Teddy Bear

First Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A couple days later...

“So, did you find yourself a date for Homecoming yet?” I asked placing my lunch tray across from Z. Hera.

She shook her head no, “I really want to ask Zelo but I’m too shy and I’m afraid he’ll say no to me.”

I bit my lower lip, “Speaking of Zelo, I heard he doesn’t have a date yet.  Maybe he’s waiting for you to ask him?”

“Do you think so?” she asked with a look of hope in her eyes.

“I think so.  I mean, I’ve caught him staring at you for the past two weeks in class,” I said taking a huge bite of my apple.  “Now that I think of it, I think he likes you.”

“Oh please!  Quit trying to get my hopes up Hayi,” she said sulking down in her chair.  “He stares at everybody.”

“Do you want me to ask Zelo for you?” I suggested.

“No,” she firmly replied.  “I’ll ask him myself.”

“Good, because I wasn’t planning asking him in the first place.  You can ask him right now because he is heading this way with Hanbin,” I pointed out making her whip her head around so fast.

“Omo!  Omo!  Omo!  Hayi!  Do I look okay?” she panicked as she quickly adjusted her hair.

I giggled, “You look fine.  Relax, will you?”

“Easy for you to say,” she muttered accidently kicking my right shin under the table.

“OW!” I shouted jumping into the air.  “What was that for?!”

“Hey Hayi.  What’s wrong?” Hanbin worriedly asked as he pull the chair out next to me.

“Do you mind if I sit here?” Zelo asked pointing to a empty chair next to my best friend.

“N-No.  Not at all,” she stuttered.

“Tsk,” I mumbled taking another bite out of my apple.  I bent down and rubbed my shin with my hands.

“Are you okay?” Hanbin asked.

“I’m fine,” I answered.

“Then why are you rubbing your shin like that?” he questioned.

“Ah, um…”

He bent down and lifted my legging up and saw a big red bruise.  His eyes widen, “You’re hurt!  Who did this to you?”

I quickly pulled my legging down and held his hand, “I’ll tell you later.”

“Yah, I…” he trailed off.

I kissed his cheek and gave him the Drop-It-Look.  He let out a small sigh, “Fine.”  I smiled at him and held his hand tightly while I continued to eat my apple using my other hand.

“Hey man, do you think Jun has been acting kind of weird lately?” Zelo asked looking at Hanbin.

“Not really,” he honestly replied.

“I feel like he’s avoiding us,” Zelo pointed out.

Hanbin shrugged his shoulders, “Maybe he’s got some personal issues at home.”  He turned to look at me, “Do you know what’s wrong with him?”

I shook my head no, “How should I know?  He’s your friend.”

“He’s your friend too.  I see that he hasn’t been following you around like he usually does,” he stated.

“Geez, I didn’t know you were keeping tabs on me like that,” I sarcastically said rolling my eyes at him.  “Is someone jealous?”

“Of course,” he said scooting closer to me.

My eyes widen at his honest answer.  His answer made my heart beat a little faster as I looked away from him.  He lifted my hand up and kissed the back of it, “You’re mine.  Don’t forget that.”

Z. Hera pretended to puke, “Can you guys please stop acting like a lovely dovely couple?  I’m trying to eat here.”

“Z. Hera is right.  Since you guys are so into each other, just make it official already,” Zelo chimed in.

“What do you say Hayi?  Will you be my girlfriend?” Hanbin boldly asked squeezing my hand.

I blinked my eyes at him several times, “Y-Yah…”

“Obviously Hayi is too shy and slow to give you an answer Hanbin,” Z. Hera teased earning a glare from me.  “You also have to remember that she has never been confessed by anybody.”

“Are you done embarrassing me yet?” I angrily asked.  Okay, if you’re going to be like this, two can play this game I thought steering my eyes at Zelo.  I turned back to look at my best friend as she knew what was going through my mind.

“I-I-I was just teasing you Hayi.  Don’t be offended,” she quickly said.

I ignored her pleads as my smile grew big, “Zelo, do you have a date for Homecoming yet?”

“No,” he replied.  “There is this girl that I really want to ask, but I’m not sure if she has a date or not.”

“Really?” I asked leaning my body towards the table.  From the corner of my eye, I could see my best friend squirming in her seat.

“Why don’t you just ask her?” Hanbin suggested.  “You won’t know unless you ask.”

“That’s right,” I said.  “Do I know this girl?”

Zelo remained silent as all three of us stared at him, “Uh, well…”

“Yes or no?” I demanded.

“My, my, my, aren’t we a little demanding here?” Hanbin joked.

I playfully jabbed his abs, “I am not demanding.  It should be a simple yes or no.”

“Yes, you know this girl,” Zelo replied.  His face suddenly turned red as I smirked, “Who is she?  Omo!  Is she from our class?”

“She’s…” he started to say but was interrupted by Wonwoo, “Hey guys!  Jun is fighting with a couple of seniors out in the parking lot.  We have to go help him!”

Zelo and Hanbin immediately stood up from their chair and ran out of the cafeteria.  Wonwoo chased after them as I got up from my chair and said, “I’m going with them.”

“Are you freaking crazy Hayi?!” Z. Hera cried as she jumped out of her chair too.

“No, I’m not.  Stay here if you don’t want to come with me,” I said and took off running before she could say anything else to me.

“Hayi!  Wait!” I heard her scream from behind.

As soon as I reached the parking lot, I saw Hanbin, Zelo, Jun, and Wonwoo throwing punches at a couple of seniors.  I heard lots footsteps from behind and as I turned my head around, I saw five more seniors running past me.  Oh !  Hanbin, Zelo, Wonwoo, and Jun is going to be outnumbered by them.  Sure enough, the five seniors jumped in and started pounding the boys like they were a sack of potatoes.

“Habin!” I screamed as one of the seniors punched him in the face.

“Hayi!  What should we do?” Z. Hera shouted with fear.  “Zelo is getting beat up really bad.”  Tears were now falling from her eyes.

“Go and get help!” I commanded.

“What about you?” she asked.

“Don’t worry about me, and just go,” I said pushing her back inside the school.

I heard Hanbin screamed in pain as one of the senior twisted his arm from behind.  Feeling helpless, I picked up a huge rock and threw it as hard as I could at the senior head.

Clump!

“!” the senior shouted in pain as he fell backwards.

Hanbin quickly rolled over on his back as I ran up to him, “Hanbin!  Are you okay?”  I tried to help him up but someone tackled us both to the ground from behind.

Bam!

“AH!” I shouted in pain as my tiny body flew forward with my face hitting the hard cement.

Bam!

!  That hurt I thought laying still on the ground.

"Hayi!" I heard Hanbin crying from a far distance.

"Hanbin..." I whimpered as blood drip down from my nose.  Great!  Now I have a bloody nose.

Bang!  Bang!  Bang!

Everyone stopped fighting as soon as they heard the gun shots.  I slowly lifted my head up and saw two police officers and a bunch of teachers standing ten feet away from us.  This does not look good.  Zelo was lying on top of a senior holding him down with deep scratches and a black eye on his pretty face, Jun had his legs wrapped around one of the senior's neck choking the living hell out of him, Wonwoo was lying on the ground on his stomach with two seniors pin on top of him, and lastly Hanbin was seen holding one of the senior head in a tight headlock.

1 hour later (School nurse office)

“Ouch!” Hanbin hissed as I applied some medicine on his pretty face.

“Stay still Kim Hanbin,” I instructed holding his face with my hand.

“It hurts,” he cutely pouted.

“Maybe this will make you feel better,” I said planting a soft kiss on his cheek.  “Now, please stay still so I can finish applying the rest of this medicine on you, okay?”

He nodded his head like an obedient child and grinned, “I would have felt better if you kissed me on the lips instead.”

I rolled my eyes at him, “Later mister.  Right now, my main priority is to patch up your wounds.”  Suddenly he pulled me closer to him and whispered, “I’m sorry.”

“For what?” I asked staring into his eyes.

He touched my bruised n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter