Yes or Yes?

This Is Us

Yes or Yes?

Fluff; 900wrds


Being asked out to prom is one of many girls’ lifelong dreams. Whether or not they are in a committed relationship and the whole school knows that their date is their significant other, they still expect to be asked because there is nothing sweeter than seeing a boy/girl holding roses and a poster with Do you want to be my Prom date?

 

But Kyungsoo thinks that she should just burry that dream 6-feet under because there is no way her boyfriend will do something like that. Heck, Kai doesn’t even like PDA or the idea of showing everybody how they are very much in love with each other by exchanging saliva. Technically, it’s her fault too because she had told Kai that he doesn’t have to bother with those things. They both knew they were going together to prom.

 

Still, Kyungsoo is hopeful that by some miracle her boyfriend will ask her.

 

Kyungsoo hugs her book against her chest as she makes her way to her locker. It’s lunchtime and she spends everyday of it with Kai and their friends. Usually she’s happy during this hour but she’s been feeling down this whole day. Kai didn’t pick her at her house in the morning so that they can go to school together, which is fine but then she hasn’t seen her boyfriend the whole day. To make things worse, when Kyungsoo arrive at school this morning, she saw many girls getting asked out to prom. So yeah her day has been not so good.

 

Shoving her books into her locker and getting her needed materials for the rest of the day, Kyungsoo closes her locker with enough force that the students around her stare at her with concern but she ignores the stares and heads for the cafeteria. As she makes her way to the cafeteria, Kyungsoo feels a tap on her shoulder and she turns to see if it’s Kai but it’s just a freshman holding a rose.

 

“Are you Kyungsoo?” the boy asks. But before she could give her respond the freshman hands her the rose, “Somebody told me to give this to you”

 

“Wait who gave you-“

 

“Read the note!” hollers the freshman, running away from the confused senior.

 

Kyungsoo starts walking again as she read the note attached to the rose with a string,

 

Babe, asking you to be my girlfriend is one of the best decisions I’ve ever made and I’m always thankful that you gave me a chance to prove myself.

 

Kyungsoo blushes at the note then she remembers how Kai asks her to be his. Kai was freshman at the time but he had the courage to confess to her that he’s been crushing on her every since he saw her on his first day of school. Kyungsoo was hesitant at first but accepted his confession and ever since then they’ve been together.

 

She was almost at the door of the cafeteria when another person pops up in front of her, this time it’s a girl and she’s holding another rose with a note.

 

I know I’m not the sweetest boyfriend out there. Frankly, I might be the worse but even if I am not the boyfriend material and I hate doing couple things, you still accepted me for who I really am. Babe, I will not be the person I am today without a woman like you by my side always guiding me and always loving me.

 

I want nothing but to keep you happy everyday.

 

Kyungsoo’s eyes water a bit as she read through the note. Deep inside she thinks she knows how this will end but at the same time she doesn’t want to keep her hopes up all for nothing. Whether or not Kai will ask her to prom won’t matter as long as they’re together wherever and whenever.

 

Pushing the two doors that will lead inside the cafeteria, Kyungsoo finds her boyfriend in the middle of the cafeteria with a bundle of red roses, just like the ones she received, on one hand and his carry a post board on the other that says Do you want to be my date? Yes or Yes?

 

Kyungsoo makes her way to Kai, almost embarrass as everybody around them are either whistling or chanting say yes.

 

“Baby…,” Kyungsoo whispers once she’s in front of her boyfriend.

 

Kai steps close to her, handing her the roses, and wipes the tears of his girlfriend with his thump, “I know you told me to not do stuff like this but I also know it’s one of your dreams to be asked out to prom and it’s always my goal to fulfill your dreams and make you happy. I wish I could have done something better than just give you flowers and be creative but we both know I could only go as far as this,” Kai rubs his nape at how cliché he sounds, “Do Kyungsoo, I love you and I will keep loving you everyday as long as you allow me too. Babe, will you go to prom with me?”

 

Kyungsoo takes Kai’s free hand with hers, filling up the spaces between, “Yes, I will go to prom with you. It will be a dream come true”

 

Kai throws the poster board and pulls Kyungsoo against his chest, his now free hand rests on her nape, making his girlfriend look up at him with soo much emotion on her eyes.

 

“I love you,” he says before claiming Kyungsoo’s lips for the whole school to see.