.Chapter 4.

Enemy or... Mate?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sungyeol cautiously leaned a little to peek from behind the wall, he currently was hiding behind. It was hard to assess the situation thus he knelt on the ground and tried sticking his head a little more… after a survey of few minutes Sungyeol came to learn that there were just three werewolves guarding the wooden door that seemed to be leading to the dungeons, which Sungyeol had no idea about earlier, and that came as quite a surprise.

 

Sungyeol waited to see if anymore werewolves would join the guarding duties but none came, then taking a long sniff Sungyeol was sure no other wolves were in the area… talk about ‘heavily guarded’, Sungyeol mentally scoffed, but even he knew a single Hoya was equal to five professionally trained wolves, the very reason he was appointed as the General of werewolves’ army at such a young age.

 

“I wasn’t informed that we were playing hide and seek… our dear, Prince.” Suddenly a loud irritated drawl came from the very person Sungyeol was thinking about, jolting the young wolf from his place.

 

Sungyeol gulped nervously as he came out from his hiding place, since it was useless to try and run away at this point, wondering how the elder knew about his being present there... he had tried to be as sneaky as he could.

 

“I wasn’t hiding,” Sungyeol flat out denied as he came to stand a few feet away from the wooden door he was itching to go through.

 

“Of course,” Hoya scoffed loudly at Sungyeol's obvious lie while rolling his eyes. “And I am a pregnant werewolf with three pups at home.”

 

“Well that explains the bad temper.” Sungyeol muttered.

 

“What did you just say?” A menacing glint danced in the black pitch eyes of the elder, while the other two werewolves standing on either side of the dungeon door tried disguising their chuckles as coughs.

 

“Ahh, nothing! I just said how did you know about me being here?” Sungyeol knew the sensitive werewolf ears would have easily picked up his muttered words and he also knew how Hoya find out about Sungyeol… he was a werewolf… but in his panic state he ended up blabbering nonsense.

 

“I am a werewolf, Sungyeol.” Hoya said, like Sungyeol has lost his mind, as he pointed toward his nose and took a long sniff. “Now it’s my turn to question… what are you doing here?”

 

“I… umm… I was…”

 

“Yeah?” A thick brow roused as to mock the younger wolf.

 

“I was just running a lap around the castle, since I am not allowed to go outside.” Sungyeol shot the first excuse that surfaced his mind.

 

“In your human form?” Hoya asked back in disbelief.

 

“Umm… yea…?” Sungyeol mentally killed himself a couple of times for acting like a baboon with an IQ of 4, he knew he could have said he was taking a stroll or something… curse you stupid brain!

 

“Well then run along, your majesty.” Hoya sarcasm spoke heights of his irritation at encountering Sungyeol in so early in the morning.

 

Sungyeol stood still with his eyes darting toward the wooden door that was mere feet away, as he rattled his brain to come up some way to enter the place, but Lee Howon was getting more agitated with every passing second as he took a step back to clear the way for Sungyeol and gestured for him to keep walking.

 

“Who the hell you think you are to order me around like this?” Sungyeol exploded in anger and felt a warning growl building in his chest. Sungyeol was used to the mocking Hoya threw his way but today he just felt like ripping him apart… just because he was standing in his way to the dungeons.

 

“I am the big bad wolf,” Hoya replied casually and gave a once over to Sungyeol. “But you on the other hand are a grounded pup, who is not allowed to be here.”

 

“Says who?” Sungyeol challenged as rage flared in his chest at the taunting way Hoya dismissed him.

 

“Your father… the Alpha.” Hoya answered with a shrug.

 

At these words Sungyeol knew it was useless to argue thus grumbling a few curses Sungyeol stomped his feet and turned to walk back toward the front of the castle, a huge disappointment settling in the pit of his stomach. Sungyeol couldn’t bring to reason why he eve

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter