Till the End of Time

Till the End of Time

Rain always bring Jihoon into his past. When his eyes stared directly with gray skies, his memory will sail to his childhood. And the sound of rain would bring his mind to the figure of his brother.

At that time, the rain poured down. Jihoon who was eight years old could only curl up in a blanket. His tiny hands clutched his favorite light blue blanket. It is already night, It is time for Jihoon to sleep. However, the sound of thunder and the rain made him difficult to sleep. Moreover, Jihoon had fever.

His body was hot and his head was so sore. He wanted to cry because his head wanted to burst. Not to mention the cold air biting the skin down to the bone. Jihoon wanted to go out to look for his brother, but his body was very limp. His parents were going out because the business so he just stayed with his brother. Suddenly the room lights off and Jihoon finally cried.

Sob kept out of his thin lips. His sleeve length was wet because it is used to wipe the tears that kept out. His head was getting hurt because he continues to cry, but it did not make him stop crying. He was angry because his brother was not with him when he was ill. His crying increasingly because of that.

Suddenly the door open violenty. He popped his head out from the blanket and found a worried face of his brother.

“Gosh, Jihoon. I’m sorry. I’m really sorry. I forgot that you are alone. I’m working on a task. Sorry, Jihoon.” Yoongi immadiately climbed into the bed and hugged the Jihoon’s tiny body.

Yoongi could feel Jihoon’s feverish body even when he just touched the mattress. He checked his brother’s fever and Yoongi want to cry because it was very hot. His lips were pale and his body was shivering.

“My head hurts, hyung.” The voice was low and raspy. Yoongi directly massaging Jihoon’s head, hoping it could ease the pain. Then he held and rubbed Jihoon’s cold hands in order to make it warm. Yoongi who was eleven years old dare to do anything as long as Jihoon feel better.

“Don’t cry anymore, Jihoon. Your fever would be rising.” Yoongi used his right hand to massage Jihoon’s head and used his left hand to rub the back of his brother’s body so Jihoon was not shivering anymore.

“Now try to sleep, okay? I will sleep here too.” Jihoon opened his eyes, looked at Yoongi. He knew that Yoongi’s task unfinished because he was in hurry to come to his room.

“But how’s your task? It’s already finished?” Jihoon did not want to be alone in his room, but he also did not want to see his brother be punished for not doing his task.

“Don’t worry about it. Just go to sleep, okay.” Jihoon nodded before closing his eyes. Yoongi’s warm hand still massaging his head and it made his headache reduced.

“Sleep well, Jihoon.”

.

.

Jihoon smiling whenever he recalls his childood. He can remember how his laughter united with Yoongi’s laughter. How warm Yoongi’s hand when hold his hand in the winter. And how Yoongi hugged him when he had fever.  Everything was perfect.

Satiesfied daydreaming, Jihoon get up from his position. He glances at the watch that wrapped around his left hand. It is dinner time already.

The rumble was heard outside so did the heavy rain. He tightens his green jacket before walking slowly to the kitchen. Taking a bowl of porridge and prepare a glass of white milk. With a thin smile, Jihoon brings the tray into the room next to his.

“Hyung, it is time for dinner.” Jihoon’s voice not strong enough to makes Yoongi turn his head.

Without wasting time, he immediately go inside. “Eat first, hyung.” Jihoon takes his position next Yoongi. He pulls up a stool in front of the table and put it next Yoongi. After he comfortable with his position, he speak, “Yes, it is raining hard outside.” Yoongi’s mouth that open slightly now closed again.

“Aaa—” Jihoon says while spooning a spoonful of porridge to Yoongi. Jihoon patienly wait until Yoongi open his mouth. Slowly but surely Yoongi spends his food. Jihoon is happy because this time his brother spends his food.

“The porridge is so tasty right, hyung? Then tomorrow i will make it again for you.” Jihoon cleaning Yoongi’s corner lips which are remaining pulp.

Jihoon knew as much as anything he speaks, Yoongi will not reply his words. However it does not make him stop to talk with Yoongi.

It’s nearly five years Yoongi like this. Still in this position even if he was bored. The movement that he does is just wink and open his mouth when Jihoon fed him.

No. He did not blame his father when that man pushed him to the ground from the third floor of his house. His father was drunk so he did not realize what he was doing. His vision was dark when his body collided with the floor. And when he realized he could not feel anything except chess tightness. Yoongi still grateful because at least he can still move his lips although slightly.

Jihoon brushes Yoongi black hair, get rid from the eyes so Yoongi can see clearly. Guilty feeling was always there when he looked at Yoongi’s face closely. Especially when he saw the water pooled on both Yoongi eyelids. His eyes were hot.

“You are welcome, hyung. I love you too,” said Jihoon when sees Yoongi open his mouth a little. The most beautiful smile he gives to Yoongi.

 

And whether true or not, he sees Yoongi smile at him.