Friendships and Phone Calls

Conflict Resolution (Where I Found You)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I like seeing you happy,” Jimin says, his voice singsonging above Taehyung’s head.

Currently, they’re watching a cheesy romantic comedy with Taehyung’s head in Jimin’s lap. He’s having trouble recalling the name or the theme of the movie. Jimin’s hand is as distracting as it is comforting. Tiny but strong fingers are caressing his locks and pushing Taehyung into a near-mindless bliss.

“I like when you play with my hair, so I guess we’re even.” Jimin chuckles at his words, and Taehyung feels proud.

“Has something happened? You’ve been like this for the last few days, smiling all the time and walking around with a goofy, daydreamy look on your face.”

It’s been three days since the kiss. Taehyung fights hard to keep himself from spontaneously giggling. Yoongi kissed him. The memory has a small grunt of excitement escaping his lips, and if Jimin notices, which Taehyung’s confident he does, Jimin doesn’t comment.

“Jimin, how do you know when you’re in love?” The question has been on his mind since the kiss and slipped out without thought due to Jimin and his magical hands.

“I knew it!” Jimin exclaims excitedly as he pushes Taehyung up into a seated position.

Taehyung pouts; Jimin’s lap is very comfortable, and he misses the warmth.

“Is it the nice hyung? The one who helped you? Have you two been secretly dating? Kim Taehyung! Are you keeping secrets from me?” Jimin spitfires questions at him.

He’s not sure how to answer, not sure he wants to answer, but it’s Jimin. They don’t hide things from each other.

“No, we’re not dating, secretly or otherwise. At least I don’t think we are.” Taehyung’s not sure if one kiss constitutes dating. “H-he kissed me,” he says shyly, burying his face in Jimin’s shoulder.

“What? Oh my God, Tae! How could you not tell me?” Jimin’s voice is a mixture of happiness and disappointment.

“I-I it just happened three days ago, and it was so, just so…” he pauses to find the words, “unexpected, you know? I’m still trying to process it, I mean, because—even though I know it happened. It seems like a dream, like it wasn’t real.”

Jimin’s hand comes to rest on his shoulder, and he snuggles deeper into his friend’s warmth.

“That’s so lovely, Tae. Tell me about him. When do I get to meet him? I need to give my stamp of approval as your BFF slash unofficial parent.” Jimin chuckles when Taehyung smacks him playfully on the chest.

“You’re not my parent, unofficial or otherwise.”

“I beg to differ, but we’ll argue about that later. Now tell me all about this hyung of yours.”

Taehyung doesn’t know where to start. There’re millions of things about Yoongi that he could elaborate on, as well as trillions of things he knows nothing about, important things like what Yoongi’s favorite color is or if he likes puppies or kitties. You can tell a lot about a person by their pet choices. Taehyung thinks Yoongi acts like a cat person but is secretly a dog person, and the thought makes him smile.

“He’s gruff when you first encounter him, prickly like a porcupine, or like that pie your omma makes that’s crispy and flaky on the outside but soft and chewy on the inside.” Taehyung pauses, slightly distracted by the thought of pie. “You remember Yongguk from third grade?”

Jimin laughs at the name.

“God, I was so terrified of him when he first transferred, as was half of the student body. I was so shocked when he turned out to be the biggest human teddy bear in the world.”

“That’s who hyung reminds me of; he’s different from his first impression. Although, in his defense, I threw up the first time we met, so, you know…” Jimin laughs hard, causing Taehyung’s head to bounce up and down on his shoulder. “It’s not that funny,” Taehyung says with a pout.

“Did you really throw up?” Jimin’s still laughing.

“Mmm, I have outdone myself in the awkward department with this hyung. It’s probably why I’m still so surprised that he kissed me,” Taehyung responds honestly.

“You’re not awkward, Tae. You’re lovely, and you play by your own rules which is very refreshing. People don’t have to guess or wonder how you feel about them because you can’t hide it. I completely understand why your hyung kissed you.”

Taehyung’s bad with praise; he never feels like he deserves it even if it makes him feel warm and tingly inside.

“What about you, Minnie, that hyung from work that you like. Grumpy cat hyung?” Taehyung can’t help but visualize Yoongi as the words leave his mouth.

Jimin sighs, and Taehyung sits up properly to look at his friend.

“Not sure. I texted him a couple of nights ago, but he hasn’t responded. I haven’t seen him at work because our schedules are different this week. I’m a little disappointed but not devastated. He’s just someone I want to get to know better, you know?” Jimin tells him with another small sigh, and Taehyung nods in response.

“Maybe he’s just busy. I’m sure that hyung isn’t purposely not responding. I mean, who could resist you and your adorable mochi self?” The statement makes Jimin laugh, and Taehyung feels less guilty a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter