Chapter 2

The Intimacy Seeker
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Hey bastard, play the drums with more power, more energy!”

A boy acted like a prince, scolding every person he thinks isn’t worthy to be in the class band. He was scolding a boy playing the rhythmic guitar earlier before he moved to the tall boy at the drums. He was trying to get a girl’s attention by performing as the lead singer of the class band for the showcase that will be held at the end of the term. It’s an annual showcase held by the Art School to garner sponsors and giving a chance for their students to get scholarship or even get scouted by an entertainment agency.

“Do you really have to be this rude to everyone?” The tall drummer yawned to his boredom. He’s actually really fed up by the other boy’s bossy attitude, but he really have to perform because he might get scouted by an agency or a university to get a scholarship. He rubbed on his Yoda-like ears then hit the drums at will.

“He’s like that just to impress one girl.” A baby-faced short boy tapped on his shoulder. The tall boy looked over his shoulder to his friend. It’s their keyboardist Byun Baekhyun standing next to him. “Just ignore him, man. Don’t cause any scene. You’ll blow up your chance to perform at the showcase.”

Chanyeol chuckled, a smile grew on his dorky face. “Ah, that’ll be easier to do if only the girl you meant isn’t the same girl I’m crushing on. I can’t lose to a git like that, can I?” He sang. His smile got wider when he saw a girl with her hair tied up high at the tip of her head. Her brown ponytail wagged behind her as she walked towards the music room to peep inside. “Speaking of the devil.”

The girl looked like a hybrid of a fox and a kitten with long limbs attached to her desirable body. Her ponytail whipped the thin air when she moved her head around to look for someone or something. Her twiggy fingers clasped on the door as she cursed under her breath for having to look at the class of the most annoying person that thinks of himself as a special peacock among a flock of doves.

“Hey Nana, you come to see me?” The bossy boy said, sporting his manliest look like Gaston in The Beauty and the Beast. “You know, I know you secretly liked it when I confessed to you yesterday. Now you come to be my girlfriend, aren’t you?” He ran his fingers through his hair, hoping that the girl would bat an eye. She did, but instead of her adoring stare, he got a glare as an exchange.

The girl was Im Jinah or better known as Nana by her schoolmates. She just debuted that year as a cameo on a cable TV drama and every boys just wrapped around her fingers ever since. But her role at the drama and her real self were way different. Nana was very picky and had treated those boys overly trying to get to her coldly. She disliked every single one of them that had confessed to her suddenly or those who acted utterly conceited that she would gladly accept their feelings. She knew that she’d end up no more than a trophy for boys like that.

“You wish.” She sassed. Her long neck stretched into the room, looking for someone. She ignored the existence of the annoying boy and shouted to the

Please log in to read the full chapter