001

Blaze of Glory

     “Time to go to hell.” I whispered to myself as I jump on the bus. People are staring at me and started murmuring. I keep my chin up until I found a chair. I sit down and set my bag on the side. I look out the window and saw my mom working on her garden. Stupid garden.

     Someone threw a crumpled paper on my head. ‘Here we go.’ I thought. I open the paper and it says HEY MURDERER. I crumple the paper and set it aside. I hate my life.

“Don’t mess with the murderer and the .” The girl shouted. I can’t recognize her voice. Probably another recruit.

“And the .” Sheilah added. The one with the weird name. She’s half Korean and half American. She’s one of the cheerleaders.

“And the boyfriend stealer.” Hyeri giggled. The skinniest girl among the cheerleaders but also the stupidest.

They are called the ‘Cheerleaders’. They are the cheerleaders of the school and yes, they are ‘popular’. I sink into my seat and close my eyes. I want to disappear.

 

xxx

 

     After math class, I quickly go to the bathroom to eat my lunch. I saw Krystal reapplying her lipbalm. “Hi there, Joy.” She said and the corner of her lip curves.

     I smiled and didn’t say a word. She used to be my best friend not the leader of the Cheerleaders. We used to be best friends. Before I went in the toilet, she mouthed, “I hate you.”

 

xxx

 

     After lunch, I went to the gym because duh, we have gym class. I used to love gym class because I get to exercise but when the Cheerleaders targeted me as their prey, I hated it. So so much.

     I went straight to my locker to change to my gym uniform. When I opened my locker, tampons dipped in tomato sauce welcomed me. God, such a waste. I know who did this. I know who’s behind all of this. My best friend. Ex-best friend.

     I grabbed a garbage bag and fetch all the tampons. They wasted so much money on me and they have all the time to bully me. Ha! I don’t give a .

     I placed the garbage bag into the bin and when I looked up, the Cheerleaders. In front of me.

     “That’s where you belong.” Krystal said pointing at the bin. Hyeri, Sheilah and the new recruit giggled.

 

     “5 months left and it will be spring break.” I whispered to myself. God, I sound so desperate. Well, I am. I hate being in school but I’d rather stay here than home. School is hell-ish. Home is hell.

     I thank the gods for protecting me. I mean, the Cheerleaders and the whole school literally aren’t beating me up physically. It all started with the Cheerleaders, and because they are popular, the students went along with them. I don’t give a .