Eight

When He Cried Wolf

     Tao whimpered as Hide slid to the ground and Kris stomped towards him. 

     "Kris..." Kyungsoo attempted to stop him but was pushed away. Kris's eyes were glowing yellow, he was almost fully transformed. 

     Kris screamed at Tao through his teeth "YOU DON'T WANT ME TO KILL THE MAN WHO SLAUGHTERED MOST OF OUR PACK??"

     Kris was now fully transformed and running at Tao. Tao slid onto his knees and on the cold floor. He heard Kyungsoo sobbing and the others yell, and through blurry eyes he saw the golden creature before him about to sink his long teeth into him. 

     Tao accepted that he was about to die. His last thoughts... he thought of when everything was okay. He wished everything was back to normal and there were no werewolves and he wasn't in danger. Tao realized how close Kris and him were... friends for years and years and what had it come to? Kris was going to rip his throat out. 

     He closed his eyes as Kris was right up against him, he could feel his hot breath and heard the drool dripping onto the floor. 

      Why am I not dead yet? 

      Tao opened his eyes and wiped his tears, Kris was standing in front of him, no longer in his werewolf form, with blood streaming down his lips and chin. 

      "Bad dog" Hide whispered as he twisted the knife in Kris's back. 

     

_____________________________________________________________________

 

      Kris's body fell on Tao but Tao was too scared to move. It was difficult to breathe. The tears filled up his eyes and he couldn't see. All he could do was shake and whimper.

      Even Hide was shocked. Kris didn't move... was he really... dead? 

     "K-kris? Kris... talk to me... please" Tao cried as he held Kris's face in his hands, "it'll be okay, please just talk to me Kris it's okay"

     Tao was sobbing harder than he had ever in his life.