Jin - Flowers (Part 1)

BTS Imagines~ [Gender Neutral]

Flowers are one of natures beautiful creations. They are one of the things in this world that are loved by many, you included.

Your current job is in your Grandma's flower shop. Nowadays she gets tired extremely easily, therefore she finds it hard to work in the shop full time. You work here every day after school and half days on Saturday.

People in your school started to refer to you as 'Flower', this is because you normally smell of them due to spending so much time in the shop. You're not complaining though, you love flowers after all.

Normally, the little flower shop is extremely quiet. You'll get a few people coming in throughout the hours that you work but there is never many. It's quite funny when you see some members of the public rushing around the shop because they forgot an important event such as an anniversary. This is even more entertaining on Valentine's day, which is one of the busiest days of the year.

There is only one person who comes in here on a regular basis. He comes every Saturday between 12 and 1pm without fail. He's always on his own and normally listening to music. You've never really talked to him, well you haven't held a conversation at least. Just lately all you've had to say to him is thank you, by now he knows how much he has to pay so there is no need to tell him.

Today just so happens to be Saturday. It's only 11:30am and you've been sitting in the shop since about 9am, with no customers as of yet. Sitting around can get extremely boring, just staring at flowers can get boring after a while. You would be on your phone, but thanks to Taehyung, you got it confiscated in school and then forgot to go and get it back for some reason. You blame Jimin and his power to distract you with how jamless he is.

You sigh as you stare up at the clock that's on the wall opposite, just wishing for time to go faster. At least you knew that the boy that always comes in here will come soon. Maybe you should talk to him for once? It wouldn't hurt.

You sigh softly, tapping your foot against the concrete floor as you hum a little tune to yourself. You don't know where you have heard it from, but it's stuck in your head and it's really quite a pretty tune. In the end you decide to gather some flowers for the nameless boy, trying to think of what to call him until you know his name.

You pick out some white lilies and a couple of red roses; this seems to be what he usually buys. This gives you the idea to refer to him as 'red lily'. You wrap a piece of red ribbon around the group of stems before placing them into a vase that's behind the counter.

It's now 12:01, meaning that Red Lily would be here any time from now. You had spent quite a long time picking out the best flowers for the customer.

Truthfully, you didn't know why you were doing this for him. You don't know him and haven't spoken to him, but there must be some sort of reason for why he is always in here. Plus this gives you some sort of excuse to start up a conversation with him.

12:46Pm rolls around and the little bell that's located on the top of the shop door rings, signifying that someone has entered the shop.

You sit up from the slouching position that you were previously in and look over to see that, sure enough, it was Red Lily. He notices you look over to him and nods in acknowledgement of your presence before making his way over to the flowers.

"Eh, excuse me, Sir." You stand up, so that it is easy to talk to him and well it's just more polite to.

"Yes?" He turns to look at you over his shoulder, his eyes seem to be full of sadness and his lips are presses into a emotionless straight line.

"Well, I've already prepared some flowers for you to take. You're in here quite a lot and usually buy the same flowers. I thought I'd help you out." You take the flowers out of the vase and quite nervously hold them out to him. It's silent for a moment as he walks over to the counter, taking out his wallet as he does so.

"They're free." That decision was made completely on the spot, and you don't really know why he said it. But he's in here so often, he's one of your most loyal customers you owe it to him to give a bouquet to him for free for once.

"Really?" He tilts his head to one side as he asks that question, the tiniest smile pulling at his lips.

"Yes really. You're in here so often, so this is like a thank you for being our regular customer." He nods, slipping his wallet into his back pocket where is was previously located.

"Thank you so much." He gives you a soft bow before taking the flowers from you, he turns to leave but you speak before you have time to think.

"Why are you in here so often?" You quickly regret asking the question as more sadness seems to flood the other's eyes. He turns back to face you again, looking as if he is searching for the right words to say.

"Sorry, we barely know each other I shouldn't have asked." You shake your head, smiling softly to him as if to say 'Don't worry about it'. But he simply shakes his head, placing the flowers down on the counter as he does so.

"It's fine. As you said, I'm in here quite a lot. I'm not surprised that you've asked about it. Truthfully I've been waiting for you to ask-" He pauses for just a second as he reads your name off of the little pin that you wear on your shirt "-Y/N."

You go to protest again, but it is as if he read your mind as he holds up one of his hands and gestures for you to stay quiet. He takes quite a deep breath before he starts to explain.

"The flowers are for my younger brother. A couple of years ago my family and I were involved in a really bad car accident. A truck slammed into the side of our car sending us off the road and into a tree, the car had even managed to flip upside down during the process. My father broke both of his legs, my mother became paralysed from the waist down, I broke my right arm, cracked three of my ribs and split my head open and my brother was put into a coma."

He pauses for a moment, taking in a shaky breath. He's fighting off his tears and you know he is.

"H-has your brother woken up yet?" He shakes his head softly in response and you can feel tears pricking at the corner of your eyes.

"He's never going to wake up. He died six months ago, but now he's gone to a better place and that's the main thing. I bring these flowers to his grave every Saturday and tell him about what has happened throughout the week." A few cheers spill down your cheeks as he finishes explaining, you quickly wipe them away, feeling a bit pathetic for crying at a strangers story.

"I-I'm so sorry." You manage to say between chocked back sobs, forcing yourself to smile just softly.

He nods saying "Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's just how life works." He smiles, a genuine smile towards you, showing how it's okay. How he's okay, this is how he copes.

"I'm sorry for making you cry, Y/N. I didn't want our first proper conversation to end up like this." He chuckles softly, picking the flowers up off the counter for the second time.

"It's not your fault, I'm just over emotional." You shrug softly, managing to compose yourself once again and give him a small smile. "Can I ask you another question?"

"You sure are full of questions, aren't you?"

"Yeah I guess I am."

"Go for it."

"What's your name?"

"Kim Seokjin. But my friends call me Jin for short." You nod, making a mental note of his name.

A short while later, Jin has to leave, leaving you behind in the boring flower shop. He promises to come by later after you have finished your shift, and you really are grateful for that. Now you just wish that time would hurry the hell up.