Chapter 1

The Feeling

Hello my lovely readers! This is the first chapter of this story so I hope you all enjoy it. I love you all ~

--

Lay, is a very lovely and kind boy. He was abandoned by his parents when he was 2, they left him in the orphanage without any traces, just the name Lay stitched on the baby's clothes. When he reached the age of 4, He then was adopted by a Korean Woman and a Chinese Man. The couple was sadly, denied by fate to bear a child or to create an offspring, so they decided to adopt a kid from their friend's orphanage, which Lay is a part of. After being adopted, his new parents and him decided to fly to China and stay there for good, so Lay was said to practice and learn Chinese. With the help of his parents and a tutor, he really did became fluent after years of practicing. He felt really loved by his foster parents, like he was their own child which made him so happy and thankful. He started a new life there, met new people and earned a friend he never knew he'll be very close with till now. That boy's name is Wu Yifan or Kris.

 

Lay and Kris have been friends since they were 5, the two of them are pretty much inseparable.   They ended up being neighbors in China which made both of their families really close. Kris' family is wealthier than wealthy. Their family is very well known in China and in other places so it's not everyday that he can be with his parents. He always visits the house of Lay and his family whenever his family is not around. Lay's foster parents didn't have any problems with it and welcomed him whole-heartedly every time and actually treats him like a part of their family.

 

One day, Lay decided to go to Korea to see his real  home and to know more about it. He also thought of studying there, just to gain an experience in his culture. His mom and dad didn't agree to it first but the two of them tried to understand him so "why not" they say. Lay knew that it was a little selfish of him but he really wanted to find his biological parents or to just know something about them, but since he was abandoned at a very young age he doesn't remember anything and might end up not finding them, but that won't stop him..

 

So his mom and dad prepared everything for him. They  enrolled him right after his junior high and settled things for their lovely son. So after several months, it was time for Lay's flight and his mom offered to send him along with Kris who won't stop begging to go together.

 

In the plane, Kris and Lay were sitting next to each other while his mom is seated in front of them. Lay is actually very excited about moving, he can't stop smiling at the thought of it. Kris glanced at him, "Are you that excited to leave me?" Kris says his eyes filled with sadness. Lay glanced back at him and smiles at Kris' cute reaction. "What are you saying? Of course I am!" Lay says, punching Kris' arm. Kris eyes widened, his mouth half open. Lay immediately burst out in laughter, "Hey, It was a joke stop sulking. I am just excited to meet new people and it's a new experience so yeaah." Lay says, staring at the window again. Kris smiled a little as he sighs. "You've always been excited when it comes to meeting new people. Seriously what's good about things like that?" Kris asks him as he lay his head on his seat. Lay's lips formed into a smile, "Nothing. It just brings me so much joy being able to meet people. It's not your style I know,  so you won't care. Remember when we first met? You were so cold to me, colder than ice. I tried really hard you know?" Lay chuckles at the thought of it. A faint blush appeared on Kris' cheek at the thought of him ignoring Lay every time, when they were kids. It took Lay months to get to Kris' good side. "It wasn't my fault, you look really annoying that time and you kept following me like a lost puppy." Kris says looking away. Lay smiled as he  nods " That's true, I just don't like seeing people alone. That's why, it's not that I pity them but it's just  because I want to be closer to them." Lay says as he holds his hands together. Kris let out a small chuckle  at the other boy's undying kindness towards people. "Why are you so nice? Seriously. Who are you?" Kris says nudging Lay's arm. Lay glanced at him and smiled " But seriously, don't be nice to other people, just be nice to me. Only me." Kris says, his voice was so low that Lay wasn't able to hear it. Kris just sighed at his action and at what he was feeling, he just can't push himself to say it...

 


After an hour and several minutes, the three of them arrived at Lay's new home which is a dorm near his new school. He was given a key and some things for new boarders. Kris needed to take a wee so he excused himself for a couple of minutes and offered them to go ahead. Lay and his mom rode the elevator, carrying his suitcases inside. It was only the two of them inside so it was spacious. " Yixing- ah" His mom says as she pats his son's head. Lay looked at her right away, a smile forming on his face. "Ye, Umma?" He says. "I know the reason behind your decision." she says, smiling at him. Lay just stood there, a little frozen by his mom's sudden talk. "It's okay. We totally understand you so it's fine. It hurts a little for us, knowing that we didn't raise you enough that you've grown curious about your real parents." Her mother says looking ahead. Lay's face formed into a puzzled look. "Aniyo, umma. I know it was selfish, mianheyo. But it wasn't your fault or dad's. It was my own selfish will but It's not really all.. I wanted to embrace my previous home, where I was born." Lay says, feeling really sorry about his mom and dad. His mom just smiled at him and patted his back, jokingly. "Ye. Ye. Arasso." She says, as the elevator door opens. The two of them unboard the elevator and headed straight to his new room. Lay will be living with someone from now on so he's actually excited to meet his roommate.

 

When they  reached the front of the door, He immediately pressed the doorbell and waited for someone to open the door. "Who is it?"  The person inside says. Lay's eyes widened as he look at the knob turning. " uhh. Annyeonghaseyo" he says as a small boy opens the door for him. "Oh. The new kid?" The boy with brown fluffy locks says. Lay nodded at him, as the boy smiled at him warmly. "Uh. Pls come in. Annyeonhaseyo eommoni." The boy says, as he bows at Lay's mother. Lay enters the room along with his mom. 

 

The room was really big and cozy, there are two beds, a flat screen tv, small kitchen at the side and  a round table with a large couch in the middle. There are also two study tables beside each bed. Lay smiles as he scans the whole room totally forgetting to introduce himself. "Aigoo~ what a cute boy you are." His mom says as she taps the boys' arm. The boy smiled at her widely, his eyes glistening a little. Lay came to his senses and starts introducing himself. "Ahh. Annyeonghaseyo. I'll be your new roommate. My name is Zhang Yixing, you can call me Lay if you want. Pls take care of me from now on" He says smiling at the boy in front of him. The boy smiled back at him, "Oh? Chinese?" The boy asks, his eyes widened as he looks and points at Lay. "Oh. Ye." Lay says, his face a little confused. The boy immediately stood close to him and held his hands. "Wahh. Me too. Nice to meet you. I'm Lu Han." Luhan says, as he giggles. Lay smiled at him again thinking how cute Luhan's personality is. "That's really great. I hope you take care of my son Luhan." Lay's mother says, grabbing Luhan's hands. "Ye. Eommoni. You can count on me." Luhan says, smiling wider than usual. Lay just smiled at the two of them getting along when suddenly a knock on the door was heard. "Ah. It's Kris." Lay says as he walk towards the door and open it. Kris entered the room and looked around, "Woah. It's big and nice for a dorm and it fits for two people so it's good." Kris says. Lay smiled and nodded at him, agreeing at his words. Kris sat down on Lay's bed and stared at Lay's roommate, observing him from head to toe. Luhan noticed him, and gave him a smile. Kris just looked away, ignoring the boys smile. Luhan looked at him a little puzzled for being rude at him but shook it off his mind. Lay noticed that Kris was ignoring Luhan and took the chance to introduce them to each other. "Kris, this is Luhan my roommate. Luhan, this is Kris my best friend."  He says  glancing at each person after saying their names. Luhan walked towards Kris and extended his hand to shake, but Kris just looked away not caring about him. Lay sighs at the sight of them, he immediately approached Luhan and apologized for Kris' behavior. Luhan smiled at him and says that it was no problem. Lay then glared at Kris for being rude, Kris just shrugged at him and smiled..


Kris, Lay and his mom are now walking towards the elevator, sending them off. Kris is walking ahead of them so was walking beside his mom, "Umma, go home safely okay? Tell dad that I'll be okay and to not worry to much. Oh. Kris too. He's really sad because I moved here right away. Pls comfort him and dad." Lay says, chuckling a little at his words. His mom looked at him with worry-filled eyes. "Ye. I will but you should take care of yourself okay? Never skip meals and always call us. Tell me all your needs and I'll give it to you right away okay? Take care of your Roommate too. Don't fight with him." His mom says, holding her son's arm as she tremble a little. Lay frowned a little as he see his mom's reaction. "Umma. What did I do in my past life to deserve you and dad? Thank you so much for worrying about me like I'm your real child. I always say this but I just can't get over the thought of it. Thank you."  Lay says as she hugs his mom, laying his head on his mom's head. Her mom patted his son's back. "Ani. You are my real son. Don't say that. You deserve all of this because you have a big heart. It's us that doesn't deserve you." She says, trying to hold back her tears. "Yah. Umma. It's not that okay? We deserve each other." Lay says, setting the mood up. His mom laughed a little, as he beckons Lay to talk to Kris and bid his goodbye.

 

 Lay walked to Kris' side and nudged his arm. "I don't like your roommate." Kris starts, looking ahead. Lay smiled at Kris' words and pushed him. "What are you saying? You hate all the people near me except for my Mom and Dad." Lay says chuckling at Kris. "It's not my fault. They all look so annoying that's why." Kris says as he raise an eyebrow. " i know i know. Everyone's annoying for you. There's no helping it." Lay says, patting Kris' head. Kris smiled a little at the affection Lay is showing. "But seriously, take care of yourself here because I'm not here to protect you and watch over you so you should eat at the right time. Never be off-guard okay?" Kris says, ruffling Lay's hair. Lay looked at him with a straight face, "Are you my mom? Seriously Mom just told me that." Lay says chuckling at him. Kris blushed a Little, a bit embarrassed at his action. 

 

The three of them reached the elevator, and as soon as Lay pressed the elevator button it immediately opened. His mom and Kris enters, his mom stopped him from boarding the elevator before he could move. "It's okay. Kris is with me so It's alright. Just go rest okay? Take care." She says with a smile. Kris can't stop staring at Lay, his face frowning a little. "I'll be fine. You shouldn't worry about me. Take Care okay? I love you both." He says as the elevator door shuts. Kris smiled at him for the last time and wave, he immediately wave back before it completely shuts. After sending them away, Lay lets out a heavy breath before he walks back to his room. 

When he entered the room, he saw Luhan in his bed with his earphones on. Lay smiled at him and headed to his luggage to set all of them up. Luhan took his earphones off and looked at Lay. "Do you want me to help you?" He offers. Lay glanced at him, " it's okay. it's okay. I don't want to trouble you." He says, declining the offer nicely. Luhan just smiles at him, his eyes still glued on him. "Uhm. Hey" Lay says. "Ye?" Luhan replies. "How long have you been here?" Lay asks politely. "Uh. I was sent here a year ago by my parents since wanted me to stay here for now because of my dad." Luhan answers. Lay nodded a little as he thinks. "So, your Dad is a Korean?" He asks again. Luhan smiles, knowing that Lay got him. "Ye. Exactly. Wait. How about you? Your Chinese but you're good with Korean and so as your Mom." Luhan says, looks a little puzzled. "Ahh. Ye. She's Korean and I think I am too since I was originally from here. I am actually adopted by them bug since my foster Dad is a Chinese they decided to live there after adopting me." Lay explains to Luhan. "Oh. I see, that's cool I guess but why did you transfer here?" Luhan asks him. "I don't really know either but I requested to live here for my senior high so yeah Here I am." Lay chuckles at his words. Luhan gave him a smile as he stand up, heading to the kitchen. "Oh wait. Are you gonna start Senior High? so. A freshman?" Luhan says getting a drink from the fridge. "Ye. I am going to the school near here. S-SM Academy? I think that's the name of the school." Lay says, forgetting the name of the school. Luhan's eyes widened as he drinks from his bottle. He immediately wiped his lips and squatted in front of Lay. "Really? I'm going to that school too! Wow. I hope we're classmates." Luhan says, excited about the thought of being classmates with Lay. Lay instantly smiled at the thought of it too, "that's so cool it's like we're fated to be roommates. Wait how old are you?" Lay asks, a little curious if he should use honorifics or not sine Luhan looks so young. "Ahh. I was born in 1990" Luhan says, smiling at Lay. Lay's eyes widened, "woah. Really? You look so much younger but yeah we're in the same year so it's expected but still." He says chuckling at his words. Luhan bursts out in Laughter, "Really? That's so nice of you, I'm a little flattered. Thank you." Luhan says, trying to hold back his laughter. Lay smiled widely at Luhan's cute reaction and nice personality. He was really happy to be roommates with him.

 

The two of them kept chatting for several hours, as they get to know more about each other since they'd be living together now. Luhan ended up helping Lay in unpacking his things so that Lay could finish tonight. Lay was really thankful for having a nice roommate, he was really nervous with things but talking to Luhan helped him to gain a little more confidence for tomorrow. He earned his first friend after coming to Korea, he is doing good himself and he's very pleased about it. They decided to go to bed early so that they can have a lot of strength for tomorrow so with that they bid their goodnights to each other and drifted to dreamland..

--

So how was it? Does it seem interesting. Kris and Luhan have been introduced so the only one left is Sehun, please look forward to his appearance. I actually didn't study just to finish this chapter so pls bear with me if there are some typos or wrong grammars. The ending pair won't be revealed till I started giving hints in the future so please be patient my lovely readers. 

Thank you for reading this and to let all of you know, I am a new fan of EXO so I hope we can all be friends, I am a massive fan of Super Junior and One Direction and I suddenly took interest in them but I've been a fan of Baekhyun ever since they debuted. No hate please. Message me or anything~ pls take care of me.

PLS LEAVE COMMENTS AND IF YOU LIKED THE STORY PLS DON'T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE OR GIVE IT AN UPVOTE. COMMENTS ARE LOVED ~