The 'Pretending'

The way to Mr. Perfect's heart

 

"You're great at making TOP mad..it'd kinda amazing, really" Dara awkwardly said to break all the silence they have been having in the car ever since they got into Jiyong's car. Jiyong looked at her and gave her a wide grin. "I guess I have already mastered it after all these years of bickering" Jiyong replied. "So umm...anyway, the plan you said yesterday, when will it happen?" Dara nervously asked. "It'll start now, the 'pretend' couple thing" Jiyong chuckled but still focused on the road. "SE-RIO-USLY?!" Dara stuttered. "Yeah" Jiyong gave her a reassuring smile. 
 
 
Jiyong stopped the car and Dara tried to open the door to get out but Jiyong pulled back the door again to close it. "Yah! What was that for?!" Dara shouted. "Listen to me first, since I'm the one who'll teach you this 'pretend couple stuff', I want you to just follow my lead, okay?" Jiyong told her. "Yeah, whatever, you're taking this wayyy too seriously" Dara replied. "Yes I do" Jiyong smiled. 
 
 
 
Jiyong opened his side of the door and then when to open Dara's side door. He then reached out his hand to help Dara get out of the car. Dara looked at him surprised that he actually acts gentle with her, "Are you sick? What's up with you?" Dara asked totally dumfounded. "Yah! I'm already initiating the plan, and as I said earlier, just follow" Jiyong replied. "Fine" Dara didn't want anymore arguements. So, Dara put her hand with Jiyong's and stood up. "So what do we do now?" Dara asked. 
 
 
 
"Give me your bag" Jiyong said. "Wait, what? what are you going to do?" Dara replied as if threatened. "Must I always spell everything for you? Duh I'm going to carry it" Jiyong then grabbed her bag and was about to walk when he remembered something, "Before I forget something, give me your hand" Jiyong said plainly. "Wha- " even before Dara could yet again finish her question, Jiyong already took her hand and intertwine it with his. Dara felt like she has been splashed with cold water because of the situation now. Although it's not the first time she held hands with him, she just felt that something's different and she can't determine it yet, it still confuses her. 
 
 
 
They've reached the classroom and still Jiyong holds her hand and he's not talking. They sat down at their chairs and fixed themselves. "We'll eat lunch together, we could watch a movie later too" Jiyong spoke. "Do we need to?" Dara asked. "Yeah, think of it as part of the 'pretending' couple thing" Jiyong then chuckled. The two have noticed though, that again, most of their classmates whispers amongst themselves. Dara is having again the uncomfortable feeling whenever people around them would exchange looks. "Are you sure about this? What might others think?" Dara feeling unsure of her decision to accept Jiyong's ridiculous offer. "Let them be. Those gossips will die down, don't let it get to you" Jiyong said. 
 
 
 
Lunch time...
 
 
 
"Let's eat" Jiyong stood up and dragged Dara out of the room. They went to the back of the school, where a garden can be seen. "The atmosphere here is nice, go on and seat" Jiyong said and lead Dara to seat beside her. Dara brought her luch out and opened it. "Now, feed me" Jiyong demanded. "Excuse me? What did you just say?" Dara irritatedly asked. "It's part of the couple thing, you feed your bf" Jiyong said and smiled. "This 'pretend' thing surely is tiring!" Dara irritatedly struck the hotdog with her fork and forced it into Jiyong's mouth. Jiyong almost choked because of Dara's sudden action. Still trying to maintain his composure, "WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?! YOU COULD'VE KILLED ME!!!" Jiyong shouted. "Then that would be a great news for the front page of the newspaper tomorrow. A GUY KILLED BECAUSE OF A HOTDOG!! Hilarious" Dara laughed out loud with the thought of Jiyong being killed because of a hotdog. "Quit blabbering, it's your turn!" Jiyong did the same as Dara did. And again, she almost choked, "Now, we're even!" Jiyong said and laughed out loud. It was indeed a crazy lunch. 
 
 
 
Little did they know...TOP was watching their every move. 
 
 
 
After class...
 
 
 
"Let's go watch a movie" Jiyong invited Dara. "Aren't you tired yet? this couple thing is really exhausting" Dara said. "This plan wouldn't be complete without "A DATE" Jiyong replied and again, without waiting for Dara's reply, he grabbed her and they went to a nearby movie theater. Jiyong choose a romatic comedy movie he thinks that they can enjoy. Dara just let Jiyong do as he wish. 
 
 
 
Inside the movie theater, Jiyong and Dara sat beside each other. Dara was quite uncomfortable since it would be her first time, watching a movie with a guy (well, except for his brother, Thunder). "Hey, are you alright?" Jiyong asked. "Yeah, I'm fine" Dara said. Dara tried to focus in the movie eventhough she really can't. She looked at Jiyong, who seems to be totally hooked with the movie. Though the only light present is from the movie screen, she still noticed how Jiyong looked, how his eyes seem to shine bright, his beautiful nose and his soft lips,...she gets cold-feet for no reason but she feels warm inside, "What is this feeling? I can't understand it. This is weird" Dara thought to herself. Jiyong noticed and smiled at her which made her heart more flustered. Jiyong took her hand and again intertwine it with his. Dara felt like she couldn't handle it anymore, she can't understand why she acts this way. She can feel that her heart beats faster and faster by the second. But still, she likes this feeling, it's so foreign to her. 
 
 
 
 
They then decided to go home. Silence filled the car as they were on their way home. Dara continuously looks at the window, avoiding contact with Jiyong's eyes. Jiyong noticed it and asked, "Hey, something wrong?". "Nope, everything's fine" Dara answered without looking at him. 
 
 
 
 
They have reached the Kwon's Residence. They stood outside the gate when Jiyong suddenly stopped. "Before this day ends, let's seal it with a kiss" Jiyong casually said. Dara immediately turned into red with Jiyong's remark. "WHAT?!" Dara stuttered again. "Whatever you say, I'm still going to do it though" Jiyong said and flashed his boyish smile. Jiyong slowly leaned forward, there faces slowly getting closer...Dara closed her eyes and ready herself for her "first kiss". When suddenly.........
 
 
 
 
Jiyong kissed her on the forehead. 
 
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
 
I have an exam to prepare for but I can't let my dear subscriber down :)) i love everyone, anyway, i gotta study now ^_^
 
 
@those confused - i know the jiyong and dara were in an arranged marriage, but technically, they are still in high school, so anything can be possible :P their marriage is to be done after graduation...so yeah :)) anything can happen ;) they can even date whoever they want :))) but still, daragon <3
 
lots of love, 
 
 
iamvipappler <3