Baby, baby

Unexpected

This happened before they adopted Chanhyun.

 


Baekhyun was happy.

He had all he needed - an apartment, a job and a husband. (He still couldn't believe the last one.) He was still young and he should be content with his life and all that he accomplished. He should, he really should, but there was something bothering him - like something was missing but he didn't know what.

Only a week later did he get an answer to his problem, when he was at the grocery store trying to pick out which sauce would go best with the chicken he wanted Chanyeol to make.
At first everything was normal, his only struggle being that he couldn't decide between curry sauce and mushroom sauce. Then, he slowly started hearing voices down the aisle and when he looked over he saw a small kid. A kid with a man, and they were... arguing?
He tried listening and walked over, trying not to be suspicious and ignoring his brain trying to say that this was wrong, he shouldnt listen to a private conversation.

"No, I'm not buying you these cookies", was the first thing he heard. A whiny "Why not ?!" followed and the man sighed.
"Because these are peanut-butter cookies and you're allergic to peanuts", he explained patiently and Baekhyun could see the desperation to make his son, he assumed, understand.
Baekhyun waited for the kid's answer, having already given up on choosing a sauce and putting both in his cart. He thought the boy wouldn't say anything anymore but he saw the boy lift his head and say,

"So? Make it go away, then."

The man was baffled and Baekhyun was trying hard not laugh, because the boy was so adorable but he couldn't help but snort quietly and in fear of being heard he quickly went to pay for his purchases.

He left the store with a warmth spreading in his chest  that he couldn't explain.


On his way home it hit him. He wanted that. A family, a little boy (or girl) to call his own. And he wanted it with Chanyeol.

When he arrived at home he quickly packed away the groceries and sat on the couch, his laptop in his lap.
'How to tell your husband you want to adopt' was staring back at him and he quickly read through the responses of people having the same problem orhaving had experienced it before.
He didn't know if he was moving too fast since he just thought of adoption an hour ago but he was sure. He probably always has wanted this without realizing it.
So he spent the next hour looking through blogs and forums alike, without much success.
In the end he gave up and told himself he would think of something until tomorrow, or next week. He knew he had to at least drop some hints if he wanted to get somewhere.
Just as he closed the laptop he heard the door open and close and he saw Chanyeol walking into the living room.
"Hey, babe", was the greeting he got, a peck on his cheek along with it.
"Hey yourself", was his cheeky response and he tried to kiss him back but Chanyeol just flopped down onto the couch.

The evening was spent with cooking (Chanyeol) and chatting (Baekhyun). When it was time for bed Chanyeol saw the laptop on the floor next to the couch and he picked it up to bring it back into Baekhyuns workroom.
As he picked it up, though, the screen came back to life (Baekhyun hadn't closed it fully) and Chanyeol was left staring at a blog....about adoption?
Now, Chanyeol was confused. Why would his Baekhyunnie be reading this? He scrolled through it and picked up on words like 'Don't attack your husband with your wish to adopt...' and 'Ways to drop hints that you...'

"Chanyeol? Aren't you coming to bed?", Baekhyun came out of the bedroom in his pajamas, looking all cute and soft but Chanyeol couldn't focus on that when he still had the damn laptop in his hands. And he started to panic when Baekhyun said, "Wait, what are you looking a- Oh my god!"
Baekhyun ran up to him and snatched the laptop off his hands, closing it shut in the process. He was blushing, obviously embarrassed.
After a while of silence between them, Baekhyun looking like he wanted to run away, Chanyeol spoke up, "So....what's this all about, sweetheart?" The nickname he rarely used made Baekhyun squirm and look up at him. He knew that would make talk.

"I...", Baekhyun started but no words were coming out, because this was too soon and dammit he wasn't prepared for this talk!
Baekhyun came back to reality when Chanyeol started to open his mouth, ready to say something.
"If you wanted to adopt a baby you could have just told me, no need to visit blogs from middle-aged woman telling you how to 'drop hints' , which by the way wouldn't have worked on me. You know how oblivious I can be."

This made Baekhyun smile. Yeah, that was his Chanyeollie, sweet and charming, yet sometimes oblivious.
He put the laptop down and when Chanyeol opened his arms he drove in for a hug.
"I was really worried y,know...", he sleepily mumbled into Chanyeol's chest.
Chanyeol just chuckled and lead him into their bedroom. They could talk about this when morning came.


hey!!!! i actually updated??? wow

uhm, im not really happy with this bc i actually had zero inspiration and just wrote it bc i promised it and had time to do it (i actully need to study)

i still hope you guys enjoyed this ( i didnt want to end it here but i couldnt bring myself to write more either,,,,maybe i'll change the ending )

tell me what you liked and what you'd like to be different!