The Moment

The way to Mr. Perfect's heart

 

Dara remained in the floor crying. Jiyong would just look at her, not knowing what to do. He went near her. He reached out his hand but Dara just looked at him, her eyes soaked with tears. Dara then stood up and ran as fast as she could, leaving Jiyong behind and staring at her.
 
 
Jiyong decided to go to the classroom thinking that Dara could've went there already and everything would be back the way it was. He went inside the classroom and saw the seat next to him empty. Jiyong took his seat and scanned his eyes in the room. He noticed that most of his classmates were looking at him and then they would whisper amongst themselves. He didn't mind them, he's more concerned with where did Dara go. 
 
 
When the morning class were through, Jiyong approached to Bom and said, "Have you seen Dara?". "No, I haven't seen her. Go ask someone else" Bom replied in a cold voice, without even looking at Jiyong. "You know you can never be mad at her forever, she needs you now" Jiyong said and left. Bom was left there looking out the window in deep thoughts.
 
Jiyong looked everywhere but still, no trace of Dara was seen the whole day. He called at home, hoping that Dara just stayed at home. "Is Dara there?" Jiyong said to the person in the other line. "She isn't here sir" the person in the other line replied. 
 
 
It was already dark when Jiyong passed by the park near their house. Tired from searching all day, he decided to sit in the swings. But then he noticed a petite figure sitting in one of the swings, her hands covering her face and seemingly crying so hard. He went and sat in the swing beside the girl crying. It's Dara. 
 
 
"Finally, I've found you. I have been looking everywhere for you". Jiyong spoke facing Dara who still have her hands covering her face. Dara didn't even replied, instead she cried harder which surprised Jiyong since he doesn't really know how to calm her down, it's his first time seeing someone cry that hard. "Yah, stop crying" Jiyong said
 
 
"Go away" Dara's little cracking voice replied. Jiyong then started swaying the swing and said "If you don't stop crying, you'll get ugly" Jiyong tries to to calm her from crying. "Mind your own business" Dara replied. Jiyong became somewhat irritated with Dara's remark. "Fine, have it your way" Jiyong stood up and was about to leave when Dara spoke again. "I have problem with bullies that's why I'm reacting this way."
 
 
She continued, "I never really intend to be the center of attention but it seems that the situation is turned upside-down. I'm sorry if your getting involved with those rumours....I really don't know what to do anymore" Dara finally removed her hands that's covering her face but she still didn't look at Jiyong. Jiyong came near her, patted her head gently and said, "Stand up". Dara looked up with her eyes swollen like hell from her all-day crying. Confused, she still followed what Jiyong said. They are now looking at each other, face to face. Jiyong has a gently look on his face and gave Dara a smile. Without saying a word, Jiyong grabbed Dara, making her fall in Jiyong's arms. Dara's now locked at Jiyong's arms. Jiyong then spoke, "Now you can cry all you want. I'll listen". Because of Jiyong's remark, Dara's eyes were slowly filled with tears. She buried her face in Jiyong's chest and her grab in Jiyong's uniform tightened as she cry like a child in his arms. They both stayed that way for a long time, not minding who will see them. Dara couldn't explain it but there is something in Jiyong's hug that assures her that everything will be right at the end. 
 
 
When Dara finally stopped crying, Jiyong let her go of his hug. Dara smiled at Jiyong and said "Thank you Jiyong. I really appreciate it." Jiyong replied by giving her a smile and said, "Let's get going, it's getting late." They both walked home smiling and the awkward atmosphere that they would experience before when they are with each other, is finally gone.
 
 
When they reached the floor to their rooms, Jiyong first let Dara go into her room before he entered his. Dara couldn't explain it why but she couldn't sleep that night. Her head would always replay what happened earlier, Jiyong locking her in his arms. 
 
 
The next day....
 
 
Jiyong unexpectedly woke up early. He took his breakfast and took a bath. He waited for Dara to come out and prepare. Unlike before, they went to the car to school together. Many bystanders saw Dara getting out of Jiyong's car. It caused a stir. A lot of students would again whisper to each other.
 
 
"You go in first. I think it would be better if we don't get near each other at school. Rumours would again spread like yesterday." Dara said to Jiyong. But Jiyong pretended that he did not hear what Dara said. He grabbed Dara's hand and intertwined them with his. It shocked Dara and tries to pull her hand away, but it seems that Jiyong's grip is too tight for her to wiggle her hand free. 
 
 
"Yah! What are you doing?!" Dara finally spoke when Jiyong would tighten his grip whenever she tries to remove her hand. Jiyong pulled her and walked as if it's nothing. "We'll go in together" Jiyong said. 
 
 
 
While they are walking at the hallway, different looks were given. Most of the people would question, "Are they dating?!?!?!" Eventhough Dara wanted to disappear and run away from that place, Jiyong's grip wouldn't let her do so. 
 
 
They finally reached their classroom. All of their classmates were shocked seeing Jiyong holding Dara's hand. Being the most popular guy, everyone's attention sure are focused in everything he does. But Jiyong doesn't care. They proceded to their seat and act like nothing's wrong. A lot of whispering occurred inside the room. 
 
 
Lunch Break...
 
 
Jiyong stood up and left Dara on their table. Dara then decided to follow Jiyong but she lost sight of him. Instead, she saw TOP approaching her. She deliberately put on her efforts not to talk to him but still, TOP was fast enough to reach her. "Where have you been yeaterday? I didn't see you all day"TOP asked, looking so worried. 
 
 
"I just went somewhere to clear my mind" Dara replied. "There has been a rumor speading around this morning...I wanted to confirm if it is true" TOP said as he slightly fixed his hair with his fingers. "What is it?" Dara got curious
 
 
"There has been a rumor that you and Jiyong are holding hands as you walk down the hallway" TOP looked like he's curious as hell if the rumor is true.
 
 
"Yes, its true. Jiyong grabbed my hand for no reason and started walking" Dara said it as if it's not a big of a deal. TOP was taken aback with Dara's reply but tried to calm himself. "Is there something between you and that guy?" TOP's jaw clenched and finds a hard time relaxing. 
 
 
"I know I should have told you this earlier but I didn't have the courage to do so......Me and Jiyong are in an arranged marriage. That's why I am here in Seoul. I also live in their house. Please don't tell anyone." Dara said with her head lowered facing the ground.
 
 
 
TOP was in shock that he couldn't find the words to reply to what Dara said. 
 
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
 
thanks for everyone who subscribed :D I really happy that you find this fanfic interesting! I love reading your comments :) 
 
 
 
lots of love, 
 
iamvipappler <3