Ur Perfect Smile

This Is Us

Ur Perfect Smile

Fluff(?)


As a beauty guru who makes youtube videos for a living, Kyungsoo does her best to provide her viewers new tutorials, tips, hauls, and just about anything that has to do with make-up. When Kyungsoo first began filming herself doing her make-up, she would buy products with her own money but now that she has a little over one million subscribers on her channel, make-up companies sends her the newest products – for free!

 

It’s safe to say that a lot of girls (and guys) would die to be in her place. The best thing about her job is that she gets to share her love of make-up to her viewers and help them a long the way. Another thing she loves is that she doesn’t have to wake up early (unless she has meetings and collaborations) and she gets to wear pajamas when she films but only from her waist down. Indeed Kyungsoo is living the life that every 20-something female want but there is one thing that annoys her and that is, everyday she gets packages.

 

You’re probably thinking ‘well what’s so bad about that?’ and you’re right there is nothing wrong with getting packages of free make-up products everyday but you see if there is a package that needs to be delivered, then there must be a deliver man that does the job right? Well you’re right again. Almost everyday for the past year or so Kyungsoo would hear her doorbell, usually between 4pm – 5pm, and this is the part where she hates her job.

 

Everyday she has to open her door for the UPS deliveryman, everyday she has to sign that damn paper, everyday she tries not to freak out when the UPS delivery man smiles and tells her to have a great day before driving away with his brown truck, and everyday she doesn’t have the guts to ask the man for his name because they see each other everyday and should at least be on the first name base.

 

Yes, she has a big fat crush on the UPS deliveryman. It was probably around the six-month period that Kyungsoo really took a good look at him. The way his eyes would peek out from the hat and they would crinkle when he smiles at her. When he smiles, his white pearls would contrast the dull brown uniform or when he tips his hat before walking away. Sometimes she finds it hard to look away…

 

“Uhm Miss?”

 

“I’m sorry you were saying something?” Kyungsoo blinks her eyes twice to see the deliveryman staring at her with an awkward smile.

 

“Oh you forgot to sign- is there something on my face?” deliveryman asks while tilting is head, “It’s just you’ve been staring at me so I was just wondering”

 

“Yes – I mean no – yes no you don’t have anything on your face. I mean no you’re perfect the way you are –,” Kyungsoo slaps with her hands.

 

Kyungsoo thought sitting down in front of her camera and telling million of people how to do the perfect winged liner would prepare her for this but no because she’s literally talking to the camera and nobody is going to talk back. She’s usually a social butterfly when she goes into meetings or events but she gets awkward when she talks to someone, especially, if its not beauty related.

 

“Thanks I guess,” says deliveryman, trying to hide the wide grin with his hat.

 

Kyungsoo pats her cheeks, trying to calm herself, “Sorry I’m probably taking too much of your time. I’ll just sign this,” Kyungsoo signs the paper as fast as she can, “here you go again I’m sorry-“

 

“I’m Jongin,” deliveryman extends his right hand while grabbing the paper with his other.

 

Kyungsoo sees that eye-smile she loves and tries not to freak out again and gently shakes his hand, “I’m Kyungsoo,” she says, giving Jongin her genuine smile this time.

 

“I know,” she hears him say and he points at the package that Kyungsoo’s holding, “Do Kyungsoo”

 

“Oh that’s right…,” Kyungsoo pouts.

 

Of course Jongin would know her name by now but she can’t help but feel disappointed. It seems unfair that Jongin knew her name all this time but she didn’t know his.

 

“I also think you’re perfectly beautiful just the way you are and you don’t need all of those make-up. I like you like this – not that it matters or anything,” Jongin look at his watch, “Sorry I have to go.”

 

“Yeah I kept you long enough. Thanks for the packages Jongin” Kyungsoo wants to tell him that it does matter what he thinks of her because she wants to look good infront of him but maybe today is not the right time and hopefully she’ll be able to tell him in the future that she wants to look good for him.

 

“Anytime,” Jongin tips his hat, “I’ll see you tomorrow?”

 

Kyungsoo nods at the question, “I’ll be waiting, bye Jongin”

 

“Bye Kyungsoo!”

 

Kyungsoo watches as the truck drives away but not before Jongin pops his head out of the open truck door and waves at her one more time. Maybe she does have the best job in the whole world.


Hi guys! i seriously enjoyed writing this and if you guys want more of this particular story i wouldn't mind making it longer and adding more stuff. just wanted to let you guys know that I'll probably won't be able to update 'Ain't Never Did This' and I'll just wait until the semester is over. but hopefully this will make it up for those who were waiting for an update~~~