Chanyeol

The College Adventures

“Good afternoon,” a voice projected across the breezeway. “This is Chen, your angelic radio host, here to remind you that pledge sign up begins this week. Students have until wednesday to sign up in the breezeway, as the first event takes place on Friday. “

“So Chen,” his co-host LE started. “Since you’re our resident frat boy. Is there any advice you want to offer the new pledges this semester?”

“My advice for them is for them to stay true to themselves, respect the greek life rules, and join exo.”

LE let out a laugh, “Is that the best you got? That was the cheesiest thing I have ever heard you say.”

    The breezeway, located at the center of campus, was buzzing with student life. Here , different tables were set up along the perimeter of the long walkway, belonging to different school clubs. It was the first week of school and everyone was looking for activities to join in on. Among them were fifteen tables, each representing different sororities and fraternities competing to get the attention of their peers in an attempt to collect new pledges. SNSD (Sigma Nu Sigma Delta), was handing out cupcakes, and glitter pens to any girl who signed up. GotBang, was the most relaxed association among them. With their reputation of throwing the best parties on campus they they didn't need to work as hard. Recruiting members, Suga and Mark, just sat calm, occasionally engaging in conversation with boys who signed up.Exo, who were located across from Starbucks, used their location as an advantage. Baekhyun attempted to put his big mouth to use as he called out to male students who were exiting and entering the coffee house. Unfortunately, his efforts didn’t make much of a difference, as few boys would stop to even look towards their direction. His partner in crime, Chanyeol, played music catching the attention of his peers and often attempted to get them to approach him. One of the students he managed to attract was a tall, mysterious boy in nikes, ripped jeans, and a designer backpack. Both Baekhyun and Chanyeol, were mesmerized by the amount of confidence the young man had. He didn’t even offer a word them as he wrote his name on their sign up sheet, and but gave a slight nod before turning around and leaving. Curious as to who the man was, Chanyeol pulled the paper closer to him. “Zitao Huang.” He read out loud, before widening his eyes.

“A legacy! We managed to get a legacy!” He cheered remembering the names Xiumin had told him belonged to legacies attending the school this year. Legacies were those who have had a family enrolled in the fraternity before, and were often guaranteed a spot in the brotherhood. The action of the mysterious legacy, not only had the exo brothers to try harder, but also gave the male student body an interest in the frat. If a guy as cool as the mysterious man pledged to the house, then it couldn’t be a bad idea to sign up.  A couple of boys who had watched Zitao approach the table, followed in action. Once that crowd died down, Baekhyun tried even harder to get more boys to sign up.

“Hey! Kid in the orange shirt!” He yelled catching the attention of several people. “What’s your name?”

The young man he was referring to looked around before realizing it was him who Baekhyun was talking to, “I go by Ten.”

“Ten? That’s a cool name. You know, a cool guy like you would fit right into EXO. How about you become a pledge?”

Ten giggled awkwardly before slowly shaking his head in disagreement.

“Oh c’mon!” Baekhyun whined, widening his eye and pouting. “How can you say no to this face?”

Ten bit his lip, “Ah, uh I guess.” Baekhyun smirked and watched as the boy wrote his name, email, and phone number onto their sign up sheet. Chanyeol shook his head, knowing that there was a slim chance the boy would show up to the first event.

“You never told me if your sister was pretty.” Baekhyun asked as he attempted to balance a pen on his nose.

“She’s related to me isn't she?”

“Exactly why I’m asking.”

Chanyeol glared at his best friend, “You’re not funny.”

“I’m hilarious. Ask any of the SNSD girls.” Baekhyun bragged. “They love me.”

“No, you annoy them and they want you to leave them alone.”

“I wasn’t the one rejected by Sooyoung last spring.”

“She didn’t reject me. I rejected her, okay. Plus she has the same name as my sister and would've been weird.”

“Sure,” Baekhyun rolled his eyes. “Whatever helps you sleep at night.”

    Chanyeol looked into the crowd of students walking to and from class. His memory took him back to the day he attempted to ask Sooyoung on a date. He clearly remembered standing in front of the white sorority house, nervously as he built up the courage to knock on the door.

 

Taking a deep breath, he knocked on the door. He wasn’t expecting Sooyoung, to be standing there, yet there she was, smiling at him. Her smile faded for a second before coming back, something she hoped he didn’t notice. He did.

“Chanyeol, I wasn’t expecting you.” Sooyoung glanced at the bouquet of flowers in his hands. “Oh? Who are those for?”
Chanyeol panicked, he didn’t want to face the rejection he knew was coming. And looking at Sooyoung standing there in a little black dress, he guessed she was waiting on a date to show up. He noticed a short blonde walk past behind Sooyoung, and he used it as his way out. “Taeyeon! They’re for Taeyeon. Actually, Baekhyun sent this for her. “


“You just need to get back out there.” Baekhyun recommended, snapping Chanyeol back to the present. Chanyeol nodded, before taking a look once more at the crowd of students. Spotting a short brunette in jean shorts, he turned to his friend, “Do you think I have a chance with Hyuna?”

Baekhyun snorted, “In your dreams, loverboy.”

“How about Hani?”

Baekhyun shook his head,“Boyfriend.”

“Anda? She’s cute and quirky.”

“Gay.”

“Hwasa?”

“Dude, if Luhan can’t score a date with her, what make you think you will.”

“Moonbyul?”

“That’s like dating Xiumin. No.”

“How about-”

“I’m surprised you haven’t heard about Wendy having a crush on you with those big ears of yours.” Lay interrupted, startling his frat brothers.

“God,” Chanyeol clutched his chest. “Where did you come from?”

“China.”

Baekhyun laughed, “Whose Wendy? And did she get her eyes checked?”

“She’s part of Irene’s sorority. She started this spring. Early high school graduate.” Lay answered, taking a seat besides Chanyeol.

“Wait, “ Baekhyun looked bewildered. “She’s smart and has a thing for Yoda here? Impossible, something must be wrong with her.”

“Maybe I should try one of those dating apps? Tinder, possibly?” Chanyeol thought out loud, ignoring his friends.

Lay shook his head in disapproval, “What if you get matched with a professor or something? How weird would that be?”

“Well then, he could score us some passing grades then.” Baekhyun joked, earning a slap to the back of his head from Lay.

“That one calculus professor is hot. I would date her.” Chanyeol commented, as Luhan approached the table holding four starbucks in his hands.

“Could you be a little more specific?” Lay reached for his tall iced green tea.

“He’s talking about Sandara,” Luhan joined the conversation while distributing the rest of the drinks, “But she doesn’t date students. Believe me,” he ran his fingers through his hair, “ I’ve tried.”


Chanyeol sighed of course Luhan had asked a professor out. He had to be the most confident person he had ever met. And who wouldn't be if they had girls constantly throwing themselves at them. They all fell for Luhan’s baby face, and bad boy charms. Recalling the amount of dates he had seen Luhan with, Chanyeol decided to ask him for advice.

“Confidence.” Luhan shrugged. “This sounds lame but it’s the truth. Confidence usually does it. Also don’t use any of those, “Are your legs tired? Because you’ve been running through my mind” pick up lines, like Baek here does. They’re corny.”

“Girls love humor!” Baekhyun defended himself.

“And how many dates have you gotten from them?” Luhan asked, earning an expected silence. “See?” He turned his attention back to Chanyeol. “Doesn’t work. You gotta be suave with girls, make them swoon. And don’t stutter, be polite, and know when to walk away. But-”

Lay let out a laugh, interrupting Luhan, “You don’t know when to walk away. You won’t leave Hwasa alone. She’s not interested, dude, leave her alone.”

“...she’s playing hard to get.” Luhan shook his head, turning his attention back to Chanyeol “Anyways, be a little mysterious. It keeps them curious and makes them want to know more.”

Lay shook his head before letting out a sigh, “Listen, Luhan gets dates, but he hasn’t been in a real relationship since the French Revolution. I think you should just be yourself and wait for love to come to you. Sometimes it comes when you least expect it.”

Luhan began to argue with Lay stating that your early 20s should be spent testing the waters, that there was no need for long term relationships. After all they were frat boys, and they weren't exactly known for being in committed relationships. Lay was continuing his argument with Luhan, when Chanyeol spotted a familiar face in the breezeway. He got up from the table and brought over a tall brunette, catching everyone’s attention.

“Well, who must this beautiful girl be?” Luhan asked, obviously checking her out.

“Guys, meet my sister, Park Sooyoung.” Chanyeol glared at Luhan.. “Sooyoung meet Luhan, Yixing, and Baekhyun.”

Joy smiled, “Hello, nice to meet you. Please call me Joy.”

“Oh, she would definitely bring Joy to my life,” Luhan whispered.

 


Authors Note: So far there's only one couple that im set on and thats Joyhun, and im still debating on what other couples to include. Feel free to suggest any ships. The next chapter which will focus on Sehun.

update: I rewrote chapter one, check it out please. I changed a few things.