Beach Trip

The Rabbit with Tear-Filled Eyes

    Jongin smiled brightly as he placed his hand over his eyebrows to block the sunlight from his eyes. It was finally summer break and he was finally at the beach! He turned to say something to Kyungsoo, but he wasn’t there. He turned around to see Kyungsoo in front of the car’s AC in the front seat. Jongin laughed to himself and leaned into the open window.

“Come on Kyungie, get out of the car.”

“NEVER!” Kyungsoo pouted and moved closer to the AC.

“Kyungie~ Please? For me?” Jongin whined.

Kyungsoo hated making Jongin upset, so he decided that he would have to venture out into the dreadful heat for him.

    Kyungsoo stepped one foot on the sand and yelped. He climbed up onto Jongin’s back as quickly as he possibly could. Jongin wanted to complain about the heat and how having Kyungsoo on him isn’t really helping, but he just let the little bunny be. Jongin knew that Kyungsoo only agreed to come to the beach because he’s the one who asked him. If anyone else had invited him he would immediately say no. Jongin found an open spot closer to the water and began setting up their stuff. Kyungsoo stayed on Jongin’s back the entire time he was setting up their chairs, umbrella, cooler, and various beach activities.

“Do you want to go in the water first Kyungie?”

“No.”

“Play in the sand?”

“No.”

“Lay in the sun?”

“NO.”

“Kyungie, do you want to do anything?”

“I wanna go home!”

Jongin sighed heavily and peeled Kyungsoo off his back and placed him in one of the beach chairs that was shaded by the umbrella hanging above it. He told Kyungsoo to just wait for him because he wanted to swim in the sea for a bit.

    Kyungsoo watched Jongin swim around with a disgusted face. All of that water was just a giant toilet bowl for the fishes. Yet, people love swimming in it. Kyungsoo gagged to himself and began to draw in the sand with a small piece of wood that was washed up on shore. There was also another reason Kyungsoo didn’t want to go in the water, besides the whole unhygienic part. Kyungsoo didn’t know how to swim. He never had to learn, nor did he ever have the desire to. He didn’t have the heart to tell Jongin that after he saw how his eyes sparkled when he talked about going to the beach. As Kyungsoo began to think more he didn’t notice the small crab crawling closer to him. He felt something glide across his foot causing him to look down. Kyungsoo let out a girlish scream and hopped up onto his chair so none of his body touched the ground. He held out his stick in defense as the crab stared at him. Kyungsoo glared at it and held his ground.

“Get back you demon! You monster!” Soo declared proudly, he was admiring his own bravery.

“Kyungie what are you doing?” Jongin laughed as he saw the sight.

The crab was about the size of his thumb, maybe slightly larger. It wasn’t harmful in anyway besides a small pinch. Jongin picked up the tiny crab with ease and placed it as far away from Kyungsoo as he could. When he came back Kyungsoo jumped on him and gave him a tight hug.

“You saved me!”

“I’ll save you anytime.” Jongin tried to not laugh as he made his statement.

Kyungsoo was being quite over dramatic, but it was extremely adorable so Jongin wasn’t going to point out that he wasn’t in any danger.

    Jongin hadn’t seen Kyungsoo very happy at all, until he gave him ice cream. Kyungsoo even put his little ziploc bag of carrots back in the cooler when he heard Jongin mention the ice cream vendor that was walking up and down the beach. Kyungsoo was all smiles when Jongin returned with a chocolate cone for himself and a large rainbow popsicle for Kyungsoo. After a few minutes of Kyungsoo’s cheerful humming and a couple of painful brain freezes, the sweet treats were gone. Jongin stood up and cracked his back and stretched out his limbs. Jongin thought Kyungsoo’s happy mood might give him a chance to get him into the water.

“Kyungie, how about we go into the sea now?”

Kyungsoo’s eyes widened at the suggestion. He rapidly shook his head and huddled himself into his chair. Jongin was starting to get a little agitated by now. He came for a nice date with his adorable boyfriend, but Kyungsoo refused to do anything. Jongin waltzed over to Kyungsoo’s chair and pulled him right out of it and began carrying him towards the water.

“We’re going to have some fun.” Jongin pouted.

Kyungsoo couldn’t see that Jongin was just trying to play around with him due to the fact that he was utterly terrified. His horror intensified when Jongin began to get deeper in the water. Kyungsoo clung to Jongin for dear life, this usually happened on a day to day basis so Jongin didn’t really pay attention to it. Jongin was up to his waist when he felt Kyungsoo shaking. This was also pretty routine, but it felt more violent than usual. Then he heard Kyungsoo’s quiet sobs and sniffles. He pulled Kyungsoo back to see his face, though the boy tried to hold on even tighter. Jongin’s heart clenched when he saw Kyungsoo’s face that was covered with fresh tears.

“Kyungie? Kyungie what’s wrong?”

Kyungsoo just reached out for Jongin again. He obliged and let Kyungsoo cling to him again as he began to hurry out of the water. He gently placed Kyungsoo on one of their towels that they had laid out on the sand.

“Kyungie are you afraid of the sea?”

“I-I-I can’t s-s-wim” Kyungsoo began to cry louder.

Jongin felt like a total jerk. He didn’t stop to think why Kyungsoo wasn’t having fun and made his little bunny cry. He pulled Kyungsoo in for a hug and began to tear up himself.

“I’m so sorry Kyungie.”

    Kyungsoo glared at Jongin from the floatie he was sitting on. It had been a week since the whole beach incident and Jongin vowed to make it up to him. He had already gotten him hot cocoa every morning, since Kyungsoo hates coffee, and attempted to make him a nutella carrot cake. Now, he was trying to give him swimming lessons. Kyungsoo had refused to enter the pool though. Now he was sitting on a floatie watching Jongin swim laps.

“See it’s easy!”
“It smells funny.” Kyungsoo’s nose twitched, it was one of the quirks he had that Jongin loved.

Jongin sighed and placed his head on the cafe table and watched Kyungsoo happily eat his muffin. Jongdae, who had recently gotten a job there, came to greet the couple.

“Wow you two really must have swam a lot if you’re this tired.”

“You have no idea!” Kyungsoo stated dramatically.

Jongdae laughed and went to go get two hot cocoas for them, on the house of course.

“Kyungie...you didn’t swim at all! You just made me demonstrate everything!”

“I’ve learned a lot from you today teacher!” Kyungsoo gave him a cheeky grin.

Jongin was beginning to think that Kyungsoo had a bit of a mischievous side.

This is the first drabble of many to come!! I hope you enjoyed it!!!! Thanks to everyone who likes and subscribes and all that jazz! Love you all~