Dragomir

Girl with The Red Scarf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Upon walking in my estates victorian garden, I saw Simon, our gardener working in the new rose bush for mother. To think that I may have a privileged life but never have I ever had any freedom to do the things I want to do. I was the only child in this uncompromising family, I was expected to be a lady, a future mother and they prepared me for it.

What I have realised throughout my 17 years is that no one can help me but myself, everyone always wanted some sort of price that has to be paid sooner or later. My parents are one of those few. They’ve given me everything 17 years old girl who wanted to be spoiled would want, money, credit card, endless new technology, a library to myself but never have I stepped foot outside my residence. My price was to be confined. 

I’ve asked my father many times when he returned from his multi-million dollar job, why I couldn’t go out. He said that the world is a scary place with evil people, as a little girl i believed, but over the years I've read books about the outside world, how there is the Eiffel Tower in Paris, the Great Pyramid of Giza but what fascinated me the most was the Gyeongbokgung Palace in South Korea. One day I'll go but for now, i can dream.

 

The bell rung late evening, at that exact moment I've always knew that father came home. I sprinted down my marble stairs barely holding onto the oak tree rails wearing my beautiful, white, silk nightgown and ran into my beloved father's arms. Father felt the impact and let out a small grunt. 

 

‘’Good evening darling'', father said in a soft whisper

‘’ Evening daddy’’ I looked up with my arms around his waist

‘’ How’s my sweet buttercup today? Missed me? ‘’

‘’ I always miss you daddy ‘’, I released my arms around father and looked up at my ever so loving daddy. 

‘’ Daddy? ‘’

‘’ Yes dear?’’

‘’ I want to go to South Korea’’ 

My father fell silent. 

‘’ NO. You are not leaving this estate . You do know how dangerous the outside world is and momma wouldn’t want you to endanger yourself—’’ 

‘’ MOMMA IS DEAD! AND SHE WON’T BE COMING BACK SO SHE CAN NOT DECIDE ABOUT MY SAFETY IF SHE IS IN HEAVEN ‘’

He looked at me with a painful expression on his face, I've broken his heart again by talking about Momma’s death. 

‘’ I’m sorry daddy. ‘’, I grabbed onto his hand

‘’ It’s ok buttercup, I understand how you feel but I just don’t want to lose you ‘’, daddy holds onto me and patted my back.

‘’ I’m sorry as well daddy, I understand ‘’. 

 

I returned to my bedchamber, sobbing on my bed. I got up and walked into my studio. 

Momma was a wonderful singer, I think that was one of the reasons why daddy married momma, she was beautiful, elegant and had the voice of a goddess. I’ve always wanted to become like Momm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter