Abrupt Confession

SoonChan one-shots

Soonyoung stared in the mirror, looking at his reflected self panting and sweating from the dance practice.

“1 and 2 and 3 and 4.”, a voice murmured beside him.

Soonyoung moved his gaze to the source of the voice and smiled. His favourite maknae, Lee Chan, was rehearsing all his dance moves with his eyes trained on the practice room mirror. He kept his eyes on Chan, watching him practice all his dance moves again and again with a hint of smile traced on his lips.

“...ung…Hyung?”

Soonyoung snapped out of his trace and answered sheepishly, “yes?”

Chan tilted his head,” Is there something wrong? you keep… WOAH!”

Soonyoung chuckled while extending his hand to the fallen maknae, “You idiot, at least stop dancing when you are talking.”

Chan pouted at his words and grab onto Soonyoung’s hand, pulling himself up. So cute, Soonyoung thought as he looked at Chan’s pouting face, not missing the tingling sensation he felt when Chan grabbed onto his hand.

“Anyway, hyung. Wanna go back to the dorm? It’s late.” Chan asked while cutting off the music. Soonyoung hummed in agreement and they packed their stuff in silence.

“Ah, it’s cold” Chan breathed out when they stepped out of the practice building.

“Where’s your glove?”, Soonyoung asked.

Chan shrugged, “I forgot to bring it.”

“again?”, Soonyoung asked in disbelief.

Chan frowned and walked away, stuffing his hands in his jacket pocket. Cute, Soonyoung thought for the second time again as he ran up to the sulking maknae, teasing him. Feeling a sudden burst of courage, Soonyoung grabbed Chan’s hands and intertwined their hands together, stuffing them into his padding jacket.

“Now you will feel warmer.”, Soonyoung smiled.

Chan gaped at Soonyoung for a moment before averting his eyes away, a hint of blush appearing at his cheeks. That did not get away from Soonyoung’s 10:10 sharp eyes and he smiled widely, his heart thumping wildly in happiness. They walked in a comfortable silence to the dorm. Reaching the door step to their dorm, Chan turned to Soonyoung and said his goodnight. He was about to punch in the passcode to their dorm when Soonyoung suddenly whirled him around and stared at Chan right in the eyes.

“Hy…hyung?” Chan stammered, a blush working it’s way to his cheeks.

“Chan,” Soonyoung started, staring at Chan’s beautiful eyes. “I like you. I really do.”

Chan stared at Soonyoung blankly, causing Soonyoung to panic.

Oh My god, why did I confess for? What was I thinking? Chan couldn’t like me back. He loves Michael Jackson too much to even like anyone else, these thoughts passed by Soonyoung’s mind in a flash as he felt his heart shattering.

He was surprised when a shy smile traced Chan’s lips and he spoke softly, “Me too. Took you long enough to confess, hyung.”

It took a second before it registered in Soonyoung’s mind, “wait, you like me too?”

Chan laughed, his laughter sounding musical in Soonyoung’s ears.

“Yes hyung. I like you.” Chan confirmed.

A wide smile took over Sooonyoung’s face as he screamed, “yes!”, Hugging Chan and spinning him around.

“Hyung! Stop!’ Chan laughed, “you are gonna wake up every one!” Soonyoung slowed to a stop and stared at Chan lovingly.

He leaned in to the boy in his arms and finally pressed his lips onto his soft ones. Soonyoung felt himself melting into the kiss, his heart bursting with happiness and warmth. He grinned when Chan responded almost immediately, his arms around Soonyoung’s neck tightening as he kissed Soonyoung back. Once they broke apart, Soonyoung leaned in and pressed his forehead onto Chan’s.

“I love you.” He whispered, grinning widely.

“I love you too.”

“HEY!” a loud voice interrupted them. They turned to see a grumpy Jihoon hugging a teddy bear as big as him with Seungcheol standing behind him with a daddy smile.

“Stop your love act and get to sleep, you idiots. Don’t go waking up everyone so early in the morning.” Jihoon grumbled, snuggling the teddy bear closer to him.

Seungcheol chuckled and ruffled Jihoon's hair, "Don't be mean to the kids, Jihoonie. Come, let's get back to bed."

With that said, Seungcheol wrapped his arm around Jihoon shoulder and guide him back into the dorm.

Soonyoung and Chan turned to each other and giggled, walking in with the other 2.

“Goodnight, my cute boyfriend.” Soonyoung said and pecked Chan’s lips. He smiled at Chan’s flustered face and walked into his room.

It’s such a great day today, Soonyoung thought giddily as he remembered the kiss they just shared as he drifted off to dreamland.