Part of Your World

The Last Mermaid
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This cannot be happening. Baekhyun thought to himself. 

Okay, in Baekhyun's defense, he didn't mean to upset Iseul that much. All the other girls Baekhyun tried out the pick up lines on seemed to like him no matter what he said. Stupid Jongin. Baekhyun thought; it was all HIS fault. Hey, but new girl, I mean his mate, was totally hot when she was angry. 

Anyways, Kai and Baekhyun ended up going on a double date recently. They took the girls to dinner and then went to watch a movie. While he and Kai advocated for the newest Avengers movie, the girls really wanted to see this romance comedy. Lucky Shoes, was it called? 

Kai and Baekhyun didn't really find the movie interesting. The only part they found ridiculuous were the pick up lines the male lead used on the female star. And right then and there, a bolt of inspiration came to Kim Jongin's brain. "Dude, we should see if girls would still jump on us if we used lines like that. It'd be kinda..." 

"Hilarious." Baekhyun replied with an all knowing smirk.

Okay, so maybe Baekhyun was at fault too, but he's not as bad as a dude as Iseul makes him out to be, okay? So the two had a competition to see who could pick up the most girls with the pick up lines from the movie in a week. And that was unfortunately how Baekhyun met Iseul. 

So maybe Baekhyun is... a bit of an for thinking he can mess around with girls like that on a whim, but he's not that bad! I mean, Baekhyun's just competitive! Once Kai mentioned it, he couldn't help it. Okay, so maybe-- Baekhyun has an inflated ego. 

Where did that ego come from you ask? 

Baekhyun was born pretty much as werewolf royalty. Since he was a born werewolf and especially because his family had claims to the throne, he was admired and worshipped by almost everyone. 

Notice how I said almost everyone-- but I think perhaps that's a story I should save for later. All I wanted to clear up for Baekhuyn right now was why he chose to say those cheesy pick up lines to Iseul in the first place. But don't tell Iseul, she would freak out, haha. In case you haven't noticed, she's an uber strong feminist (and kinda hates Baekhyun. or all men in general..) But she's also sort of secretive and hates it when I tell her story, so I'll stop blabbing and pass the mic back to Iseul for now. 

I can't believe you kicked me out of the room just to narrate. I don't do that to you. 

Well, I'm the author of this story, Iseul. You can't know everything or you might as well just write the story. 

Okay, fine. Anyways, let's rewind the clock a little bit-- maybe a lot more considering how old I actually am. I'll go back to when I first watched Walt Disney's the Little Mermaid. I was curious what humans would have to say about us. You can't blame me for not going. It turned out to be a classic anyway. 

As much as I appreciate Ariel's curiosity for the world above, did she really have to be portrayed like a bumbling idiot who sacrificed everything she had just to follow some good looking dude? Like really, Disney, is that all you could do? And now every m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter