1/2

Unexpected

EDITED: 25//11//2017

 

 


 

It was a normal morning in Seoul, the sun was shining bright above the busy people rushing to work and if you listened closely you could even hear some birds chirping.

All in all it was a normal summer day, though not for a certain tall giant, named Park Chanyeol. Chanyeol was awake at 7 am which was unusual, since he definitely wasn't a morning person, but today was a special day, so you couldn't really blame him.

Because today, the dorky but charming Chanyeol, was going to propose to his one and only love, Byun Baekhyun. He looked to his left and saw him there, sleeping peacefully, cuddled against his chest. Baekhyun was truly beautiful in Chanyeol's eyes. He slowly detached himself from Baekhyun and leaned over to the nightstand. Opening the last drawer, he took out a red box.

Chanyeol dived back into the sheets and started to shake his lover awake. "Baek, baby, wake up." He kissed his boyfriend's pouty lips and Baekhyun's cheek with his thumb. After minutes of trying to wake up the sleeping beauty , Baekhyun finally opened his eyes and groggily mumbled a "good morning".

Chanyeol smiled at the cute display, he really couldn't get enough of his boyfriend. Baekhyun took a look at the clock and groaned. "Why did you wake me up this early?" he whined , which made him even cuter. Chanyeol chuckled lowly, "Because I have a surprise for you, babe." Baekhyun's eyes instantly lit up like a christmas tree. "Really? What is it?", he asked excitedly, already half lying on Chanyeol's chest. Chanyeol hugged his small boyfriend closer to himself before answering, "If I tell you it won't be a surprise right?" Baekhyun pouted , which made Chanyeol laugh loudly. This in return earned him a smack on his chest.

"Okay, okay. Close your eyes, Baek." Chanyeol looked down at Baekhyun, who happily closed his eyes, knowing he would get his surprise. Chanyeol took the ring out of the box and ordered him to stretch his arm out, so his palm would face the ceiling.

When Baekhyun did so, albeit confused as to why, Chanyeol slid the ring onto Baekhyun's ringfinger. Baekhyun's eyes snapped open, when he felt the cool feeling of metal and he stared at the silver ring with small diamonds on the outside. It looked simply breathtaking, but he didn't have much time to admire the ring, when he was snapped out of his daydreaming by the deep voice of his lover. "I-I know we're still in college and all but-", he cleared his throat, "but I wanted to ask you," Chanyeol looked deep into Baekhyun's eyes, "Will you marry me?"

Baekhyun was speechless. Well, he certainly didn't expect to get proposed to. He saw how Chanyeol was anxious and sweaty, he looked really nervous. It took him a long time to find his voice again and Chanyeol was on the verge to take it back, because it seemed like Baekhyun was going to say no, but before he could, Baekhyun literally strangled him and shouted, "Yes! Yes, of course I will marry you, silly!" Baekhyun couldn't be happier and he had already tears in his eyes.

Chanyeol could explode from all the happiness he was feeling right now. He gathered his lover in his arms and kissed him passionatly. Baekhyun was quick to return the kiss and it got deeper. It was not long after, that Baekhyun softly moaned into the kiss and it's save to say that they didn't get out of bed until late afternoon.

 

 

 

 

On the next monday they had to go to college again. Baekhyun hated mondays, because he hardly had any classes with Chanyeol on these days. Though he comforted himself with the thought of seeing his friends.

When lunch break came , he went it the cafeteria where his friends were already sitting and chatting loudly amongst themselves. "Hey guys!", he greeted them once he sat down with his own lunch. He started to unwrap his sandwich , when he saw how everyone was looking at him. "Is something wrong with my face?" he asked with an awkward laugh.

Luhan was the first one to say something, "Why is there a ring on your finger?" Oh. Baekhyun just now realized that he had his engagement ring on. "Oh!", he looked at his hand, "Chanyeollie proposed!" he giggled. Everyone just looked at him with their jaws on the floor. "What?!" Kyungsoo screeched.

Before anyone else could say something though, Chanyeol came in and sat next to Baekhyun. When he sensed that they were looking at him he looked up from his food. "What?", he asked stupidly, looking at Baekhyun for help. Baekhyun only showed him his finger and a look of realization came across Chanyeol's face. "Oh.", he looked around the table and the expectant faces of their friends, "Uhm.. yeah I proposed...?"

Their friends were still speechless and just stared at the couple. Jongdae was the first one to speak up, "Are you guys like, for real? Isn't this too soon?"

Baekhyun and Chanyeol looked at each other, "I don't think so, it's not like we're gonna marry tomorrow. It's just like a promise, right?" Baekhyun asked Chanyeol and he nodded quickly. "Yeah, I mean I know I love him and I'm gonna marry him some day, so why wait?"

Baekhyun blushed and gave him a peck on the cheek, before going back to his lunch. The boys started congratulating them and Jongdae and Sehun even started joking around that their little babies were growing up, fake sobs and all.

Their lunch break was spent with jokes and laughs, Baekhyun looked around, at Chanyeol and at their matching rings.

Life really couldn't be sweeter.

 

Except it could.

Baekhyun knew his family wasn't as supportive of their relationship as they let on, so when he told them about the proposal they obviously weren't pleased, still believing, wishing, they would sooner or later break up. But Baekhyun wasn't really bothered. This has been going on for too long and he stopped feeling hurt a while ago, only having told them because he felt like he had to.

So when they told Chanyeol's parents and they went all out, preparing a gathering with all the Park family to tell them about the news, he was truly touched.

It was always loud at Chanyeol's parent's house, so he went into the kitchen to breathe a little and get a glass of water.

While filling his cup he thought about his current situation and this time he was sure.

Life really couldn't get sweeter. Not even when he heard a loud crash in the living room and yells of 'the table- oh my god the- watch out for the goddamn table!'

This was his life now, this was where he belonged. With a smile he went into the living room to face the lovely chaos that he was apart of now.

 


i edited the ending bc it was !

i still dont like it