Chapter 1

The Intimacy Seeker
Please log in to read the full chapter

The Cheongdam Bridge was empty that evening when a black Jaguar tears through the black asphalt. A woman in her 25 was driving home from her radio broadcast. She couldn’t wait to get home and rest after a tiring day of photoshoot and several broadcasts. Her hand reached for the volume button to turn up the volume of the song currently playing in her car. A quite relaxing activity after a set of hectic schedule. Her puffy lips moved to the lyrics of the song. Another piece of genius from an old friend of hers, she thought.

She’s in the middle of the bridge when a beam of blinding light reflecting on her rear-view mirror and straight into her eyeballs. That’s weird. The car could’ve passed her because the road was empty. She thought that maybe the car’s in a hurry so she steered her car to the side, making a way for the said car to go through. But the car behind her followed and steered itself behind her. She spun the steering wheel to the other side and the car still followed her. She’s alone at the time; with no manager present to save her. In panic, she drove wildly to fool the car but the only one she’s fooling was herself.

The car suddenly sped up and squeezed the black Jaguar to the railing. The woman tried her best to escape but the black van next to her pressed her car as if she’s a bag of a cold-pressed juice. She didn’t think for long, swiping the what-ifs aside from her head. She made a choice to sink the pedal to accelerate the car to get away. When the pin on her dashboard pointed at 120, the black van suddenly let her car go, making her car looked like a Hot Wheels on a track.

In shock, she quickly stomped the brake and drifted to the side to stop the car. When she thought that she’s safe, that’s when the big black van decided to crash her from behind with full speed. The black Jaguar flipped three times before it lay lifelessly at the end of the bridge where it’s more crowded. Glasses from her shattered tempered glass poured and scattered along the cold black asphalt, making a trail like dandruffs on your hair.

“Breaking news, a car accident occurred around 2 AM KST…”

“According to the witnesses there was a black van purposely attacking the car…”

“The police are in search for the said car through the CCTV footage…”

“The victim is now being evacuated to the Gangnam Orthopaedic Hospital…”

“Actress Im Jinah or better known as Nana is the victim of the accident…”

“Oh, no way, no way, no way!” A baby-faced boy with bubbly eyes and a banana milk in his hand jumped from his seat the time he heard the news from the television in front of a convenience store he just had his late night ramen at. He immediately ran to a building he was before he decided to fill himself with ramen. He pressed the elevator up button several times as if it’ll do something to speed it up.  “Chanyeol!” He screamed along the empty corridor on his destination floor. “Park Chanyeol!”

The boy drifted into a studio where a boy with a baseball cap covering his wine-red hair sitting in front of two monitors, surrounded by

Please log in to read the full chapter