Will You Be My Homecoming Date?

First Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One month later

“So, who do you plan on asking for Homecoming this year?” Z. Hera asked popping some peanuts into .

I rolled my eyes at her and replied, “I don’t plan on asking anybody.  Why?  Who do you plan on asking?”

Her face turned red and muttered, “Zelo.”

“WHAT?!” I exclaimed.

“Shhhhh!” she whispered.

I lowered my voice, “Are you serious?  Out of all the boys in this entire school, you want to ask Zelo to be your date for Homecoming?  Damn girl, are you feeling okay?” I reached my hand out across the table and placed it on her forehead to see if she was sick or not.

She playfully smacked my hand away and mumbled, “I’ve been crushing on him for a while now.”

"When did you started liking him?" I asked.

“2 weeks ago,” she replied blushing.

“Okay…how did he steal your heart?” I asked as my eyes glowed with excitement.

“He…” she trailed off but suddenly shut as her eyes widen.

“Well?  Are you going to tell me or not?” I asked annoyed that she suddenly stopped talking.

“I’ll tell you later,” she said quietly looking pass me.

“Who are you looking at?” I asked turning my head around.  A smile curved on my face as soon as I saw Zelo, Jun, Wonwoo, and Hanbin walking into the cafeteria carrying their lunch trays.

“Let’s sit over there,” Zelo said pointing to an empty table by the window.

Wonwoo nodded his head, “Sure, that’s fine with me.”

“You guys can sit there.  I’m going to sit somewhere else,” Hanbin said walking away from them.

“Yah, where are you going?” Zelo asked watching him walk over to Hayi and Z.Hera table.

“Dude, is he crazy?” Wonwoo asked in disbelief.

“No, he’s not crazy.  In fact, I think I’m going to sit with them too,” Jun replied following Hanbin.

Zelo scoffed, “Well, I guess we’re sitting with them today.”

“You’ve gotta be kidding me, right?” Wonwoo asked frowning.

“Well, you can either sit with us or sit alone,” Zelo explained.  “It’s your choice.”

“No thanks man.  I’d rather sit with Joy and her friends.  I don’t want to ruin my reputation by sitting with those girls,” he said walking over to Joy’s table.  “I’ll talk to you guys later.”

My eyes widen as I watched Hanbin, Jun, and Zelo walked towards us with their lunch trays.  When all three boys approached us, Hanbin flashed me one of his killer smiles, “Hi.  Can we sit here with you guys?”

Before either one of us could reply to him, he set his lunch tray down and said, “Thank you.”

I scoffed, “Really?”

He pulled the chair next to me out and smirked, “Really.”  Jun took a seat next to him meanwhile Zelo stared at the empty seat next to Z. Hera and mumbled, “I guess I’m sitting there."  He sat next to my best friend who clearly looked like she was ready to die on the spot.

All three boys started digging into their food as I faked a cough, “Is there a reason why you guys are sitting with us?”

Hanbin smirked, “Truthfully, I wanted to sit with you guys.  I’m not sure about Jun and Zelo though.  I’m quite surprised myself that they even followed me here.  Hm, now that I think about, I don’t think they can’t stay away from me because I’m too popular.”  His response earned a chuckle from Z. Hera and I as Zelo rolled his eyes at him.

Jun wiped his mouth with a napkin and smiled, “Don’t be so full of yourself Kim Hanbin.  You’re not the reason why I’m sitting here.”

Zelo raised his left eyebrow up, “Is that so?  What’s the real reason then?  Care to share it with us?”

Everyone turned their attention to him as his smile got wider, “Lee Hayi is the reason why I wanted to sit here.”

My eyes widen and stuttered, “S-Seriously?”  Omo!  Omo!  Omo! I happily thought smiling at him.

Hanbin did not like his answer at all but he decided to play it cool, “And what is so special about Hayi?”  He purposely scooted his chair closer to her wrapping his left arm around her shoulder pulling her tiny body towards him.

“Yah!” I cried trying to push him away from me.  Honestly, I didn't mind having any kind of skinship with him, but I didn't like the stares my best friend, Zelo, and Jun were giving us.  I hissed, “Let me go!”

He smirked, “I’ll let you go only if you give me a kiss on the cheek.”

“W-What?” I stuttered looking into his sparkling eyes.  He leaned his face closer to me as I gulped.  It was very tempting and I found myself leaning towards him ready to peck his cheek until Jun faked a loud cough causing me to snap back to reality.

“Yah, I’m trying to eat here,” Zelo stated.

“Don’t force her to kiss you Hanbin,” Jun suddenly said glaring at him.

Hanbin turned his head at him and smiled, “I’m not forcing her.  Can’t you see that she wanted to kiss me too?”

“Hayi, I’m done eating,” Z. Hera said standing up from her seat.  “Shall we get going?”

Before I could answer her, Hanbin jumped in, “My girl hasn’t finished her food yet.”

“Your girl?!” Z. Hera, Zelo, and Jun cried.

“Yah!  Since when did I become your girl?” I asked slightly pushing him away from me.  “As far as I remember, I don’t recall you asking me to be your girlfriend.”

“You’re right.  I never asked you to be my girlfriend but you’ll be my girlfriend sooner or later,” he confidently said planting a soft kiss on my forehead.

Jun suddenly stood up from his chair and grunted, “See you guys later.”  He walked away from them as Zelo yelled, “What about your food?”

“You can have it,” he replied without looking back.

“What’s his problem?” Hanbin asked shaking his head.  “I swear, I think that guy is bipolar.  One minute he is happy and the next minute he is cranky.”

“That’s Jun for you,” Zelo said grabbing Jun’s food and st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter