Ch. 6

On & Off
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaehee's P.O.V

Just when I thought everything was going well in my life, why did he have to pop up?

Don't think too much about it right now, Jaehee, you came to cheer on Byunghun. Let's focus on that.

After the players were all introduced, they moved on to introduce our school's team.

"Now let's welcome the Top Media Bulldogs!!! Number 2 Yoo Changhyun!..Number 7 Choi Jonghyun! ...Number 1 Lee Byunghun!"

As soon as I heard his name, I brought out my phone to record the reaction on his face for when I stood up and cheered as loud as I could. His face was priceless! He stood there shocked for a good 2 seconds before sending me a smile that asked, "What are you doing here?"  I laughed softly and shrugged my shoulders before mouthing, "Surprise!!"

In the background I can see all his team mates teasing and nudging him once they saw I was there to cheer him on. Soon enough, all the players were called and the game started.

Myungsoo's P.O.V

Today is the big match against my good friends school. People say we are rivals but it's really all for show. We are actually all very close since we basically grew up together. We just ended up going to different high schools.

On the bus ride there my teammates were being pretty loud so I decided to look out the window and block them out, until Sungyeol called out my name.

"Hey, Myungsoo, I hear your girl Jaehee has a little something going on with Byunghun. How do you feel about that?", he says with a sly grin on his face. My teammates always teased me about Jaehee.

"How many times do I have to tell you guys? There was never anything going on with us, we were just really good friends. I'm happy for her and Byunghun." I plugged in my earplugs before they can sneak in some remarks I do not want to hear.

After about 10 minutes we arrived at the school and went straight to the soccer field to warm up. Right away I saw Byunghun, so I went up and said hi real quick.

"Byunghun! It's great seeing you, man."

"Oh? Myungsoo, hey man! How have you been?"

"Pretty good actually. How about you, huh? What's this I hear about you and Jaehee?" Byunghun chuckled softly and shook his head slightly.

"I've been getting asked that a lot lately. But I guess you can say we got something going on. No hard feelings, right?" Yes, everyone thought we had something going on in middle school.

"No, dude, don't even worry about it, I hope things work out for you two. I'll catch you later, alright? Let's have some fun out there!" We gave each other little taps on the back before going back to our respective sides of the field for roll call.

When Byunghun's name was called, I could a cheer louder than anyone I've ever heard before. As I looked into the crowd I realized it was Jaehee. A little something inside my chest felt weird when I saw her there cheering for him. I mean, I wouldn't say I was jealous, but she used to cheer for me in middle school.

Come on Myungsoo, you have no reason to be feeling like t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter