Suho

The College Adventures

It was six in the morning when Suho’s alarm went off, waking not only himself, but his roommate up.  “Who the hell has an alarm on a Sunday?” His roommate mumbled.

 


“Want to come to the gym?” Suho asked stretching, completely ignoring Kris’ remark.

 


“Honestly, off.” Kris replied to what he thought was a stupid question. Sundays, are supposed to be for sleeping, and lounging. It didn’t include anything that exerted a lot of energy. To Suho, Sunday’s as the first day of the week, served as a planning day.

 


“Sorry.” Suho apologized to Kris before making his way down the hall and to the communal bathrooms, to get ready
for the gym. He slipped on a pair of black basketball shirts and a grey t-shirt with EXO printed on the front in black letters. He never missed an opportunity to promote or show his pride in the brotherhood .Once he was dressed he made his way downstairs to find Xiumin, his gym buddy, waiting for him. Xiumin was leaning against the doorframe that lead to the kitchen in his blue muscle tee and black shorts. In his right hand he held a big plastic jug, containing a gallon of water. His left hand held his phone as he quickly began typing away.

 


“Who are you talking to at 6 in the morning? Surely Jimin isn’t up yet.” Suho asked as he made his way to the kitchen to grab an energy bar.

 


Xiumin rolled his eyes, “Looking up to see who the legacies are this year.”

 


“I hope there are more than last year.” Suho asked, worried. While Exo was a great fraternity, they were failing in keeping a consistent amount of members. In fact, they were low in member count compared to the previous years. And as Suho’s first year as President he wanted to make damn sure that the member count grew. It was his goal to make EXO among the most sought after fraternities on campus.

 


“We have two. Huang Zitao, and Kim Jongin.”

 


Suho sighed, that wasn’t enough. “Any ideas to attract more members?” Adding just two new members to the frat
wouldn’t help their position. Especially since there is no say that those legacies would even show up to the recruitment event.

 


“Well, besides the usual, we can have
Chen promote us on the school radio. And it wouldn’t hurt to have Baekhyun and Chanyeol be in charge of the recruitment tent in the breezeway. They’re loud and fun, and will most definitely attract people. Plus, everyone likes them.”
Xiumin paused, “Well, everyone but the administration.”

 


Suho let out a sigh, and the boys began their jog to the gym.  He sure loved Chanyeol and Baekhyun, but theywere a hand full. And as the leader, he knew he would be indirectly responsible for their actions. They never did anything too bad, but stealing therapy dogs from the counselors had been an issue with them last year. “Hopefully, their dog knapping days are over.”

 


Xiumin laughed, shaking his head. “I wouldn’t count on it.”

 


“What? Do you know something?” Suho panicked. The boys couldn't have possibly already broken a rule, he thought. It was too early in the school year to get in serious trouble.

 


Xiumin’s eyes shifted, “No, but you know them. They love dogs.”



“That’s not comforting, Minseok.”


By eight, Suho found himself back at the house. Most of the members still asleep, all except for D.O. who he found, having breakfast, in the study room.

The study room was located on the first floor, and had various desks along two of the walls.  In the center of the room there was a black U shaped sectional couch, and a black coffee table in the middle. D.O. was sitting in the middle of the couch with his feet propped up on the table, and a bowl of cereal resting on his stomach. He was flipping through the channels, when a freshly showered Suho walked in and sat down next to him.

“Have you changed your major this year?” D.O. asked as he took a bite of coco puffs.

“You know I can’t do that.” As much as Suho didn’t like being a business major, he knew he couldn’t change it to what he wanted it to be.

D.O. set his cereal bowl down on the coffee table, giving Suho his full attention.  “You haven't talked to your parents about it?” He questioned.

“There’s no point in trying when I know the answer,” Suho sighed. “They’re paying for my education. They are not going to pay for me to get a degree in a field that isn’t guaranteed to provide me a job.” If Suho could be completely honest with his parents, he would let them know that he loathed business with a passion. Sure, he was great at it. Aced just about every test from his accounting class to his microeconomics class. He hated deciphering graphs, and figuring out the price ceilings, he hated the math involved in general. But he knew changing his major would disappoint his parents and they would stop paying for his education. As long as he could remember, he was to choose from becoming a businessman and specializing in international business and trade or become a doctor. He decided against a doctor as it would take a longer amount of years to achieve, and his parents would be spending more money.

He thought about paying for his own education. But he only had a job over the summer, which only paid him minimum wage. Not to mention that with the rising cost of education, he would end up in debt, or would have to drop out only mere credits from graduating.

“How about a minor in theater?” D.O suggested.

“Would you happen to have any new ideas for pledge week?” Suho quickly changed the subject, not wanting to continue.


 




At one o'clock there was an ear piercing scream coming from the second floor of the frat house. A few seconds later there was a loud banging on Suho’s bedroom door. He had fallen asleep at his desk, notebook opened, and pen in his hand. He yawned, and stretched his arms, as he walked towards the door. He wondered what the commotion was all about. He hoped it was something minimal, like Lay seeing a flying cockroach. Or maybe Luhan had the volume up really loud on his laptop, When Suho opened his bedroom door he came face to face with, Wyatt, a fellow third year student.

“Hey Wyatt-”

“Kyungsoo is two seconds from murdering Chanyeol.”

.

Kyungsoo and Chanyeol’s bedroom was located the furthest away from Suho’s room. Like all the other dorm rooms, it had white walls and two twin sized beds. Chanyeol side of the room was easily distinguishable from his roommates. His bed covers were navy, and had a couple of plushies resting against his pillows. The space above his bed contained posters of his favorite musicians from Muse to Hyukoh to Ariana Grande. Kyungsoo’s side of the room was organized and neat. His had two shelves on his wall one contained mangas organized alphabetically, and the other contained a couple of his favorite DVDs, with a small stack of school books next to them. He also had a small white board with his school schedule neatly written, and a small picture frame of his family.

When Suho made his way into the room he found Chanyeol contained in a headlock and a small dog resting next to a stain on D.O.’s bed.

“D.O. let Chanyeol go.” Suho said sternly with his arms crossed. Kyungsoo tighten his grip causing Chanyeol to squirm before finally letting him go.

“Chanyeol, whose dog is this?” Suho asked.

“Hey Suho, how’s it going? Nice to see you today. Excited to be the leader this year? You know I voted for you, right?”

“Chanyeol. Did you kidnap this dog from the counselor again?” Suho sighed already knowing the answer.

“I didn’t steal I rented him,” Chanyeol stated while picking up the rescue dog. “I just didn’t return him.”

“That’s still stealing.”
“Is it stealing, if we’re giving him a nice loving home?”
“Chanyeol you need to give him back. You can’t keep him here. It’s against the rules. And you basically just committed a crime.”

“Is it a crime to love, Suho? Is it?”

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes in annoyance and hit Chanyeol in the stomach, “God, you’re annoying.”

“Hey Chanyeol, “ Baekhyun walked in while texting on his phone. “When are you getting the dog-” Baekhyun stopped once he looked up to make eye contact with Suho.

“Baekhyun, were you involved in this crime?”

“No?” Baekhyun nervously laughed,”As a matter of fact I’m here to, uh...return it?”