Ventisei

Finalmente

Yuju came barging in her sister’s apartment, yelling her loudest hello that could cause the whole floor to go in panic because they could mistake it as a siren. Moonbyul almost stumbled when she heard her younger sister, and almost knocking down their lamp. The elder muttered something under her breath, something like ‘this crappy kid’, but Yuju didn’t bother as she plopped herself down to the comfy couch that smells like lemon air freshener.

“Let’s get going lovebirds! Grandma’s waiting.” Yuju yelled again while fishing out her phone from her purse, Moonbyul had to cover her ears while they could hear Solar’s laughter from the bedroom.

“Hello too, Yuju!” Solar’s loud voice could be heard all the way from the bedroom.

Moonbyul had the urge to roll her eyes, she continued to tuck her top under the front of her pants and then sits herself next to Yuju to slip on her shoes.

“Why do you have to go all the way here? Yongsun and I can go there without your assistance.” Moonbyul said, finally slipping her pair of shoes while scanning it. She smiled knowing it suits her well.

Yuju was tilting her phone, forwarding it then pulling it towards her body. The blonde girl was looking at her, eyes boring to what her sister is doing, and thought that her younger sister is dumb. Yuju then groaned, slapping the phone on her thigh so hard, Moonbyul slightly widens her eyes in shock.

“Oh, what was that?” Yuju then turned to her sister, questioning. The younger didn’t hear her sister, obviously, because she’s that busy and she’s into that game that she’s playing on her phone. Moonbyul’s lips are tight, Yuju was not listening.

“Nothing,” Moonbyul lied, pushing her sister aggressively, “When unnie is talking to you, you better hear it,” She hits her sister continuously, whilst Yuju is struggling to cover her body, “You brat.”

Yuju tried to counter the attacks her sister is giving her but when she had the chance to shove her sister back to the couch, Solar came rushing in front of them. Moonbyul immediately got her fists away from her sister, and Yuju fixed her bangs and so does Moonbyul. Fringe is life for these sisters, it hides their treasured forehead. It’s in the family.

Solar looked at them anxiously, “How do I looked?” She smoothes down her white dress that the hem reaches down just a inch above the knee, the straps of the dress perfectly fits her slender shoulder, her makeup complimenting her overall look and her heels…damn, now that’s the killer combo. It leaves the sisters gawking at the beauty in front of them.

Moonbyul stood up, smiling so wide, “Perfect. Everything looks perfect.”

Yuju unconsciously nodded. She’s awestruck. Yuju already saw how Solar shines in elegant dresses, and she’s not new to the fact that this lady in front of her already cat-walked for a clothing brand, but tonight is really different. Solar’s glowing, in a really, really good way. A head-turner and classy, she got that Audrey Hepburn vibe, and she could pass as a goddess in Greek mythology.

“No,” Solar protested, “It doesn’t look perfect.” She stomps her feet like a child, Moonbyul retracts her arms suddenly that almost embraced her girlfriend. “I should change this dress. I looked like a church lady on the first Sunday. ” She pouts.

What the ? Yuju thought, her eyes then darts at her sister in disbelief, disbelieving at what Solar had just said. Is she serious?

“Yeah, church lady,” Moonbyul repeated and nodded, but she’s not really agreeing to her girlfriend, but could she say that? No.  “I think there are still dresses that fit you well.” Moonbyul agreed, scratching the back of her head. Solar happily smiled then runs back to their bed room.

Moonbyul sits herself down again, and then she gives a punch to Yuju’s chest, making the latter to hold back a loud groan. “Stop staring at her chest.”

“I’m not staring at Yongsun-unnie’s chest!” Yuju hissed.

Her sister looks at her dangerously.

 Yuju sighed, “Fine, I won’t anymore. God, I envy those full brea—“ And another punch landed on her stomach. Poor Yuju.

“Hey, how about this?” Solar went out with a blue dress this time, same style like the white dress but it made her skin glow with the color tone of the blue, and this time her heels aren’t on. She just wants to show her dress.

“Great! That looks good on you.” Moonbyul again, praised. But she almost groaned when Solar’s frown appeared, signifying something that she should say otherwise. Moonbyul wanted to rub her face but it could ruin her eye-makeup, damn it. “Yep, probably another dress could fit you.” She commented, forcing a smile. And Solar nodded and agreed, running back again to their room.

Moonbyul looks at Yuju, but her sister was already looking at her and shaking her head, “You whipped motherer.”

And Moonbyul could just roll her eyes, she tried to smack Yuju’s mouth but the younger was fast enough to cover her precious face using her forearm, “I told you to stop those bad words, Yuju.” Moonbyul leans her back more on the backrest, but she got up immediately when she heard Solar getting out of the room, that’s fast, and now the girl is wearing a black dress.

“That’s perfect for the night, absolutely gorgeous Yongsun.” Moonbyul’s smile stretched on her face, eyes seems gleaming with admiration. She’s not lying. Solar looks y in that dress, probably an A plus in Moonbyul’s eyes. “My type,” Moonbyul mumbled, her lips. Yuju could’ve sworn she snorted because she knew what her sister was thinking.

“But the straps of this dress are too thin.” Solar complained, “And it makes me look like a e, don’t you think? Maybe I’ll just wear the blue one, but that makes me a little bit fat.”

Moonbyul was looking at her, deadpan.

“Well, just pick one then. Do you want to look like a little bit fat or a e?” Moonbyul had planned to let out her voice be calm, but it came out as annoyed as she is. Solar tilts her head, glaring at her girlfriend.

Yuju both looked at the couple simultaneously, she doesn’t know if she would excuse herself or just sit there. But knowing herself, she enjoyed watching these two.

“Byul, that’s a warning. A warning.” Solar held out a finger towards Moonbyul, and strides back to where she came from, slamming the door shut. Moonbyul just heaved a sigh, eyes are staring at nothing.

“Oooh, police officer Solar just gave you a warning. Better watch out.” Yuju teased, shoulder bumping to her sister’s. God, she loves it when she’s witnessing this kind of things. Moonbyul irritatingly pushed her sister away, but her eyes landed again on Solar emerging from the dungeon. She sighed.

“But I actually think the white dress will fit me well, don’t the two of you think?” She questioned, she’s still wearing that I-looked-like-a-e dress.

Moonbyul and Yuju looked at each other, and then to the lady in front of them.

“You mean, the first white dress?” Yuju asked, somehow stuttering on her first words not because of nervousness but because of ‘what the hell woman?’ kind of stutter.

Solar nodded.

“The dress…the church lady white dress?” Moonbyul’s turn to asked.

Again, Solar nodded and hummed.

The sisters smiled, “Of course, that dress.” They said in unison while giving their thumbs up, with faces staring at Solar, un-believ-ably.

 Once Solar was out of their sight, Yuju chuckled while Moonbyul ruffled her hair that she spent some time to fix.

“Christ, she’s crazy.” Moonbyul mumbled, but she later on laugh softly too. “Aren’t we all, at some point?”

Solar might be that woman who will be bring the last straw of your sanity, but at the same time your nirvana, she’s still the one you wanted to sleep with at night and spends the morning, too. And Moonbyul wouldn’t have it the other way.

“This relationship is so damn exciting, it must be so thrilling living with her, right sis?,” Yuju excitedly said, hands clapping lightly, “Yongsun-unnie is really so unpredictable, who knows what will happen next, like will she kill you when you’re sleeping or while you’re having a shower? There are so many possibilities.”

“Dammit, Yuju. Will you stop watching crime series?” Moonbyul slapped her sister with the small pillow, “Be happy that I’m surviving her. Be happy I am breathing, still.”

“You can’t escape her, sis.” Yuju laughed, holding her tummy. “She’s like the dude in Saw movies, just when you thought you won, think again.”

“Damn right, Yuju. I couldn’t agree more.”

Moonbyul chuckled and looked at the locked bedroom, probably Solar is now putting on her heels and then looking at herself in the mirror, after that she painstakingly puts on her light makeup again. She smiled. She can understand her girlfriend, she wants to impress her mother.

“Unnie,” Yuju called, smiling. Moonbyul snapped from her thoughts and looked at her sister.

“Mom will like her, right?” She had to ask her younger sister, rubbing both of her palms, as a sign that the girl is quite anxious too.

 Yuju scoffed, but later showed a genuine smile, “Of course. Mom will like her, but you know what unnie, just give her grandchild and I think this conflict will end. But fun fact sis, Grandma wants your child’s name close to her name.”

Yuju. One more and that fern right there will hit your face together with its pot.”

“Okay fine! I’m just suggesting! I will just shut up, just like you all wanted. I don’t really have a say to this family, am I?”

And Yuju sulks at the end of the couch away from sister. Moonbyul just looked at the younger, face in disgust as to how her sister turned into a dramatic actress. She watched too much TV series and movies, Moonbyul thought.

 But little did Yuju know, Moonbyul smiled inwardly, life is never boring when you have an annoying sister on your side, crazy girlfriend (but in a good way…really) on the other hand, a grandma who will conquer terrorist just to save you (apparently), and a mother with unpredictable mood swings (like the principal when you’re still in grade school).

Moonbyul just loves living. This life chose her. You just gotta embrace it.

After that painstaking moment of Solar of choosing her dress, they are all set to go. And Moonbyul wished Yuju wasn’t here at the moment, because guess who insisted that she should drive. Yep. Yuju’s handling the wheel right now with Solar on the backseat, while Moonbyul was holding her girlfriend for her dear life. Yuju’s driving, what could possibly go wrong?

Right?

 “Yuju. Pull over now.” Moonbyul said through gritted teeth, while Solar chortles.

“She’s driving just fine, love. Have a little faith on your sister.” Solar reassured, caressing her worried girlfriend’s forehead. Solar almost kissed Moonbyul right then and there because of how cute the girl is looking right now.

“Are you blind? She’s driving at the wrong lane earlier! And she’s supposed to stop when it’s red light, but no.” Moonbyul pointed out every single thing Yuju just did while driving. And Yuju just had to roll her eyes at that.

“My god, sis. Will you please stop? We are here.” The driving girl said, looking on her left to see a parking space just right outside her grandma’s gate. But instead of slowing down the car, she accidentally hit the gas and the moving car accelerated in the most not liking of Moonbyul.

And it’s too late for Yuju to reverse the happening because she hit the trash cans, the innocent trash cans that are just standing steady on the curb. All of them scream in fear when a loud thud was heard.

“Yuju!” Moonbyul yelled, then she turned her head towards Solar, and checked her it there’s any injury. “Are you okay?” She asked worriedly.

Solar nods, “Yeah, yeah. I’m fine. Holy…I’m alive, right?” She’s still in shocked at what happened.

“Those trash cans…has it always been there?” Yuju asked herself, eyes squinting, wondering. Moonbyul just had to hit Yuju on her head.

“Yes, you idiot.” Moonbyul groaned and assisted Solar out of the car. “Are you sure, you’re okay?” She caressed Solar’s cheeks, scanning her from head to toe.

“I’m fine, Byul. Stop worrying, we’re here already.” But Solar’s voice was full of nervousness and worry, well, not from Yuju’s driving but from the idea of meeting Moonbyul’s mother later. If only she could wear that invisible cloak from Harry. Moonbyul saw how Solar is a little edgy, as the girl smoothes her dress while looking at the house infront of then.

The blonde-haired woman kissed Solar’s temple, she wants her girlfriend to know that she’s just here. That everything’s going to be fine. That whatever will happen tonight will be good. Solar looks up, meeting her girlfriend’s gentle smiling face, yup, everything’s going to be well.

“Yo! Come on! Everyone’s hungry!” Yuju shouted, waving her hand from the front porch. Moonbyul held Solar close as they started to walk towards the house. The door opened revealing little Umji wearing a cute floral dress, and when Solar saw her, she just wants to put the little girl in her pocket and just keep it there.

Umji immediately clung to Yuju while Moonbyul ruffles her hair and Solar kissing her cheek.

“Grandma’s waiting.” Said the little girl’s voice. And like a cue, an elderly with her cane greeted them once they’re inside.

“Late.” She muttered, tilting her head with a stern expression. And Moonbyul pointed to Yuju, signing that the girl was the one who took the wheel. And Grandma Moon sighed, dejectedly; she knows what her eldest granddaughter means.

“What? You let your sister drive?” A more stern voice butts in, and Solar tensed. Yuju puts Umji down and the little girl runs to her grandma. All of their eyes are now focus on the woman in a tight fit black dress paired with her heels, and Solar really admires Mrs. Choi’s beauty. Like an older version of Moonbyul.

“I insisted, mom.” Yuju defended, “And I need to practice if I want to have my driver’s license next week, remember? And where’s dad?”

“Exactly, Yuju. You still don’t have your license.” Her mother moves towards them, looking at Solar then to the sisters, causing the girl to grip Moonbyul’s hand harder. “He’s still in Thailand for the meeting, remember?”

Hwayoung looks at Solar again, then to their tangled hands.

“Good evening, Ma’am.” Solar greeted, and Yuju almost snorted at how little Solar’s voice.

Moonbyul, Yuju and Grandma Moon looked at each other. The intensity is high between Solar and Mrs. Choi.

“Good evening too, and you’re late again.” Hwayoung said, still looking at Solar’s brown eyes. “But glad you’re here now. Come, I cooked all the foods. You better eat, okay?” She said gently, but she’s not giving any emotions. She’s so hard to read right now, and Solar’s more confused than ever. Is she mad? Is she happy? Or none of the above? But she smiled anyway.

“You cooked?” Moonbyul asked, “It’s been awhile since you did that.”

Her mother looked away, quite embarrass, “Let’s go now, foods getting cold.” Her heels started clicking, as she walks away.

“Oh my gosh, she cooks. She did that, sis.” Yuju cupped her cheeks, like the kid in that movie called Home Alone, shocked. “’s really changing.”

“She’s been here cooking since this afternoon,” Grandma Moon shrugs, “But that’s good, right?” She smiled, nudging Moonbyul.

Moonbyul winked at Solar, “See, I told you.”

Solar touched Moonbyul’s arm and mouthed something like, I love you.

And Umji giggled on the side, covering with her little hands.

“Yah, don’t kiss. Kids are here.” Grandma Moon said, holding Umji’s arm and leading her now to the dining room.

“No making out in this house, sister-in-law. My mom’s a bit conservative.” Yuju warned, following her grandmother. And Moonbyul is ready to hit Yuju, but she heard Solar’s laughter, making her laugh too.

-

Yuju kept on making jokes about her friends, classmates and what happened to her everyday life. While Moonbyul kept on filling Solar’s plate, saying ‘try this’ try that’. And Solar kept on eating, looking at Moonbyul then subtly wiping her girlfriend’s mouth when there are crumbs or sauce. Grandma Moon and Hwayoung were talking about something while Umji, little Umji, is struggling on how to use her chopsticks.

“Solar.” Hwayoung called, and everybody on the table kept mum while Umji groaned silently on the side when her rice flew all the way down her dress.

“Y-yes, Mrs. Choi? And you can call me just…Yongsun.”

And did Solar just stutter? Is this the woman who just poured wine all over her dress the last time?

“How’s your career? How are you doing?” The woman questioned, casually chewing her food.

“Oh,” Solar put’s down her utensil, “I’m on hiatus right now. And as for how I’m doing,” She looks at Moonbyul, “I think I’m fine.” She grinned.

“But your dad said otherwise about that hiatus.” Hwayoung stared at Solar, but it’s a soft look. But typical Hwayoung, frank as ever.

Solar swallowed hard, “Ah, you’ve talked to him,” And Moonbyul narrowed her eyes, while she looking at Solar. “I think, I’m not going back on being an idol.” She chuckled nervously; she never told this to Moonbyul, “I’m not completely drawing out in the music scene, because my uncle and I decided that it’s safe for me to just hold the company. He’ll train me.”

Hwayoung looked at Moonbyul, and she knows instantly that her daughter knows this all now. Grandma Moon throws a reassuring smile at Solar, Yuju too. While Moonbyul didn’t know what to do, so she just drinks her chilled wine.               

To lighten up the mood, Yuju requested something, “Hey sis in law, why don’t sing for us later? Since you’re on hiatus, doesn’t mean you can’t sing for us, right?” She said, quite enthusiastically.

And it hit Moonbyul, ever since they got together, Solar still didn’t sing for her. And somehow it excites her, knowing that Solar will sing in front of her family, even though sad news was announced earlier.

“Yes, you should sing.” Grandma Moon urged, “I’ve heard your album, and it’s great! Hwayoung is playing ‘In My Dreams’ non-stop, she even said that kind of music calms her soul and brings her youth back.”

Hwayoung shot her mother a look.

“Oops.” Mischievous grandma is mischievous.

Yuju laughed out loud, her grandma just dropped the bomb of her mother. You see, Mrs. Choi is trying to know Solar’s music too. The flattered girl, Solar, slightly widens her eyes in surprised. Mrs. Choi Hwayoung, mother of Moonbyul and Yuju, owner of hospitals, and former breaker of their relationship just listened to her songs?!

“I’m glad you liked it,” Solar, with a relief on her face, said.

“You should never stop singing,” Moonbyul’s mom said, nonchalantly, as she scoops her food on her plate. “In your own, at least.”

And Solar swear she could just cry right then and there because of this uplifting feeling, a compliment from Byul’s mother, who knew, right?

Moonbyul chortled, while Umji smiled triumphantly as she eats her food with spoon, because damn those chopsticks.

But Moonbyul smiled at Solar, a sad one, and the latter just caressed the girl’s forearm. She knows what Moonbyul is thinking and feeling, even though they’ve talked about the ‘hiatus’ the other day, still, her girlfriend was somewhat unhappy about this.

Their relationship just put her singing on hold, her dream and passion.

What do you think Moonbyul would feel?

Then a hand traveled to her hand, holding it firmly, “Byul…you’re more important. Stop thinking unnecessary things about this. Let’s enjoy every moment.” Solar whispered.

Moonbyul then nodded, “I just can’t help it, I’m sorry.” She her thumb on the back of Solar’s hand, and it puts a smile on the face of the latter.

“Full time girlfriend, remember?” Solar teased, “And as far as I know, you’re enjoying the most of it.”

The blonde-haired girl tilts her head back as she lightly laugh, Moonbyul whispered something and Solar beams as well, and the two of them were now caught up in their own world. And little did they know, Hwayoung was looking at them, the corner of lifted lightly.

She’s Moonbyul’s mother, and she saw Solar as someone who stole her daughter away from her, but Solar is the kind of thief that little by little you could love and just let her steal away of what she’s stealing. Maybe even give her a blessing too before she leave.

“They’re cute,” Grandma Moon nudged her daughter, “Right?”

Hwayoung swallowed, digging to her food once again, she’s still getting used to this scene. And her mother kept on noticing her, and it made her somewhat embarrassed for her actions.

“You’ll get use to it, Solar’s a good girl too.” The elderly urged, and Hwayoung nods her head, “Just,” Grandma Moon sighed, “Show your emotions, what you’re feeling. You’re not the high Hwayoung right now, you’re a mother. ”

Grandma Moon preaching again, and Hwayoung smiled, a full smile.

“And don’t be afraid to be happy.” Grandma Moon held her daughter’s hand, “Leave the old Hwayoung, she’s a bad one.”

And they both heartily laughed at that.

Yuju, Solar, and Moonbyul looked at the mother-daughter scene, there’s just an uncontrollably fond growing in their hearts to see this moment and they never would imagine that this time would come. A lot has change.

“I told you sis, she’s going to change this family.” Yuju said lowly, and kicked her sister’s foot under the table, she winked once she caught her sister’s attention.

Moonbyul grins, shaking her head, “I didn’t believe in miracles until she came.” She whispered back.

“Better not give her up.” The younger replied and held up her fist. And Moonbyul did the same.

“Fist bump.” Moonbyul ordered, and both fists meet, sealing that deal.

After that light-hearted dinner, all of them gathered in the living room, a cozy place inside Grandma Moon’s house that Solar has taken liking of. And Moonbyul should take note about that.

“The stage is yours Yongsun.” Grandma Moon said, while seated on the couch. Next to her is Yuju, who’s clapping like a mad seal. Moonbyul claps too, with little Umji on her lap cheering her Yongsun-unnie, while Hwayoung was seated stiffly on the next couch, looking directly at Solar who was sitting right in front of the piano.

Solar rubs her nose, and smiles awkwardly at her audience, “Okay…” She mumbled, “This song is what I’m feeling before Moonbyul came into my life, like I’ve been waiting for someone like her. And then she’s here, and sometimes I question myself…did I save the universe in my past life? Because I’m so lucky to have her.”

Everyone giggles, even Mrs. Choi.

“I’ve been meaning to sing this to Moonbyul,” She said shyly, and the mentioned girl casually scratches her head, feeling shy too all of a sudden, “Because she’s the person across the universe that I’ve been waiting.”

Solar started to hit the keys, her melodic voice soon resonated the room. Her singing keeps on going, Yuju unconsciously bobs her head to the song and a smile is plastered on everyone’s faces. It’s so soulful, if Mrs. Choi would describe it. Just a piano and a girl singing angelically.

Solar paused hitting the piano keys, and stared at Moonbyul. The latter felt that all the air she’s breathing is becoming void, Solar is taking her breath away.

“…like to come over to me?” She sang perfectly before continuing her music. After singing some lines of the song, and Solar is hitting the lower register in the keys, as a signal that the song will soon be finished.

All of her audience was left in awe, the vibe of Solar singing just right in front of you is different from just listening to her in radio or in any electricity-operated gadgets. That performance was so ethereal.

Solar stood up, bowing to the Moon family, “I know I brought unwanted things to your family, the privacy of your family has been ruined because of me and with my relationship with Moonbyul. And some of them are hurting or hating you, and with that I want to say sorry.”

But before she could say anything further, a person unexpectedly hugs her.

“I’m the one who should say sorry, Yongsun.” A soft voice said, and it made Solar untroubled all over. “You’ve done nothing wrong. You just love someone. And loving someone isn’t something to say sorry for.”

Solar nods, “I’m all ready not to lose her, Mrs. Choi.”

Mrs. Choi lets got of the hug, caressing Solar’s cheek. “I’m late to see that, but I trust you now,” she pats Solar’s head, “And by the way, you could call me mom from now on.”

And there goes Solar’s teary eyes.

Hwayoung chuckles, “I didn’t hurt her,” she joked to Moonbyul, and the girl stood up to reach her almost crying girlfriend setting Umji to Yuju’s lap. “Don’t cry now, Yongsun.” Hwayoung hushed her, gently tapping her back.

 “It’s just been awhile I’ve been calling someone ‘mom’.” Solar sobbed out, and now she’s really missing her mom.

Moonbyul then hugs her girlfriend firmly, hushing her with sweet words like she always do. And the rest of her family pats their backs and side hugging them before giving them a privacy to talk. And let Solar gets this entire emotion sink.

“See, everything went well.” Moonbyul said, calming Solar.

Solar just hugs Moonbyul, like it’s the only thing she needs to do right now. She just wants Moonbyul to be close to her, and everything is just falling into pieces but right where she wants it, and she wants it together with Moonbyul.

 And yup, Moonbyul is so worth it all along.

 

 

--

A/n:

OMYGOD, I updated after how many centuries. Lol. 

I cut this chapter into two parts, because I don't wanna spoil the good part of this chapter. 

And I used Yerin Baek song as a reference here! God, she's awesome! 

Sorry, took too long to update because...responsibilities and stuffs and yada yada.

BUT THANKYOU FOR ALWAYS SUPPORTING THIS FIC. AND SOMETIMES I'M RE-READING ALL YOUR COMMENTS! 

Awesome subscribers and upvoters , too! 

I LOVE MOOMOOS! OF COURSE MAMAMOO!