BONUS CHAPTER [OTP: DASONI (SOLJI & HANI)]

Only One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Solji POV)

Finally, after almost 23 years living as a Korean, i can go back to visit my hometown. My dad had to move to USA for his work matter when i was 3 years old. So my mom, my brother and i also moved there with him. We thought we'll be staying there for few years at most, but it turned out the company where my dad is working at was planning to open a new branch in USA, and give the responsibility for my dad to manage it. So yeah, we stayed there for good. My family and i never went back to Korea ever since simple because my brother and i always refused it whenever our parents talk about going home or simply visiting friends and family who live there. It's not because i hate my own root or what, it's more like because i already feel comfortable to live here in USA. I left Korea when i was 3, while my brother when he was 4. We still didn't have many memories about Korea and the people in there yet at that time. So there's not much to remember nor to 'attract' us to going back. But as i grow older, i realize my passion in music. I went to university and majoring in music. I want to be a singer and song composer. I started to pay attention to different kind of music, kpop included, especially since i can understand Korean, that makes me easily to understand the song as well. My interest about Korean music, Korean movies/dramas and Korean culture starts to increased, slowly but sure, steadily. That's why i'm so happy now with my dad's suggestion to have a short family vacation in Korea, while my brother, Juseung oppa, still kind of disliking the idea of going back to Korea. But let's just ignore him. He won't be sulking for too long. Besides, how old is he? 5? Pft..

Okay, so today is the day!! My family and i will go back to Korea for a short vacation. Since most of our relatives lived in the small cities all over Korea, not in Seoul, so we're planning to just follow a tour from USA. It'll be easier that way. All we have to do is just following them and enjoy the trip. Well, of course after you pay them some amount of cash i mean.

My brother surely will get 'madder' than he is now if we really just go to small villages in Korea to visit our family where there's no big mall, no fancy cafe and restaurant, or anything else that can entertain him. I actually also prefer this way. But thanks to my brother, i don't have to voiced out my thought no more. He already did it for me. *evil grin*

We'll have a midnight flight but we have to gather in the airport with the other people who also follow the tour 3 hours before the departing time. The tour participants will meet first and the tour leader will waiting for us there.

"Oppa, you take care of this luggage." I told him once we get down from car. Our family driver is the one who send us to the airport today and he'll bring the car back to our house later.

"Why me?" My brother casually comb his hair using his fingers before wearing his black sunglasses. Oh Lord, it's dark already since it's almost midnight now. Why he's wearing a black sunglasses? I can understand if he is an actor or an idol or something similar but he's just Heo Juseung, an ordinary person who's happened to owned and managed a small italian restaurant near our house.

"Because you're the man between us two, duh~" I rolled my eyes in annoyance and pushed the big red suitcase to him, while i take the smaller one. Sometimes there are times when i really want to try my hapkido skill on him. Yeah, times like this.

"K, i got it, sis." He glared at me and half-heartedly took the suitcase.

"Ready, kids?" My dad asked after he helped my mom to wear her furry jacket. My dad always be a very attentive husband and also father. That's why i adore him so much.

"Yes, appa." I smiled sweetly at him as he patted my head.

"Yeah, we're all ready." Oppa answered almost at the same time with me.

"Good then. Let's go." My parents walked in front of us with a suitcase in their hand. We bring 4 suitcase in total. I shared one big suitcase with my mom, and another big suitcase belong to my dad's and brother's belongings. One smaller suitcase filled with other things like hats, scarfs, gloves, tooth brushes, tooth paste, perfume and others. And the last smaller suitcase is empty, we're planning to use it to carry the things we will buy later in Korea.

**********

 

(10.00 PM)

We're waiting in front of a cafe that marked as the meeting point for the tour participants and the tour leader.

I saw a young woman with a red flag in her hand, and she wears a red shirt with a big logo of the tour provider company and its name written on the back of the shirt. She must be the tour leader.

"Excuse me, are you Miss Janice? The tour leader from The Crown Tour?" My mom approached her and asked, just to make sure.

"Oh, yeah, that's me. You must be one of the tour participants to Korea, am i right?" She answered while smiling brightly at us.

"Yes, we are from Heo family. I'm Mrs. Heo, this is my husband Mr. Heo, and our children, Juseung and Solji." My mom introduced us one by one to her.

"Oh i see. Nice to meet you all. I'm Janice Choi, but you can just call me Jane, and i'll be your tour guide for this trip." She smiled warmly, so we just can't help but to smiled back at her. So a nice, friendly and good looking, tour guide we have here. I hope the other participants will also a good and kind people, if they also have a good looking appearance, that will be better.

One by one i saw people start to gathering. I secretly observing them. So far i only see american. Maybe my family will be the only korean that following this tour, and plus Miss Jane, since she's also a korean like us.

"Don't tell me we're the last one to come." I hear someone speak in korean so i turned around to search for that person out of curiosity. Then i saw her. A very good looking girl with long straight brownish hair, she has a long bangs that covering her forehead, and stop above her eyebrows. She has a sharp-pointy nose, big eyes and kind of thick lips that looks so alluring, even more with the red lipstick or maybe liptint that she put on her lips. Her lips look kissable...... WHAT DID I JUST SAY? Oh my God oh my God! What's the hell is wrong with me? As if checking her out is not wrong enough, i made a bigger mistake by have a thought to kiss her. Well, i didn't directly say i want to kiss her. I just thought that her lips are alluring and kissable, and i was wondering how does it taste....THE FUUUU*KKKK! get a grip of yourself Heo Solji! You're straight! Remember that.. you're straight! *inhales* *exhales*

"I'm sorry we're a bit late." The middle-aged woman that looked like the older version of her said. She must be that girl's mom.

"It's okay, ma'am. You must be Mrs. Anh?" Janice asked.

"Yes, i am. And this is my family." Mrs. Anh said. I can see the middle-aged man in tidy polo t-shirt beside her. He must be her husband and also that girl's father. Their family name is Anh, it means they are indeed korean. And then behind them, i saw that pretty girl talking to a shorter girl with short blonde hair beside her. Are they siblings? Or friends? Or girlfriends?! Noooo. Wait, why i said no just now?

Now that all of the 20 participants are gathered here, Janice start to explain few important things that we need to know and understand. After that Janice gave back our passport and other legal documents needed, and take care of our luggages to be check in. The participants can leisurely wait in the waiting room provided in the aiport or walk around the airport until the boarding time.

The journey from New York to Seoul is pretty far, it takes around 14 hours to go there. This is exactly one of the reasons why i always opposed the idea to visit Korea again in the past. The journey is just too tiring, too exhausting.

Inside the plane, i spent most of the time to sleep, when i wake up, it must be either because of my neck got stiff because of my uncomfortable sleeping position, or because my stomach is growling, asking to be feed. I also went to the toilet once in awhile. Maybe it's around my 5th or 6th time i went to the toilet to pee when i saw her again. Her seat is 3 rows behind mine. I walked passed her as she wants to return back to her seat after using the toilet. Since the path is kind of narrow, our body brushed against each other when we try to walk passed through each other. She mumbled sorry and give me a small apologetic smile, but me, being the stupid idiot me, i open my mouth slightly just to closed it again. I awkwardly nodded my head as my way to accept her apology and told her that it's not a big deal but i can't hide the pink tint on my cheeks. I hope she didn't see it. *sighed* what was that, Heo Solji? It's not like she's the first pretty girl you ever see. You met bunch of pretty, gorgeous girls, even befriended some of them. You yourself is not so bad. You have many suitors. Even though you keep rejecting them because you always see something lacking in them. And you supposed to feel nervous when a handsome man walked passed you, not when a pretty girl accidentally collided with you. Maybe i just got lack of sleep. That's why i acted weirdly like this. Yeah, right, that's why. I have to sleep some more.

***********

 

(Arrived in Seoul, Korea)

The winter season has ended here in Korea and spring is coming, but the weather is still pretty cold with low temperature, around -1 to 12 celcius degree.

We arrived in Incheon airport and heading toward the immigration counter before we can claim our baggage. After that, we go outside the airport terminal and get inside the tour bus.

"Annyeonghaseyo." The driver warmly greeted us as he bowed his head.

"Annyeonghaseyo, gisa-nim (Sir)." I greeted back with a smile.

"Oh, hangukeoreul neomu jarhaeyo. (Oh, you're korean language is very good.)" He said and i just mumbled my thanks as i walked pass him. I can't keep conversing with him while the others are waiting to get inside the bus behind me. We can talk more some other time.

I want to take the front seat, but i know usually the front seat will be taken by the tour guide. I want to take the second row but both left and right sides are taken by uh, i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter