× Chapter 31

Surrounded by mean boys!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyemin's POV

Silence. All that was heard was silence. Jungkook has his head hung low after he warned me about Subin. I was confused and his rude attitude from before infuriated me. He didn't told me the reason why Subin was dangerous and I didn't wanted to ask him anymore as I witnessed anxious and fear mixed into one on his face. I bit my lips, not knowing what to do. I couldn't just jump into conclusion without knowing what happened between Jungkook and her. So instead of asking him more questions, I slipped my fingers to his, interwining them. He was startled by my action, but I just smiled at him and gave his hand a little squeeze.

"Let's go home, should we?"

I wasn't expecting Jungkook to obey what I just told him when he nodded his head, his eyes still on the ground. I sighed and gave a faint smile at him before pulling him with me, heading to my house. I had his hand on mine for the whole time, and he didn't complained. Instead, he gripped on it tightly from time to time and I could just looked at him in worry. This was the first time seeing Jungkook behaving this way.

As we arrived home, mom took her handbag as she rushed towards the shoes rack, pulling out a pair of red high heels from it and putting it on in a rush.

"Hyemin, I have an appointment with my friends so please look after the house and take care of our guest too, alright? If you're hungry, there are still some ramen left in the refrigerator. I'll be taking my leave now."

Mom gave a smile, to which I suppose was for Jungkook. Though, I didn't complained when she shot me a glare instead of a motherly smile that she gave to Jungkook.

Few minutes after mom has left, I laid down on my bed while Jungkook was resting on the couch, reading a random book that he got from the bookshelf. Again, the air was filled with silence. I was reminded of that look Jungkook has back in the park. I shook my head, trying to throw the thoughts of my head. But curiosity won as the words that I shouldn't spoke slipped out of my mouth. 

"How is Subin dangerous?"

I realized that I shouldn't have asked him about it as it seemed like a sensitive topic for him. Jungkook was silent, I heard him placing the book on the couch and sat on the corner of the bed, his back facing me. 

"Subin, she's not as kind as you think of. She's evil, she's a witch, she's- she destroyed my trust for her and break me apart." 

I stayed silent, feeling guilty for asking such question. And for a moment I thought I heard a sobbing. I gripped on my bed sheet, is he crying?​

Slowly, I crawled towards him and sat myself beside him. I couldn't say anything even if I wanted to. It was as if a knife has just strucked on my throat, preventing me to speak. I glanced at Jungkook. His face was buried in his hand and his elbow rested on his knees. I didn't know what he ment by her breaking him apart. Would it be that they used to date or some unwanted accident happened, all that didn't matter right now as seeing Jungkook being this way ripped my heart apart. 

I pulled Jungkook closer to me, resting his head on my shoulder. The tear drops that fell on my jacket, I could feel it. It hurts me listening to his cries. I desperately wanted the happy Jungkook back. I hated this air of melancholy that surrounded him instead of happiness. I might be greedy for wanting that, since I knew t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter