Valentine's Day

Of Insecurities and Jealousy [requests open]
Please log in to read the full chapter

Kai was a kingka, and a y, popular one at that. So how did he fall in love with a nerd girl? It was a long story but now, both were in a happy relationship. Well, at least according to Kai. His nerd girlfriend, Seoyun thought otherwise. Sure, it was a happy relationship, but Kai had insisted on keeping their happy relationship a secret on behalf of his reputation. His playboy reputation. She was fine with that, if those fans of his found out, they will kill her. On the other hand, it was hard seeing your boyfriend flirting with girls and surrounded by girls 24/7. If it was like that, she would rather announce their relationship so that at least some girls knew how to back down. But, she was a nerd girl, nothing more, nothing less.

It was finally Valentine’s Day. The day where Seoyun had to sit through countless of watching Kai’s fangirls confessing to him, giving him chocolates and more hard-core flirting and skinship. She had always made him chocolate and given it to him when they were home (yes, they were living together), this time, she wanted to at least confess to him in school on Valentine’s. He’ll probably have to act as if to reject her and then scold her later on for almost blowing his cover. She wanted to do it once. She sighed as she peeked at the homemade chocolates in her bag, there were not one, but three. She had wanted to give the other two to her two other friends, one she had stood up for when he was bullied, the other another popular guy who preferred being alone and whom she had met in the library. Screaming started as Kai’s car, an expensive brand that she had no idea existed, drove into the car park. He stepped out of his car, his school clothes messy but fashionable, his hair styled perfectly without him doing anything and his bag slung carelessly over his shoulder. He slid his sunglasses down his nose and winked at his fans whose screams rose to an even higher octave, some fangirls even fainted.

“Hey.” A voice behind her startled her. Oh Sehun, the cold guy who she had met through their love of books smiled his rare smile at her. She smiled back. When she had made friends with him, she had been glad someone this popular was friends with her because of the content of her character and not because of her appearance. They met occasionally outside to discuss books and she mostly always treated the said person to his favourite bubble tea. As they walked to class together, they chatted a little about their weekend, how it was, whether they had read new books. Both of them sat together in class, Seoyun brought out her yearly homemade chocolate to give to Sehun. He always looked forward to it, every year. He said she made the best chocolates in the whole world, especially since she had made it with love. Kai never knew about her making chocolates for her other friends, he had always come in later so Seoyun never noticed Kai coming in and staring at the chocolates in Sehun’s hand before looking at her. He frowned before plopping into his seat and observing them out of the corner of his eye.

During lunch, they met the used-to-be-bullied boy, Luhan, her other best friend who she would not trade

Please log in to read the full chapter