Last Dance to Heaven

Under the Blue Sky
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(This was inspired from the movie Last Night)

 

It was a peaceful night, the sky was clear fill with bright stars and the moon gives me light while I was walking to the side path of the Hangang Bridge. Restless, hopeless and sleepless.. feelings that urge me to do this thing. I stopped in the middle of the bridge, stares at the beautiful scenery in front of me for a while. After letting out a deep sigh, I climbed up trusting no one will stop me for there’s no one here, there’s no car passing by to see me. Getting my phone on my pocket and dialled my Mom’s number for the last time but still there’s no answer. Wanted to burst out and cry but that would not lessen what I am feeling now. Letting out again a deep sigh and slowly closing my eyes holding the phone on my hand tightly, I was about to step one foot when suddenly…

“HELP! ANYONE THERE?!” A girl shouted from somewhere I don’t know. In shock I accidentally dropped the phone I’m holding and grabs on the pole beside me.

“HELP!! PLEASE HELP ME!! ANYONE THERE?! HEEEEEELP!” the girl continue to shout. While holding tightly on a pole I looked down and saw a blonde girl wearing blue floral dress hanged at a board holder below the bridge. She looked up and saw me.

“HEY YOU THERE! PLEASE HELP ME! I DON’T WANT TO DIEEE!!! PLEASE I’M BEGGING YOU!~” The girl begged and can’t help but to go down and help her.

“Okay..Just keep yourself calm first while I’m going down there.” Then I slowly and carefully went down to get her she’s lucky I didn’t wear a dress today and wore slightly tight pants.

“HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO KEEP MYSELF CALM WHEN I AM IN A STATE WHERE I AM GOING TO DIE?! JUST PLEASE—“ 

“COULD YOU PLEASE CALM DOWN OR THE CARDIGAN THAT WAS HOLDING YOU FROM FALLING DOWN THE RIVER WILL RIPPED AHEAD OF TIME!” I’m getting so pissed because of what she was acting. Luckily I got to be near her in a short time and extended my other arm for her to hold on to.

“GRAB MY HAND AND HOLD TIGHTLY!” shouted to her while reaching for hand her. She tried to reach out for my hand but still not enough so I adjusted myself so she could reach it and before her cardigan got ripped she luckily reached out for my hand and held it tightly.
“HOLD TIGHT AND TRY TO GO UP!” She was actually heavy but because I am physically fit I managed to hold on her and help her get up. 

“QUICK! DON’T BE SCARED I GOT YOU!” She passed in front of me still supporting her so she won’t fall. “THERE ON THE SIDE YOU CAN CLIMB THERE” Gladly she obeyed what I say and managed to go up then me following her.

This stupid girl sits on the ground and let breathe out. “Thank you! Thank you for saving my life~” 

“Thank you also for ruining my plan” replied to her with a cold tone.

“At least you managed to save me from dying. Isn’t that good?” She looked at me flashing an annoying smile, well for me it’s annoying.

“Saved you from dying when in the first place you tried to commit suicide.. That’s actually funny..Hah” Rolling my eyes I then go back to what I am planning to do.

“Hey!” She quickly grabbed my hand. “Don’t do it! If you want to die, just die with me! Let’s die together!” slowly turned to look at her with confusion in my eyes. 

“You don’t know what you are talking about Miss..” I let go of her soft hand. Her hands were actually soft. Yah what are you actually thinking. Turning back towards the cliff of the bridge, again this girl dragged me far from the cliff and held my hand tightly.

“What’s wrong with you Miss?! I already saved your life! What do you want?!” The girl blinks her eyes while looking at me.

“Uhh—I just want us to have coffee..you know I suddenly wants to drink coffee.. uhmm come with me!” She’s really making me go insane. I just let out a deep sigh and go back to what I’m doing and again she pulled me back. 

“Please let’s have coffee~ I just want to have some coffee~” This girl is really insane.

“JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!” Quickly I turned my back on her but she did it again.

“Uhh—it’s already 5 am in the morning..I guess it not right to do that now..Just have coffee with me and I promise I will go with you and we will die together! What do you think?” Wiggling her eyebrows she get in front of me and grins.

“Okay I quit! Just please leave me alone!” Walking away from her but still she continue to talk and followed me behind.

“I’m Wendy by the way..and you what’s your name?” She was so annoying so she didn’t get a response from me.

“You know Wendy from the story Peter Pan..my mother loves Peter Pan so she named me after her. So how about you?-“ I stopped walking and glared at her.

“It’s Irene” stated coldly so she can stop from talking.

“Oh Irene what a nice name! So Irene let’s go grab some coffee?” She again flashed that smile to me. It was actually cute though she was really annoying and she was indeed pretty she was wearing a blue floral dress and she’s indeed as pretty as Wendy.

“Okay okay just please stop! Come on..” Started to walk again and she happily followed me.

 

++++++++


“So…why did you commit suicide when you really don’t want to die?” She confused me that much that my head started to ache.

“Well….I wanted to but I did realized that I don’t want to die that way..you know like I wanted to die on a hardcore situation, or die in a fast way like that..” She wiggled her eyebrows again which I find cute. What the hell Irene did you just say that.

“You stopped me from my one shot. You should keep your promise to die with me. But how?” curiously asked her while sipping on my cup of coffee.

“Uhmmm..well..uhh..I’ll write it down first! And we’ll talk about it later!” She was cheerful and bubbly why does this crazy girl wanted to die. I stood up from my seat and grab my key.

“Hey where are you going?!” Wendy quickly stood up from her seat.

“Are you coming or not?” Started to walk without looking back to her.

“WAIT!- I’m coming with you!” She quickly followed me.

 

++++++

I was driving my car.. It was freaking quiet.. I’m not that talkative anyway..but it’s like I’m not used to this kind of quietness. The sun shines brightly the wind that blows very warm. It’s already 10:15 in the morning. Suddenly..

*radio * *plays Total Eclipse of the Heart*

“Once upon a time I was falling in love and now I’m falling apart~ There’s nothing I can do…A total eclipse of the heart~” She literally sing. Her voice was good, no, it was from an angel it was beautiful but why would she sing that kind of song.

*turns to other station* *plays YMCA*

“Y-M-C-A! Y-M-C-A! wooo! Y—“ She stopped after I turned  off the Radio. Seriously.

She crossed her arms and pouts then turned to look at me “uhm So.. how do you want us to die? Uhmm..what if we eat the food we got allergies and we’ll not take medicine until we die..what’ya think?” She cheerfully told me that kind of stupidity.

“I don’t like that idea…” Rolling my eyes on her statement.

“Uhh…what if we just shot a gun to ourselves face to face that will be fast!” exclaiming in excitement but still nah.

“I have a gun but it’s in my house..and I just have one so I don’t think that’s a good idea also..” She pouted after that. Her cheeks were fluffy like a soft bun how cute.

We finally reached to the place where I am heading to, I parked the car on the side. “Just wait here I’ll just get something” unlocking the door and turned to look at her and she nods while smiling at me. “Okay just wait here I’ll be quick”

Wendy’s POV

When Irene left and walk to a building, I got bored and looked at the things she kept inside her car. Curiously searching for a reason why would she want to die. Then I found papers on her car’s glove compartment, it was notices from the court and letters from an organization I don’t know. While reading the papers, I saw Irene is walking back here so I quickly put the letters back on the glove compartment and act like I didn’t do anything.

“Are you okay?” She asked her while putting something she got from where she went to on her bag.

“Hey! Don’t tell me you stole that-“ Curiously said while pointing at her and the money she was holding.

“No I didn’t..It was my money..I kept this on my safe luckily I got this first before her. So don’t you tell me I stole this and can you please be quiet even just for a minute” After putting the money inside her bag, she started the car and drive again.

And I really did, stayed quiet like what she said. She was focusing on driving and I just simply glanced at her.
“AHHHHHH!! I quit! I can’t take it anymore! I can’t be quiet! A minute is already over!” Being quiet even for a minute is something I can’t really do. She just simply laughed at me.

We then went to a church.  Again she left me in the car and told me to wait for her. I stepped out from the car ‘cause I was bored being there and saw her went inside the church holding the money she got from her safe and stopped at a donation box. Irene let out a deep sigh and put the money inside the box and prayed to God. I can’t help but to smile on what she did. When I turned I saw someone I know and in shock I quickly went to this old ladies and hide on one of the lady’s back.

“Oh! Can I please hide on your back Ahjumma? It will not take long” Still looking at the direction of the guy. 

“With who are you hiding to miss?” The old lady curiously asked her.

“Uhh it’s my brother..I can’t let him see me..” The other lady was curiously looking at us.

“Hey Sorim-ah who are you talking to?” the other old lady asked and I thought they were sisters.

“I was to talking to this lady..” She points at me. “Don’t mind her eyesight were already poor she can’t see clearly.” This old lady explained to me and I just smiled at her.

“My eyes were blurry but I’m not blind Sorim-ah~” The other old lady then turned to look to another old lady. “And this lady smells bad” They then laughed at each other.

I laughed with them and whispered something to the lady in front of me then smiled. “Oh thank you miss~” The old lady smiled at me.

“What are you doing?-“ I jump out and startled when someone patted a hand on my shoulder.  When I turn to see who it was, in a sudden I felt relieved for it was Irene.

“WHAT THE HELL IRENE! Please don’t surprise me like that again!” But still I got surprised then I kept on holding on my chest.

“Sorry if I surprised you I was just curious on what are you two talking about” I took a deep breath and turned to look at the lady again.

“We should be going now Ahjumma. Thank you for the help!” I waved goodbye and started to walk pulling Irene with me.
“Who are your hiding anyway?” She was curious about it..

“Oh~ it’s my brother. If he see me he’ll just annoy me a lot and tell mom and dad that I’m here..I don’t want that to happen” I stopped and looked at her.

“Isn’t that okay? I think you should stop this and go home” She shrugs and I just glared at her.

“I told you, didn’t I? That I am going to die with you..I have to keep my promise” crossing my arms and pouts my lips. Then she held my hand while smiling and we walked back to the car.


++++++++++


Irene’s POV

“So..what if we just jump on the train together? What you think? We will die fast by that” She looked at me with a bright smile.

“Oh! That’s a bright idea! I haven’t taught about that but it’s a nice idea!” Wendy looks so happy after hearing what I said.

“Okay..let’s go?” I asked her first.
“OKAY!” She so cheerful I wonder where she has gotten those energies inside her.

I just simply laughed at her and drive all the way to the train station.

At the train station, we are walking on the side waiting for the train to come.

“Are you ready?” Wendy looked at me wearing a beautiful smile on her face.

“I am always ready.” My lips formed a curve. “It was so nice meeting you even for a short time Wendy” I extended my hand for a shake.

“It’s nice meeting you too Irene.” She just smiled at me and walked again. Shrugging my shoulders, I stayed on where I stopped.

Suddenly the crowd got panicked, a man lost his consciousness and about to fell on the railway. Furrowing my eyebrows while looking at the scene, I suddenly saw a lady jump on the railway and held him. My eyes got widen coz it was her, Wendy jump off the railway to save the man. I quickly run to him and held pulled him up to help Wendy before the train comes.

“Mister! Wake up!” I tapped his face to wake him up. “Somebody call 911! Hey!” The man is still unconscious, I also looked down the railway to look for Wendy but she was nowhere to found. The crowd were looking at us and finally the medic came and let them take care of the man then I quickly run to look for Wendy.

 

++++

 

 

Driving my car I looked around to look for her. Luckily, I saw her walking on the sidewalk not that far from where I am now. Gently stepping the gas and drove to where Wendy was now.

Then while driving slowly I went on the side of her and lowered the window so I can talk to her. “Hey! Why did you left me there? I thought we are going to die together?“  She was still walking away from me.

“I- I just realized I also don’t want to that way-“ She was catching her breath.

“But you promised that we will die together right? Are you breaking your promise?” She stopped from walking and looked at me.

“Can we just do it some other day?” She asked me like she was now hesitating to do it.

“Hmm..okay..I’ll just drive you home” I can’t afford to let her go home alone it was getting dark and I admit she was beautiful so I can’t let her be.

“I’m okay..I’ll just to my cousin’s house. I can manage myself it’s near here, thank you anyway.” She then started to walk again.

I stepped out of the car and run to her, grab her arm to stop her from walking. “Hmm…What if we just checked in a hotel?” hesitantly asked her.

Her eyes got widen and held on herself. “WHAT?!- Do you think I’m an easy girl? Don’t think that because you are actually attractive I will just be easy for you.” She quite stepped back away from me.

I just laughed at her. “I will not do anything to you I’m not the kind of person you are thinking now. Don’t worry I’ll get two rooms for us. So are you in?”

She was still glaring at me. “I don’t have money. I didn’t bring my wallet.” 

“Don’t worry about it okay? It’s all on me. Besides you don’t want to go home right?” She then let out a sigh and grabs my hand pulling me towards the car.
    
“Okay let’s go!” She opens the door and stepped inside my car. Shaking my head, I also stepped in the car and started to drive to the nearest hotel from where we are.

“You know..after that incident on the train station I suddenly felt so happy..” My heart truly feels happy. 

“Why Irene?” She was smiling while looking outside.

“Coz I feel like I’ve done something good for the first time.” It truly was.

“I’m happy for you Irene” Wendy did something to me like my heart felt relieved.

“Thank you Wendy” She turned to look at me with a bright beautiful smile on her face.

“How old are you Irene? I haven’t asked you that yet. I guess.”

“I’m turning 28. How ‘bout you?” Returning the question to her.

“Oh I’m 24. You’re not that old” I glared at her. She just laughed when she saw me.

Arriving at the hotel, I stepped out of the car first and open the door for Wendy. “Thank you Irene” Her lips formed a curve while stepping out of the car.

I just get my things from the car and called a hotel staff and gave him my car key so he will be the one to park my car then turned to look at Wendy who was looking around the hotel. 

“This hotel looks expensive are you sure about this?” She asked while still looking around.

“I told you not to be bothered about it. So shall we?” I offered my other arm for her to hold on.

“If that’s the case let’s go then” She then cling her arm on mine and we walk inside the hotel.

“Good evening Mam~” The guard greeted us and opens the door for us to get in.

We just smiled at him and bowed our heads. After we get in, I went straight to the receptionist. “Good evening~ Do you have still two available uhh.. standard rooms? If possible an adjacent room coz I have a company with me.” The receptionist slightly raised her eyebrows.

“Two standard rooms Mam? Uhm..let me check first and while checking can you please sign up this for guest detail record.” She handed me a paper to fill up and a ballpen.

“Okay.” While filling up the form I noticed the two receptionists were like talking about something. I just ignore them and turned to look at Wendy. 

“Hey what’s your full name?” Then get back on filling up the form. 

“Huh do I also need to fill up that?” Wendy walks beside me.

“Name please”  She rolls her eyes and told me her name. “Wendy Kim” 

“Address?” turned my head to look at her. 
“Just put Dongjak-ku, Seoul there. Aigoo..” She pouts her lips. How cute. 

“Birthday?” She glared at me means she doesn’t want to answer anymore. “Okay okay~” I just laughed at her. After filling up the form, I handed the paper to the receptionist. “Here’s the form. So, are there any available rooms?” 

The receptionist gave me timid smile while handing me two keys. “Here you go mam two adjacent rooms. Enjoy your stay.” 

“Thank you” Grabs the keys and bowed to them. “Come on Wendy” I started to walk to the elevator then Wendy followed me.

“They are weird.” Said to Wendy while clicking the up button.

“Are they? Why did you say so?” The elevator door opens then Wendy went inside and I followed her then clicked the number 4 button.

“Coz I feel like they are talking about us while I’m filling up the form she gave me” The elevator door opens and I let her go out first.

“Hmm..maybe you are just thinking too much..anyway, uhm..do you have an extra clothes there? Coz I wanted to take a bath and all I have is this blue floral dress that I wear since yesterday”

“Uhm..wait let me check” Searching for an extra clothes on my bag but all I have is just white loose shirts and a white polo. I just picked the loose white shirt and gave it to her.

“Here..this is all I have now are you okay with this?” She grabs the shirt and nods.

“Yes I’m okay with this. Thank you Irene” Wendy then unlocked her room’s door and walk inside. “Have a good night Irene” She told me before closing the door.

“Same to you Wendy~” Flashed a smile and walk also to my room. After closing the door, I threw my bag on my bed and decided to go to the bathroom to clean up myself. Brushing my teeth I look at myself in the mirror and realized how different I am since that day. Depression that’s all you can see as you look into my eyes, got a little thinner and didn’t realize that my hair got that long, looked broken and miserable. 

Why do birds suddenly appear…everytime..you are near~ just like me, they long to be close to you~

I hear a voice of an angel, on the other side of the room there’s an angel. She somehow...put some light in me...the light that gives my heart a warm feeling..the feeling that I never felt after that day..

On the day that you were born the angels got together and start to create a dream come true..So they sprinkled moon dust in your hair of gold and star-light in your eyes of blue~

I close my eyes as I listen to that angel’s voice while I am taking a shower.

++++++++

Wendy’s POV


Happily walking out to the terrace as I feel fresh and new after taking a bath, I am still singing freely..

“Just like me, they long to be, close to you~~” Spreads my arms and close my eyes coz the air breeze were perfect for this night. It’s been a long time since the last time I breathe some fresh air. As I look around, I saw someone on the other side sitting a chair looking somewhere far, thinking of some deep thoughts. Then I realized that person looks familiar. Squinting my eyes as I can’t still think of who that was, my eyes suddenly widen as that person looked at my direction. That girl smiled at me, it was as beautiful as the stars that shine brightly in the sky. 

“You really love to sing that kind of songs” She was wearing a white loose polo and black short that can’t be seen coz of the polo she was wearing. Her looks got very different since the first time I saw her on the bridge. Her long black hair were straightened after taking a shower I guess, her face were lightened, dark circles in her eyes still can be seen but it didn’t matter coz she still look like a Goddess, yes she looked like a Goddess living on this world.

“Hey Wendy, are you okay? You looked so shocked? Don’t tell me you…” She smirked as she was teasing me.

“E-excuse me..It’s not what you think..duh.. you just look..uhh it’s just new to me seeing you like that..” Timidly smiled coz I’ve caught off guard.

“Haha I was just teasing you. Anyways I’m glad that the clothe I’ve lend you just fits on you.” She again smiled at me. It was a warm. I feel so warm.

“Yes thank you for this hehe- oh wait! Let me just go there so we can really talk.” There was an edge between the terraces of our rooms where I can walk to Irene’s side.

Irene then quickly stood up from her sit because she got worried I might get fall from here. “Yah! You can just go here through the door you might fall on the ground and die!” She was nagging me but still she was helping me to get there on her side.

“I am not afraid to die Irene hahaha” She was holding my hand tightly and held on my waist as I get up on her room’s terrace. I just realized how strong she was that time.

“Just don’t do that again Wendy.” She looks so worried though she was smiling at me.

Smiling at her I patted my hand on her head. “Okay okay I won’t do that again.”

“Wait here I’ll just get us something to eat and drink” Irene stood up from her seat and offered it to me. “You just sit here while I’m getting food and drinks.

“Thank you” I sat down and just look at her as she went inside her room then turned to look at the stars, it was beautiful, they were scattered in the wide clear dark sky. Shining bright like diamonds. Smiling to myself coz I’ve never seen anything like this for a long time.

“Hey~” Irene just got back and she was holding a can of beer. “Uhm..Do you drink?”

“Give me that” Grabs the beer she was holding and chuckles. “Of course I do. I’m not a kid anymore”

Irene giggled and grabbed the can of beer again from me then opens it for me. “Here” 

“Thanks Irene” Her lips formed a curve. Her eyes were sparkling. She was happy. And I was happy. “So..do you still want to commit suicide?” She asked me and drinks her beer.

“Well..I promised that we will do it together..” Irene sat down on the floor.

She hums and drinks her beer again. “I just thought about this..If you are hesitating, you can stop.” She looked at me seriously.

“But—“

“I can do this alone. You don’t have to force yourself if you don’t want to do this.” She then gave a smile.
“Are you sure about this?” I just look at her worriedly.

She nods and just smiled again. “Yes. I already made up my mind. It was really nice meeting you anyway.”

Looking at her this way breaks my heart. She stood up from where she was sitting and finishes her beer. She then walks her way to her bathroom. I quickly followed her.

“Hey~ I will go with you” She opens the water tap to fill the tub. 

“No Wendy. I know you didn’t want to do this.” She walked to where the hair blower was. “You should go home and be with your family.”

But I shook my head. “No I promised we will be on this together so I will stay and do it with you” 

She patted her hand on my head and smiled. Then she gets in the tub now filled with water while holding the hair blower. And I followed her. “I’ll join you Irene” I sat down on the tub and grab the hair blower from her.

“Are you sure Wendy?” Irene sat beside me and grabs the shower hose. She opened it and pours water to herself. “They say if you pour water to yourself it will be faster.” Then she slowly poured water to me from my head to my body. Then I looked at her while she was doing it, so sad coz she looks so freaking hot and she just wanted to die. She put down the shower hose on the tub. 

“I think this is enough.” She grab again the hair blower from me and turned it on. “Are you ready?” 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter