The First Encounter

The Last Mermaid
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You know, I used to think you were cute. 

That first day I walked into school as the new kid, I met eyes with you as soon as I walked into the classroom. I remember that one moment as if it were etched on to my life for eternity. Why? Because... everything was perfect. 

The way your raven black hair was a burning red, hot from the sunlight that kissed strands of your hair, leaving it like embers evermore against the bright shine.

The way the light gleamed into your own deep brown irises, almost making it seem like your eyes shone gold for that one second. 

The way the spring breeze trickled in through the window carrying the scent of spring gently through as a cherry blossom landed right in front of your hands. And oh, what beautiful hands they were. 

The way the you sat there, reflecting off that oh, so --- 

Okay, who am I even kidding? You might have seemed cute for that one teeny tiny moment in time, but then you smirked at me as if I were some piece of fresh meat and that snapped me right back into reality. You were hitting on other girls all throughout the class period while winking at me. I can't believe you sometimes.

Boys.

Boys are pigs. 

So yeah, let's say your smile was enticing, Byun Baekhyun. Maybe even bewitching. I couldn't and still can't get that one minute out of my head. You know, before you opened your loud mouth. Oh yeah and by the way you jerk, I heard you calling dibs on me to your friends the moment I walked in. 

I'm not your property. Who do you think you are striking a claim on me like it's the damn 18th century or something? 

Of course I'm not going to find your wink at me amusing after you treated me like a prize to be won.

You think men as a species would evolve a little bit in two centuries more or so but alas, they're still the simple-minded, testosterone ridden idiots they were in 1747. 

Oh, and Byun? Let's not forget your ego.

Man if I thought you were a jerk the first time I saw you, you guaranteed yourself as a grade A douche by the end of our first conversation. 

Hey, hey Iseul, aren't you being a little too harsh on Baekhyun right now? 

Hey, you may be the author of this story, but this is MY story so let me introduce this jerk you are making me endure throughout this story properly so they understand exactly what kind of a butthole he is. 

Sigh. You do you, Iseul. *holds hands in surrender* 

Where was I? OH YEAH. 

Byun Baekhyun.

After that first class, I was packing up my stuff getting ready to go to the next class, when Byun came up right next to me. 

I could see his friends around the corner just trying not to burst out in giggles and trying to stay inconspicuous.

"Twenty bucks he's going to get her number." 

"Thirty bucks he's going to bang her and leave her just like all the other girls." 

"Fourty bucks he's

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter