The Truth

Immortal Falls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"A lense flare?" 

"Yes, a lense flare, Aliyah." Ailee retorted, worried and recalling how Jimin acted a few days ago.   Jimin took photos of Jungkook and obtained nothing but a burst of light in the screen of his phone. He snapped photos for the third time and got the same results. The way his eyebrows met signified that he was doing some critical thinking at the moment. Not supposed to brush his hypotheses off his brain until Jungkook shifted and he was back to his senses.   "I understand. So, what about it?"   "I believe an idea about who or what thou art made its way into Jimin's mind."   "Sister, humans have limited knowledge.  He will certainly forget whatever he could have thought about my identity."    "But Jimin is not a typical human being. He is an immortal. He had seen an angel before and it was thee. There is a thin possibility for him to disbelieve about us. He is a deep man. Alright, I may not have the ability to read his mind but I could just look at him and figure out myself what he is thinking about." Ailee had watched over Jimin since he was twenty and Ailee had memorized everything about Jimin. If required, she could write a whole book filled with Jimin's facts.   "That is alright. It may be our Father's doing. I can not stop it. You have spoken enough, Sister. For now it is best for you to go back to Jimin and for me to finish my tasks for today. See you later." The male dismissed Ailee and continued extracting the souls from people killed by the hurricane.     He had always made haste in his work every day just so he could spend more time with Jimin be it as a pretend human or as an angel.   Sometimes he was too out of focus which caused him to make mistakes. He also skipped duties for Jimin.    But The Lord was always merciful and kind that he never ever said words of disappointment. Just pure understanding and encouragement and it was all making Aliyah guilty. He realized his faults and from then on made sure to accomplish his daily tasks flawlessly. He somehow had mastered the art of working double-time.     Ailee already flew away giving him the chance to take advantage of this little time alone to recall his moments with Jimin last time they were together.    How wonderful it felt when Jimin rested his hand on Aliyah—or rather—Jungkook's cheek as he slept. He wasn't completely asleep that time. Half of him rested and the other got a feel of the place; what it actually felt ike to be a human. The warmth of Jimin's hand; the textures; the scents; the sounds, he enjoyed it with eyes closed. He had to live in those senses because just like a game, there was a time limit. Like he was only allowed to pretend to be a human in a number of hours.    He knew their complexities. He knew how things worked in the world of humans although not everything. Their world is dangerous yet it holds great beauty that can create happiness in one's heart. It being a fact in Jungkook's consciousness was convincing him to try out being a human. But this try out would only be a one time thing. He becomes human, he is human forever and there is no going back. He didn't have a lot of reasons that compelled him to do it. Or maybe he needed only one reason. Maybe or maybe not, the reason was to be with Jimin. It would be a lovely life if it was always like this. Jimin touching him so softly, waking him up in the gentlest way. Telling him that breakfast is ready, with that sweet smile on his face. Just the two of them eating breakfast together, beaming at each other.  He would  see that beautiful face again later after his work. Ahh, love is wonderful. But mine is one-sided.   Aliyah almost took the soul of a survivor who was only unconscious.    "Sorry, Lord!!!" He exclaimed looking up the sky. Ahh, love gets me lost in reverie.               He happily pedaled a bike he rented to the side street where Jimin lived. He was now positive unlike a few days ago. Jimin and him got to talk that day after he rescued him. Jimin told him lots about how he had been while Jungkook was 'nowhere'. He said he was occupied with work but not too occupied for exercise. He went back to exercising because he stopped when Yoongi was too old and needed care and feeding—and that was years ago. Jimin had gained a little bit of fat in his tummy but it wasn't the type that could lower a person's self esteem. He also mentioned keeping Yoongi's things. He was mending his own broken heart piece by piece. And Jungkook praised him for that like a proud father.      It brought Jungkook relief when Jimin didn't repeat his question:   "Why are you running away? Tell hyung. Tell hyung who you are, Jungkook-ah. I want to be closer to you." Jungkook was still not ready to answer those questions and he didn't think Jimin was not the same.   And that thing about getting frustrated for being left alone all the time, Jimin acted as if it was never said. And Jungkook was thinking, reasoning that Jimin had only forgotten about it. That Jimin wasn't hiding his true feelings.    But Jimin was still far to reach. He hadn't yet got close into the depths of Jimin, all about him. Yes he may had watched Jimin for decades but he wasn't a mind reader. Jungkook wanted to know more about Jimin as Jimin wanted to know more about Jungkook.     But I should be more careful. And do my best to make Jimin feel better since that's what I'm here for. The latter thought.    He walked into Jimin's apartment building and stopped in front of Jimin's door.    Three, two, one.    The door opened and he automatically brought a joyful expression so that Jimin could start his day with a smile as well.    "Jungkookie! You're here!" Jimin's heart jumped. He admitted that Jungkook had a million dollar smile girls all over Korea would throw hundreds to indulge in.    Jungkook made hand gestures to appear like he was eating.   
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter