Equation

The Last Mermaid
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Okay, so let's see-- I told the readers about how I first met Byun Baekhyun unfortunately. Uh, am I missing something? 

Well you forgot the time you---

Oh. I remember now. Ugh. Byun. I guess I should tell you how I started to get to know Byunbaek a little bit more before jumping us into the present. So you'd think Baekhyun would have learnt what a "no" meant after 18 years of existing right? Nope. I seriously don't think this word exists in his little dictionary. 

"Hey, Iseul." Baekhyun winked as he leaned against his locker as I walked by. He had his hands in his pockets and his hair wasn't styled up today in his usual do. It made him look more boyish. I liked it better that way. Before I could smile at that thought, I stopped myself before I could mislead this idiot any further. 

Note to self: do not smile. do not feed the idiot's ego. 

I let out a loud mental sigh and focused on my books. Do not pay attention to how adorably endearing he looked today with his baseball hat with a little penguin on it. The penguin was what was making my heart beat a smidge faster, okay? He just looked like less of an today. 

Uh - huh. *says sarcastically* 

[THUD]

Ow. That wasn't nice. 

Hey, it's my job to be the sassy and sarcastic one. You just keep defending Byun and taking his side. Anyways, back to the story before you so rudely interrupted--

"Hello, Byun. What do you want?" I asked as I shut my locker. 

"Eat lunch with me." Baekhyun pleaded.

I don't defend Baekhyun all the time. Please, Iseul. At this moment in time, all Baekhyun wanted to do was to tell Iseul how beautiful she was, go out with her and consummate the bond as soon as possible. Because damn, was her skirt shorter than normal today? Like Iseul may be a weak human being, but damn, she was stunning and his wolf couldn't just wait to claim her as his. And there was no way Iseul didn't feel the pull like he did. I mean every girl liked Byun Baekhyun right? Werewolf or not. She was just so... pretty. The way her light caramel brown hair gleamed in the sunlight, the way her hazel eyes shone at him--

"No thanks." I grimaced. 

"Why not?" 

"Because I kindly refused your offer." 

"Kind would be giving me a chance---" 

"Uh, do you not understand the meaning of no? Get off my back, Byun." I growled as I flicked his arm that was reaching for my shoulders away from me. 

"Come on, it'll be fun." Baekhyun said as he leaned closer again. I rolled my eyes. 

"Do you have a boyfriend or something?" Baekhyun asked with a confused frown. 

Baekhyun's wolf couldn't help but growl in fury at the thought of another man touching his mate.

"No, I don't. I just don't see the point of spending more time with you, Byun." I replied gruffly as I started walking faster in an effort to ditch him. 

"Baekhyun." He said softly. 

"What?" I looked up at him. 

"Baekhyun. My name is Baekhyun." He said as his eyes gleamed with hope. 

Couldn't his mate see that they were meant to be? Iseul smelled like peaches and cherry blossoms. Baekhyun seriously hoped that she would say yes and they could make out already. He could totally go for peaches right now.

But alas Iseul, as we all know by now isn't that type of girl. 

"Fine. Baekhyun-sshi, why do you keep following me around?" I asked. 

"Isn't it obvious? I like you. I want you to go out with me." He said softly.

"And why is it that you like me?" I asked. 

"I think you're gorgeous. You're really pretty and I want to--" 

Of course he wanted to know me because all he saw was my face. What else was I expecting from a neanderthal?

And for the record Byun, if you like my face, that means you're attracted to me. It doesn't necessarily mean you like me, because that would imply you appreciating me as a person, which requires more thought than your capabilities, so yeah. Thanks, I guess. I'll tell my parents thanks for the face. Random annoying persistent guys "like" it. 

"No, thanks." I flatly said and walked into the girl's locker room for PE so that he couldn't follow. 

I could hear him yell even after I shut the door behind me. 

"Yoo Iseul, I'm not giving up on you! Just you wait!" 

What an idiot. How embarassing. I noticed some girls were whispering but I rolled my eyes. It's not like I asked this idiot to come chase me around. He was just so-- dumb. 

Byundumb. 

That flash of brilliancy was when I gave Byun Baekhyun his first nickname: Byundumb. 

He was like one of those puppies that followed you around even after you shooed them away. What a bother. 

Byundumb &a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter