Ch. 8

On & Off
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

L.Joe's POV

The fact that Jisoo couldn't realize the situation and how wrong it was for her to partner up Jaehee and Myungsoo, for some reason angered me so much, I couldn't sit there.

"L.Joe! L.Joe!"

I turned around to see Myungsoo running up to me. Great timing!

I gave him a sarcastic smile and asked, "What? You want to rub it in my face that you're partners with Jaehee and I'm not? Wait, did you have something to do with this? Just because you and Mijoo broke up doesn't mean you can take advantage of her like that!"

"No! I had nothing to do with this, dude. I had no idea about Jisoo's whole fundraiser thing up until now. She probably doesn't know about you and Jaehee. Look, I'll talk to her, okay? I promise I had nothing to do with this."

I wasn't fully convinced that he had nothing to do with this. Even though he was dating Mijoo at the time Jaehee liked him, they were still very good friends, to the point where it looked like they were dating. Not Myungsoo and Mijoo.

"Is everything...okay...?"

I looked behind Myungsoo and saw Jaehee walking towards us carefully, she could probably feel the tension in the air.

"Come on, Jaehee, I'll walk you home. Myungsoo said him and Jisoo need to talk about some things, let's not bother them."

Jaehee let out a small, 2 second pout before nodding, "Ah, okay, I guess we will see you guys when Jisoo decides to hold dance practices. It was nice seeing you guys again, let Jisoo know I said bye. Bye Myung!"

Myung? Did she just- let it go Byunghun, they were once friends it's okay.  It was honestly hard to just let it slide at the moment, but I controlled myself.

Myungsoo waved goodbye to us and we separated ways.

Jaehee's POV

Byunghun was quiet the first few minutes we walked together. I mean, I was too, but only because I didn't know how to begin a conversation at the moment. I knew he was probably feeling iffy about me being partners with Myungsoo.

"Sooo-"

"We're here."

I looked up from the ground and realized he was right. I didn't realize how fast time went because it honestly felt like we were walking for a good hour.

I nodded and smiled, "Thanks so much for walking me home, Byung. You didn't have to, you live kind of far."

He shook his head before smiling and ruffling his hair, "How could I let you go home by yourself? I'll be fine on my own, don't worry."

"Okay then, thank you again. And congrats on winning!! Uhm, i'll just text you later, bye!"

I walked into my house and went straight to my room to change into some comfortable clothes. Once I was in the comfort of my bed, I checked my phone and saw a text from Jisoo.

From: Jisoo

Hey Jaehee! Myungsoo just told me about you and L.Joe, I'm so sorry!!

That must've been so awkward otl. Don't worry, you and L.Joe can be partners.

I'll find someone else for Myungsoo!! :)

Oh wow, maybe we should have just said something at the time instead of making a scene.

To: Jisoo

No, it's okay don't worry about it, you didn't know!!

Thank you, though! I'll let L.Joe know

The thought of me and Byunghun being partners made me feel all giddy inside.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter