SeKai *updated*

The College Adventures

            

It was the day before classes began and Jongin couldn’t have been more excited about starting his first year in college. It would be his first taste of the independence that he has always dreamed of. As much as he loved his parents he was now free to party as much as he wants, eat as much as he wants, and more importantly, sleep in as long as he wants. To top it all off he had his childhood friend, Sehun, as a roommate.  Their dorm room was located inside of SM hall, towards the center of  campus. Having failed to apply to residency on time, they were left with the smallest dormitory on campus. If one were to first walk into their dorm they would be greeted with a small hallway where the bathroom sink was located, along with three doors.

           One of the doors led to the shower and toilet, while the other two lead to two different bedrooms. Sehun and Jongin shared one, while the other held two different roommates, whom they have failed to have had a real conversations with.

 

“Sehun, could you ask them to turn it down?” Jongin groaned throwing his pillow over his head. It was the day before classes began and Jongin wanted to rest as much as possible, but was impossible as their suitemate consistently began blasting music at all hours of the day.

Unlike Kai, Sehun has been awake for the past hour, and has been attempting to take the perfect selfie. He managed to gain over two thousand followers on Instagram and felt obligated to share only the most quality pictures with his followers, or as he liked to call him his fans. Failing at his attempt, Sehun got up from his twin sized bed and walked across the room to Jongin’s bed.

 

“No, wake up, I want to play.”

 

Annoyed Jongin rolled his body away from Sehun, and continued to attempt to sleep. Sehun, however, wasn’t going to give up easily and began bouncing up and down on the bed.

 

“Jongin, c’mon let’s go exploring. “ He whined.


 

Kai let out a groan and sat up from his bed, “Explore what? We know where the food court is, what else do we need to find?”

 

“The hot sorority girls?”

 


“Damn,” Sehun spoke in awe as he walked down the sidewalk “these houses are huge!”

The boys found themselves standing in front of the most impressive of them all. It was a large white house with a fountain located in the center of the front lawn. It had fourteen windows, seven on each floor, and had beautiful pink flowers surrounding the perimeter of the house. To the right of the fountain, one could see large hot pink letters spelling out, SNSD, the name of the sorority.

 

“Are they not smart enough to remember where they live?” Sehun asked referring to the giant letters.

Jongin shrugged, “Maybe they’re just prideful.”

“What do sorority girls have to be prideful about?”

 

To Sehun, fraternities and sororities seemed like stupid cults filled with spoiled good looking rich kids who pay for their friends, and spent most of their time partying and drinking. Not that Sehun didn’t mind the partying or the drinking, but he thought that the cover up of it being about brotherhood or sisterhood was dumb. If you’re going to party then be honest about it. There’s no need to hide it under the false pretense of “friendship”. However, the tall brunette jogging past them thought differently. Clearly annoyed by Sehun’s comment, she stopped her light workout in order to set him straight.

 

“How about their philanthropic work and the large amount of money they raise for charities not only in the community, but across the nation? All while maintaining a 3.0 GPA.”  The brunette stood in front of the boys, with her manicured hands placed on her waist.

 

“Do they really raise that money? Or do their mommies and daddies just give it to them?” Sehun was annoyed, who was this rude girl who thought it was okay to interrupt his conversation with his best friend?

“Of course they raise that money,” The brunette retorted. Clearly annoyed, Sehun turned around to make eye contact with the girl. He was a little taken back by how attractive he found her to be. He was mesmerized, and she was angry but that didn’t make her any less attractive to him. It wasn’t until Jongin spoke that Sehun remembered that he too was annoyed.

 

“I’m sorry please excuse my rude friend,” Jongin quickly stepped in afraid that things may heat up between Sehun and the girl, “I’m Kai, and this is Sehun. And who might you be?”

Sehun raised his eyebrow in curiosity, “Kai?”

“What?” Jongin shrugged. “Kai sounds more mysterious and y.”

 

 

The girl rolled her eyes,“I’m Joy, future member of Xi Rho.”

 

Joy had a different view of frats and sororities then Sehun. To her a sorority was an association that will give her not only friends for life, but also countless opportunities that will shape and mold her into a model citizen. Not only that but it would eventually give her the connections that she may need once she graduates and pursues a career in acting.

 

“So you’re telling me, you aren’t even a member of one of these cults and you’re defending them?”

 

“It’s not a cult, it’s a sisterhood.” Joy replied.

 

“Sisterhood my , you’re paying for your friends.” Sehun claimed. He had enough of the rubbish coming out of Joy’s mouth. Aggravated with the comment, Joy glared at Sehun. How could someone she just met get under her skin so easily?

 

Feeling the tension rise, Jongin intervened once again, “How about we agree to disagree, okay?”

 

“How about we agree that your friend, Sehun, is an .” Jongin nodded, earning a slap to the shoulder from his friend. He shrugged, “Well, she’s right. You are an .”

 

“Excuse me, Princess. Don’t be mad that I’m giving you the real facts.”

 

“Listen here you limp noodle mother-”

 

Before Joy could finish her sentence, she was cut off by a loud scream coming from across the street, “Baekhyun! Chanyeol!”

 

The trio quickly forgot about their argument and turned to the large gray house across the street. A short black haired boy, then emerged from the front door holding a corgi. Behind him a taller boy with silver hair stepped out with a panicked look on his face.

 

“I told you keeping him in your room was a bad idea!” The short one yelled at the tall one.

 

“How was I supposed to know he would make D.O.’s bed his bathroom?” The tall one replied.

 

“Typical.” Joy mumbled before rolling her eyes and walking away deciding not to be involved with the mess that she was sure would follow. A third boy then stepped out of the house, looking stressed, “Baekhyun return the dog, now. Chanyeol, wash D.O.’s sheets and both you apologize.” He scolded the pair as if he was their father, something that amused Jongin and Sehun, which was made obvious from the grins on their faces.


“What are you two smiling about?” the tall one inquired when he noticed the pair watching him.

“That’s a cute dog you got there.” Jongin commented walking towards Baekhyun.

“Are you two by any chance here to check out the house? The tour was yesterday, I’m afraid you’re late. “The third boy began, “I’m Junmyeon or Suho, if you wish. You’re future pledges I assume?”

Sehun scoffed, “I wouldn’t pledge to a frat if my life depended on it.”

Jongin let out a nervous laugh, “He’s joking. He’s totally joking. We would love to be a part of EXO.”

“Since when?” Sehun questioned his best friend, this being the first he heard of Jongin wanting to be a frat boy.

“Since I learned I was a legacy.”