, that she had turned over the page when he was still at the beginning of the book. 

"What do you mean?" She would whisper hoping not to hear the words she never wanted to. Yoongi would suggest to take a break from one another. To let time heal their relationship until they find a real solution to the problem. To let their feelings react at the loss of their partner. And then they will know. They will know how they truly feel. Then they would get back together. It sounded ideal to Yoongi, yes. But in Mina's ears, it was nothing more than the simple I'm tired of this let's break up.

And , how tired she was of this anyways. She didn't care whose fault was this, she just wanted him to stop being so indecisive and finally tell her his true feelings. But the saddest of all was that not even Yoongi knew his true feelings.

"Yoongi-ah. Let's just end this. Giving me hope for something so obvious is worse."

With that, she let him go. 

Because she was nothing more than just a fool in love.

***

Three months have been since the day they broke up. The day she broke up with him. Looking back at those months, Yoongi had realised that if Mina hadn't broken up with him, he, himself, would never find the courage to break up with her. Mostly because he acknowledged her own true feelings and that he would hurt her if he did it. It's ironic to think that the only person who kept their sparkle alive, would be the one who would end their relationship. Yoongi just ended up with the fact that Mina was their sparkle. His sparkle.

 

 He would lay on his bed and would think of her in the middle of the night. Her smile, her sense, her affection. That never stopped existing even when he hurt her with his attitude. Random memories were suddenly scattered around his room and sheets like they were some sort of broken glasses. And he somehow fashioned together an array of broken pieces that looked enough like a vase that it would pass. And she would find a way to keep her roses watered and alive again when deep down he was hurting. She beckoned him and lessened him because no other love could accommodate his blind fold so easily. 

Because in three seconds, he would have start running followed by seven seconds of nervous prayers, nervous cursing, nervous something. As poisonous as the snake the thought of never finding her infecting his brain, the thought of being lateFollowed by seven seconds of promising to himself that if he found her he would stop bargaining, he would stop pushing off efforts in exchange for more time, he would stop neglecting promises, duties or feelings, which ever it may be, nothing seemed likely at that point. Followed by two seconds, the longest seconds he had ever experienced of waiting outside of her door waiting to see her face, waiting for her to bury herself in his chest. Then the door opened, revealing the person he was so dying to see. Her bare legs locking his gaze as he realised how cold it was and the shirt she was wearing hanging loose on her shoulders. Wait, was that his shirt? "Yoongi what are yo-" 

His lips cut her off guard as he wrapped around her in order to keep her warm then pulled her inside and closed the door. Mina was staring at him with wide eyes trying to find a reason. But there cannot be a reason. Not like this. 

"Without you by my side I got to understand a lot of things. Like the love you always gave me and the affection you shared with me. I couldn't believe how jealous I was of you, I honestly couldn't feel those strong feelings for you. And every day I wish we could trade places; because you were the first person that loved me in any real way and I wanted to feel that too. I know everything is so sudden and probably all those feelings don't even exist to you but if I get one thing right in this life I pray that it'll be sharing love with anybody, the same love that you shared with me. Please teach me how to love. Even if that mean I get to be a fool in love. "

The end...