Chapter 2: Potato

The Feeling

 

Chapter 2


---

Today is Lay and Luhan's first day of senior high, of course on the first day of school, students tend to go to school early to check for their classes and bond with their friends that they haven't seen for months, but for Lay, he was just plain excited to set foot in school.

"Lay-ah. Get up, you told me to wake you super duper early today." The brown headed boy-Hyung says, as he softly pat on his dongsaeng's thigh. Lay cringed at the contact, "Mmm. Hyung~ Good morning" he says, pulling the covers up his head. Luhan sighed at his dongsaeng's reaction, he was actually expecting this since Lay's mom advised him to do whatever it takes to wake Lay up. "I guess this was what she meant by doing whatever it takes." He says, smiling at the sight of Lay's figure beside him.

After 30 minutes of doing everything to wake Lay, the dimpled boy finally woke up. Luhan used all methods to wake the boy; poking his face, patting him hard, leveling a phone near the boy's ear while it's ringing, pinching the boy's nose hard, and shaking him like there's an earthquake.. but seriously, none of it worked. Lay woke up on his own, just right after Luhan gave up on waking him.

As soon as the the dimpled boy woke up, he instantly made his way to the bathroom to shower and get ready. Meanwhile, Luhan was in the kitchen, trying his hardest to make a perfect omelette for his new roommate. The older boy had already finished preparing, while his dongsaeng was busy sleeping, so all he needs to do is change in to his uniform, so while waiting for Lay he decided to cook for both of them.

Lay instantly finished showering and changing, so Luhan immediately called him for breakfast. "Lay-ah. Go eat first after that, I'll go change now. Start with without me." He says, walking past Lay toward the bathroom. Lay nodded as he fix his tie in front of the mirror near his bed. "Luhan-hyung? Aren't you going to meet some of your friends today?" The younger boy asks, making his way to the dining table. "Hmm. I guess no? But we might see them on the way maybe? But those punks are always late especially Jongdae, Baekhyun and Sehun. Lay hummed in response, as he scoop 2 bowls of rice for the both of them.

'I wish I could get a long with Luhan-hyung's friends too.' Lay thought, imagining how they all look like. 'Since Hyung is really cute I bet his friends are too. He's kinda quiet so his friends might be too? Hmmm. I'm so excited to see them.' 

"What are you thinking, you've been dozing off since you sat there." Luhan says, fixing his vest before sitting. Lay looked at him in the eyes, his face not showing any emotion. Luhan's eyes widened, a bit startled to Lay's change of mood. "W-what's wrong with you? Is the food bad? I'm not a good cook you know." He says as he look away from Lay's gaze. The younger boy chuckled at the older boy's reaction, showing his very deep dimple. Luhan glanced at the boy, a little confused. "I was thinking about how cute and innocent you look like. I was also wondering how your friends would look like since you look so pure." Lay explains as he chows down.

Luhan felt his cheeks heat up, "Y-yah! What are you saying? C-cute? Don't make me laugh. I'm one of the manliest person alive."  He says, pointing his chopsticks at the younger boy, his other hand hitting his chest, showing how manly he is. Lay just gave a small smile at him, "You really are cute hyung. Just eat okay." He says as he pick up a small piece of the omelette and put it on Luhan's bowl. 

The two of them are now walking towards school, it's not really a long walk since their dorm is 2 blocks away from school. Lay keeps on humming as they walk side by side while Luhan is on his phone, probably texting his friends. 

*bzzzt* *bzzzt*

"Oh. That's mine." Lay says, feeling his phone on his pocket. After taking his phone out, he sees a text from Kris.

To: Lay
From: Yifan

Lay-dongsaeng! Goodluck on your first day. Don't get too close and friendly with other people. You're mine. I am your number one okay? *insert heart emoji* Take care x 

-Your Really Handsome & Cool Friend -
KRIS.

Lay chuckled at the thought of Kris saying those things to him personally. 'I swear he can't live without me.' He says to himself.

To: Yifan
From: Lay

Yifan-hyung! Of course you'd be my number one friend since your my only friend you idiot but I'm now friends with Luhan-hyung and his nicer to me so He might replace you soon! Hahaha. *insert smirk emoji* No, you're the one who should take care of yourself since I'm far from you. I know and you know that you can't go on without me. Eat three times a day okay? Saranghae x

Lay just can't keep his smile hidden, just thinking about that crazy and airhead hyung makes him so happy. He's been with Kris since forever, they've been together facing up and downs since they were little so being away from him really pains Lay. 

*bzzt* *bzzt*

To: Lay
From: Yifan

Well not really a number one friend but, I guess I could settle with that. I can take care of myself, I'm older than you so stop lecturing me. Who's this Luhan? Ditch him. He's a creep. It's true, I can't go on without you. It has to be you. You feel the same right? RIGHT!! 

'Pffft. He's so stupid, I swear. This hyung, really.' Lay says to himself. 

To: Yifan
From: Lay

You're so demanding, OKAY NUMBER ONE BESTFRIEND. Happy now? Luhan's my roommate you moron, you just met him yesterday. You're the creep here, I can go on without you okay? I'm going to text you later because I'm on my way to school now so bye! Don't miss me too much.

Lay sends his message with a small chuckled leaving his lips. Luhan's attention got caught by Lay's gentle laughs and chuckles. He smiles softly, as he looks at their walking feet before deciding to nudge Lay's arm. "Girlfriend?" The older boy asks, looking straight at the boy's eyes. Lay looked at him, his smile not wavering. "Eh?" The younger boy says not getting what Luhan was saying. "I was asking if you're texting your girlfriend because you kept on chuckling and giving off small laughs." Luhan explains. "Ahhhh. Aniya, but I guess this person is more demanding than any girlfriends out there." Lay replies, glancing at Luhan with a soft smile before looking at his screen again.

To: Lay
From: Yifan

For me, you're more than a bestfriend. Well anys, Give it your best. You airhead boy. Bye. I won't. don't worry. ~ fighting!

Lay let out a very deep sigh before closing his phone, he was actually feeling good about this change. Being able to see his hometown and feel the ambiance of the whole place.

"Luhan-hyung!" A boy with brown locks who is a little farther from where they are shouted. "Ah. Baekhyun-ah?" Luhan says as he settles his vision to see if it was really Baekhyun, since the said boy is never up early. The two of them walked towards the loud boy's location.

"A-annyeonghaseyo." Lay immediately bows his head. Baekhyun was a bit startled by the sudden formality of the other boy so he also did the same. Luhan chuckled at Lay and Baekhyun's sudden formality. "You look angelic being all nice to a new friend Baekhyun-ah. It doesn't suit you." Luhan says, patting the boy's shoulder. Baekhyun gave him a sarcastic smile and a hit on his shoulder as a short response.

Meanwhile, Lay wasn't able take his eyes off Baekhyun. He was mesmerized by the boy's beauty, Lay definitely sees him as both beautiful and gorgeous. "Baekhyun-ah, this is my new roommate Lay. He's a transfer student from China like me, last year" He says as he pats Baekhyun's back. Lay nods as he gives Baekhyun a very big smile. "It's nice to meet you Baekhyun-sshi." Lay says, extending his hand to give Baekhyun a handshake. The said pretty boy smiled back at Lay and took the handshake. "You too. Please take care of me." He says, before they started walking again.

Baekhyun's infront of Lay and Luhan as they walk since Luhan felt that he needs to stand/walk by Lay's side for now since he's new to things here. "Say Lay-sshi, what do you think of Korea?" Baekhyun says, as he glance a the back to see Lay. "A-ah. It's pretty big I guess? I don't really know much since It's my first time and I haven't gone farther than the school or dorm." Lay says, scratching his head. Luhan smiled at the boy, "I'd tour you some time. Don't worry you're with me." The little hyung says, as he make a thumbs up sign at Lay. 

Baekhyun chuckled loudly when he heard Luhan's words. "Said by the former transfer student who gets lost every time and calls me for help every time he's lost." The pretty boy says, clicking his tongue and shaking his head. Luhan immediately blushed at the statement and kicks Baekhyun's shin. "SHUT IT. I don't get lost anymore okay!?" Luhan says, looking away from Lay's gaze out of embarrassment. Lay smiled at Luhan's cute response. "It's okay Luhan-hyung. We can get lost together so you won't be alone." Lay says, teasing the older boy more. Luhan glared  at Lay and groaned. "I SAID THAT I DON'T GET LOST ANYMORE OKAY" Luhan shouted, leaving his two laughing dongsaengs as he walks ahead.

The three of them arrived at school, it seems like they were a bit late since a lot of students are already crowding inside the campus. Everyone is busy looking for their rooms and classes. "Our classes are listed near the gym so we'll be heading there first." Luhan says, leading the way. Baekhyun and Lay just nodded at him since the two of them didn't really know that. Well, it's normal for Lay not to know since he just transferred and he wasn't informed but for Baekhyun he didn't really care. 

"Ahh! There it is! Class 1 -2" Luhan says, seeing his name on the list. Lay was also trying hard to find his name but his name wasn't listed on Luhan's class. "Ew! We're in the same class Luhan-hyung." Baekhyun says, seeing his name on the list too. Lay felt sad since Luhan and Baekhyun are classmates and he isn't a part of their class. "Oh. There's mine. Class 1-7" Lay says, a smile forming on his face. "Great! But that's really far from our room. Are you gonna be okay?" Luhan says, feeling worried for having separate classes with Lay. "It's okay. Hyung." the dimpled boy says, giving Luhan a reassuring smile. Baekhyun patted Lay's shoulder, "Don't worry, it'll be fine. We'll see each other every Lunch and after class. We'll pick you up." Baekhyun says, Waving his hands at Lay. The dimpled boy nodded his head vigorously, feeling excited at the thought of them having lunch. "We'll be going now okay? Make sure to text if you get lost." Luhan says, waving at Lay. Baekhyun also waved at him before they turn their backs.

Lay immediately searched for his room, he was actually lost. He can't seem to find the right room for his class. "Uhm. I-it says room 517 so it's probably on the Fifth floor huh. Why didn't I go with Luhan-hyung and Baekhyun-sshi." Lay whispers as he lets out a big sigh. He immediately took the stairs and  --- *crash*

Lay didn't see it coming but he bumped into someone pretty hard, but before Lay was about to fall the other person immediately caught him, Both of his hands are at Lay's neck and the other one on the waist. Lay's eyes were closed so he wasn't aware of his position right now.

"OMG. I am so sorry. Are you okay? Are you hurt anywhere?" The boy he bumped in to asked him, a little shocked from what happened. Lay immediately opened his eyes to see the person talking. When he opened his eyes, he saw a boy with black locks staring right at him. He blushed a little since their face is really close and when he realized that their position looks so weird and awkward, he blushed even more. "Uhmm. Wait? Are you drunk? You are so red." The boy says, his eyes squinting as he looks at Lay's tomato face. Lay's eyes widens as the boy comes closer to his face, too get a good look i guess?so  He immediately pushed the boy away from him then fall on the cold cement. The boy chuckled at Lay's action. "Hmmm. You know what? I think you are." the boy says, giving him a lovely smile. "A-actually I am not. It's just that... Umm. I- I had tomato juice this morning." Lay says, feeling stupid for his obvious lie. The boy eyed him intently for seconds then nodded. "Well, Fair enough." The boy says, as he offer Lay a hand to help him stand. Lay grabbed the boys hand and helped himself up.


"I am so sorry, i just dashed at the stairs without checking." Lays says, giving the boy a small smile. The boy smiled back at him before shaking his head. "No, no, it's fine ya know since you're not hurt or anything. Well I think you are now since you pushed me." The boy says as he nudges his elbow at Lay's arm. Lay chuckled lightly at him realizing what he did and that the fall made him hurt his arm a little. "Ahh~ yeah. Sorry." Lay says, stretching his arms to make it feel better. The boy smiled at him before grabbing Lay's other arm and started dragging him. "Uh. W-wait where are you taking me?" Lay asks, trying to budge at the other boy's hold. "It's okay. I won't try to kidnap or kill you." The boy says, still dragging Lay towards somewhere. "Oh." Lay mumbles, not knowing what to say. The boy then glanced at him and flashed him a smile. "Well unless you're from a very rich family. Are you?"  He says with a smirk before chuckling lightly and looking at the front again. 
"W-what!?" Lay shouts at the boy, feeling a little scared. "I was joking okay? Sheesh. It's cool. I'm dragging you to the clinic because it might bruise your arm so yeah. Oh yeah, before I forgot. You're new here right? Let's be friends. Name's Sehun You?" The boy says glancing back and forth at him. "Lay" Lay says, looking down. Sehun smiled at Lay's cute reaction. "What a potato. It's cute."


......//

Hello lovelies! I am so sorry it took me awhile to update and the fact that I rushed this is also unforgivable. Please bear with it okay? I'll try better on the next since I am struggling so much on how to tell the story, i mean should i use first pov or third ugh well yeah I'll try to figure it out very soon! So i hope you enjoyed this!! Thank youuuu. Post comments or feedbacks pls i really need em right now 💕 Sorry for the wrong grammars and mispelled things there since I rushed it so much it's a hell. I love you all🌺🌿