Invisible Hands

Under the Blue Sky
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Irene is a shy introvert beautiful girl (but she doesn't know that). She hides her face by her black silky hair that shines everytime the ray of light from the bright sun spot on her. Always wear sweater and hides her hand that people see as weird and crazy. She was indeed smart that's why some call her nerd who wears eyeglasses.

"Hey Hyun!" Irene startled and stopped from walking in the hallway. She turned her look from the voice direction and saw her bestfriend, Seulgi.

Seulgi was far different from Irene, she's bubbly, pretty, confident and a campus crush (girls and boys). She's Irene's defender everytime she was being bullied by anyone. She's always there for Irene as bestfriend and sister.

"Seul~ you almost gave me a heart attack" Irene said softly while holding her chest with her right hand.

Seulgi chuckled and pat her hand to her bestfriend's head. Seulgi was taller but younger from the said girl. "I'm so sorry Hyun. I just missed my bestfriend so much" She gave a cute sweet smile. Her smile was called a Bear Smile because she really look like one when she does.

"But please don't do that again Seul. and I miss you also." Irene gave a small but pretty smile behind the strands of her hair which covers her face.

"Hyun how many times will I tell you to please keep your hair from covering your beautiful face" Seulgi extented her arm and tried to fix Irene's hair to uncover her face. But Irene quickly walk back from Seulgi's side. The younger girl sighed. "When will you change Hyun? Okay come here I will not touch your hair again"

Irene blinks her eyes twice still not trusting what have Seulgi said. "I promise okay?" Seulgi raised both her hands to make her believe on what she has said. The older girl nods and walk towards her friend. "You promised Seul"

"Yes. You know I never break promises" Irene nods agreeing on her statement. "Class will start soon. I'll see you later Hyun" Seulgi pats her hand on the other girl's shoulder then slowly walks backward waving her hand before she run to her room. Irene waves her hand and get back to her normal self again, lowering her face while walking to her room.

*ring*

The bell ring which means first class already started. Irene quickly entered the classroom and sat at the back where she usually stays until all of her class end. As their professor came in and started to talk, Irene just listen attentively and not caring what her classmates will talk about her again. She was already used of all the bad things people around saying to her. But of course, like a normal human being, she does get hurt but she kept on hiding it where only Seulgi know and felt what have Irene felt everytime she got bullied. She was always thankful that her bestfriend was always there for her but sometimes she doesn't want to bother her anymore. She often asks herself the question Seulgi always asked her. When she will change herself? How she will change herself? How it will affect the life she got used to? Irene does want to change herself but she doesn't know where to start. The fact that there is one thing that made others says she was a freak and weird.

The reason behind why Irene always hide her hands was because of the current her hand releases everytime she holds on something or someone esp. when it's really cold. She doesn't know why she was like this when ever since she was a child she does made anyone feel a current everytime she touches them. Sometimes even her bestfriend has experienced it. But it was not that kind of current who can kill someone once struck by electricity it was only like someone pinched your skin mildly. So to avoid this thing to happen again she always wear a long sweater so she can hide her hands preventing herself to touch anyone. She does prayed and wished that this thing will be taken off from her so she could live normally like the other does but unfortunately that was not granted because until now she was still like a walking current in their school.

 

*ring*

 

The bell ringed again means the first class already ended. Irene packs her things and stood up from her seat then walks outside the room to get to her next class. She was walking fast to go her next class which is 15 minutes away from her first. Still her face were lowered while walking, suddenly she gasped and her heart beats fast in shock as she somehow bumped into someone who had her books fell on the  ground after the incident.

Irene quickly bent to pick up the books owned by the person she bumped into, but the latter also bent to pick up the books. "I'm so sorry I didn---"

"It's okay. No need to apologize. But do look in front you while walking next time you might bumped into someome again. You might get hurt." The blonde girl infront of Irene said. Even though Irene's hair was covering her face, she can clearly see the beauty of the person in front of her. She end up looking only to the girl while picking up the books. She didn't notice her hand was already showing up. Then suddenly "oh~ what is that?" The blonde touches her hand and looked at Irene blinking her eyes in shock. "I just felt an electrity to my skin weird." Irene snapped back and quickly hides her hand. "I'm really sorry miss" she bowed her head several times apologizing to her. Then she got the last book stood up and handed over it again to the girl. "I'm really sorry"

"It's fine really. You should take care always" The blonde gave her a sweet smile.

Irene somehow felt the concern on the girl's voice which made her feel happy coz it's the first time someone was not angry on her. "I will~" she also gave and a little smile to the girl then bowed to her.

"Oh I gotta go! Bye--" The girl look at her raising her eyebrows seems asking her name. "Irene" she unconsciously answered the girl. "Bye Irene" The girl bowed to her then run to go to her class. Irene was left speechless still looking at the direction where the girl runs to go to her room. She somehow felt something in her heart, an unusual feeling, something she never felt when she talk to Seulgi. She blinks her eyes once then twice when she suddenly realized that she was the one left in that place and she was already late on her next class. "Oh my gosh! I'm so late! Gahd goodluck to me" She quickly runs to her room which was on the 3rd floor.

 

 

-

 

Another day of school has ended. Irene puts up her things on the locker before she go home then her phone which was inside her pocket vibrates that made her startled as well. "Gosh Irene it's just your phone" she softly said then gets her phone from her pocket. She pressed the home key to check who message her, as expected it was her bestfriend bear. Hey Hyun! Don't go home yet! Let's meet at the entrance. See yah! Lovelots -DeulgiBear ♥ Irene shook her head then smiled at her bestfriends message. After putting up her things, she locked it up and then walks towards the school's entrance.

Getting nearer to the entrance she quickly saw that famous smile from her bestfriend who was leaning her back on the side of the door in a manly position. She stood up properly when she saw Irene walking towards her. "Hey Hyun. How's your day?" She puts her hands on her pocket. Irene gave her a small smile. "Nothing special. Like as always" Then she remembered the blonde girl she met earlier she suddenly rolled her eyes for not asking her name.

Then she suddenly saw a familiar figure behind Seulgi facing back. She narrowed her eyes to clearly see who the person was until that person face towards her. Irene eyes widened, heart beats faster than the usual, being dazed by the bright smile flashed from the latter. "Hello" the blonde girl bowed to her. "Oh Irene?" The girl raised her eyebrows after seeing Irene. "You know her already?" Seulgi turned her look to the girl behind her with confusion. "Ah yes. She was the person I bumped into earlier before heading to our class" Seulgi nods at her. Irene was finally in front of them. "Anyway, Hyun I would like you to meet Wendy" points at the blonde girl who walked beside her. "She's an exchange student from Canada. And I was assigned to accompamy her during her stay here in our country. And she's a pure korean don't worry" Irene turned her look to Wendy who was smiling at her, smile which slowly melting her on her position. "Hi. I forgot to introduce myself earlier. Wendy Son, you can call me Wendy. It was nice meeting you Irene" she extent her arm offering a handshake. Irene automatically grabs her hand and did a handshake.

Seulgi raised her eyebrows in surprise. She knew Irene was a shy introvert girl who would just nod and simply smile at the person who she introduces to her. Seulgi smiled seeing this scene. "N-nice mee-ting you too Wendy" Then she bowed to the girl then quickly releases the blonde's hand because she felt her hand were shaking. She just held the soft hands of this beautiful person in front of her. She was too bright, brighter than Seulgi everytime she was with her. She find it weird but she just shook her head and snapped back to herself.

"She'll be staying here for a week. And..." Seulgi turned her look to Irene. "I want you to help me accompany her Hyun" she smiled at the older girl who widened her eyes being surprised on what her best friend just asked her. "M-me?" Irene points to herself. Seulgi nods at her. "You know I have other activities other than school. And you're the only one I can trust to with this" she patted her hand on Irene's shoulder. Irene was still surprised. Seulgi knows that she was a shy person. How can she accompany someone when she herself can't talk to anyone aside from her bestfriend? "But Seul-"The older girl was being cut from talking. "Hyun, you can do this. I will come with you two once i'm available. Besides I want you to meet other person aside from me. You know I won't be beside you always. Just give it a try. Maybe this will be start for you to change yourself"

Irene turned her look again at the blonde who nods at Seulgi's words. "Don't worry Irene. I'm sure I will enjoy my stay here when you're with me" Wendy said looking at her eyes were Irene can see her soul by just looking at it. Irene sighed deeply. "Hmm..o-okay Seul. I will help you" Seulgi smiled widely after hearing her friend’s words. "Great! So let's start this day!" Seulgi put her arms on the blonde and older girl's shoulder. "We'll go somewhere Wendy would definitely enjoy here" Seulgi smiled again as a bear. Irene and Wendy both smiled at her.

 

-

 

Seulgi brought them to this KTV bar. She knew Wendy loves music and does love to sing so she brought her on this place. "Come on let's have some fun!" Seulgi shouts excitedly and push the girls inside. Wendy just laughed at her while Irene just stayed quiet like she was a while ago. "Is there an available room?" Seulgi asked the service crew. "Yes there is. I will lead you there" The girl sweetly smiled at her that made Seulgi's face blushed a little. Irene and Wendy noticed it raising their eyebrow on Seulgi's action. "Ehem..seems like someone has an interest on the cute service crew here. Maybe she's also the reason why we are here?" Wendy teases Seulgi who startled because of what she have said. "What?! I don't know what you are talking about Wendy. Come on she's waiting for us" Seulgi walks first leaving the two girls behind. Wendy looked at Irene and winked at her. The older girl blushed on the blonde's action luckily the light were a little dimmed and her hair was still covering her face so she won't notice it. "Let's go" Wendy starts to walk as well. Irene nods and followed her.

Irene and Wendy caught Seulgi shyly talking to the crew who was already in front of the KTV room. Irene simply giggled while Wendy was holding her laughter. "Ehem~" Wendy cleared to make Seulgi notice that they were already there. Seulgi on the other hand startled again face turned pinkish. The taller girl in front her giggled. "Here's the key. Enjoy your stay" she gave Seulgi her sweetest smile. "Thanks Joy see you later"

"I didn't know you can get so shy in front of other people Seul" Irene commented on her bestfriend while Wendy just simply grinning at her.

"O-of course Hyun what do you think of me?" Seulgi was already blushing in red. "Let's go inside before the two of you make fun of me" she unlocked the room and quickly gets inside. Wendy and Irene shook their heads and simply laughed.

Irene sat beside Seulgi while Wendy was in front of them starting to choose a song on the songlist. Irene simply looks at Wendy which made her smile to herself. She just met the girl but somehow her heart wants to get close to her. Sadly she only have a week to stay with her. "Hey Seulgi put this song on" Seulgi went to Wendy's side and pressed the number of the song she chose.

The music starts to play. Wendy holds the mic "mic check 1 2 3" she nods after means the sounds was perfectly fine. Seulgi on the other hand was clapping like a bear smiling to Wendy. Irene was still quiet watching the two girls enjoying.

"So crazy maldo an doeneun iri ireonasseo

I dont know whatt happening to me

Nae yaegil jal deureobwa~"

Wendy starts to sing. Seulgi was smiling from ear to ear after hearing for the first time Wendy's voice. On the other hand, Irene was amazed, her ears listen attentively on the blonde's soothing voice. Listening to her gives her eargasm. She closes her eyes while listening to the said girl.

"Somethin kinda crazy happen to me

Geojismalcheoreom museun irin geoeyo?

Banjjagineun byeorideon

Nega nae pume angin crush daeche museun irijyo?"

Wendy was looking at Irene then she smiled as she saw the girl listen to her. Seulgi was sometimes singing with Wendy as enjoys the music playing.

Then the song already ended. Wendy smiled forming a crescent curve on her eyes and sticking out her tongue. "Sorry i'm not that good at singing" she said.

"What?! You say you're not that good? Oh my gahd Wendy if you're not good you're like saying i'm the worst singer ever" Seulgi totally disagree on what Wendy have said. Irene nods at Seulgi.

"Haha you go sing too" Wendy gave the song list to Seulgi who quickly grabs it and chose a song to sing. Seulgi was also good at singing, actually as good as Wendy.

After an hour of singing and dancing they decided to go out already. Though Irene didn't sing not even once, she did enjoy a lot.

Wendy and Irene exited the KTV Bar while Seulgi was still inside talking to the service crew a while ago. "Thanks for this day. I really did enjoy a lot" Wendy said to Irene who was still quiet since earlier. "I'm glad you enjoyed this day. I'm sorry for being just quiet the whole time" Irene softly said not looking at Wendy which is only by her side. The blonde just smiled at her. "It's fine. I know you're not really into that. But I hope before I leave going back to Canada I will hear you sing even once" Irene just simply smiled at her. "I'll try to make your stay here a memorable one" she said then turned to look at Wendy. Their eyes suddenly met, Irene's heart skips a single beat then beats faster than it should be. The blonde's soulful brown round eyes were as pretty as the moon lighting up the darkness of the night. Those eyes were slowly making her fall to this special girl beside her. She knows it was fast but she had to admit to herself that she had felt something special to this girl.

"Hey you girls, seems like you already pretty comfortable with each other. That's good to see. For sure you'll enjoy the week Wendy" Seulgi joyfully said. "Yes i'm also sure of that Seulgi" Wendy said then smiled to her. "Oh we have to go and get home. It's already late and we still have class tomorrow. Hope you had a great day Wendy" Seulgi pat her hand on the blonde's shoulder. "I really did. Thanks Seulgi and to you Irene. I'll go now. Have a good night both of you" Wendy walk backwards then wave her hand and turned around walking towards the other side. "You take care going home Hyun. Message me once you got home" the taller girl wraps her arms around the older girl then release her after a short time. Irene nods "I will you too okay? Goodnight Seul" Irene waves her hand and started to walk to her apartment with a smile on her face.

 

 

-

 

It was Wendy's second day in Korea. She was looking forward on seeing this weird mysterious but pretty girl who she just met yesterday. Rubbing her eyes, she pull off the blanket and stood up from her bed then walks to the bathroom preparing herself to go to school. After an hour, she was done then gets her bag and walks outside her apartment. Their school was just near her apartment a walking distance actually so she does walk only when she go to school.

While walking, she saw someone slowly walking towards the entrance of the school. Wendy smiled as she run towards the direction of the said person. When she finally get at back of the girl, she poked her that made the girl jumped from her place. Wendy finds it cute and she did giggle at the girl. "I'm so sorry I didn't mean to surprise you" she gave her best smile to the girl who was now facing her holding her chest after being startled. "Oh Wendy~ I-it's okay. Sorry for acting this strange. I easily get startled for some reason." Irene deeply sighed and get to her normal self.

"Hmm..so how's your morning Irene?" Wendy asks and then they started to walk entering the school. "Just fine, another normal day" Irene were not even looking at Wendy. She still covers her face with her silky black hair. "Uhmm..how about you?" She asked the blonde who's just staring at her since earlier. "Uhh..well honestly I was excited to see you this day" Wendy was being  straight forward answering Irene's question.

The older girl's face turned pinkish but not that noticeable because of her hair. "I was wondering what we will do this day after class. Do you have something to do after class?" Irene was keeping herself quiet not making the blonde notice the redness of her face. "A-actu-ally I was about to go to the library later for some uhh research" Wendy nods at her. "Okay. Would you mind if I go with you there?" Irene raises her eyebrows then blinks her eyes thrice after what Wendy said. "A-are you sure? I mean you can ask Seulgi to come with you if you want to do something else" She was worried that Wendy might just get bored around her.

Wendy shook her head then smiled at her. "No. I will also just read some books there. As I said I wanted to stay with you this day." She sweetly smiled at Irene who was really turning red because of her. Irene only nods "ahhh.. I gotta go W-wendy. Hmm..well see you later" she said softly then bowed to Wendy before headin to her room. The blonde waved her hand at the older girl. She just smiled to herself then also headed towards her room.

 

When she arrived at her room, she saw Seulgi was smiling while staring at her phone. Grinning at her classmate, she slowly walk on her back the she gently pat both her hands on the girl's shoulder that made the brunette scream that loud. "WHAT THE-!!!" She turned her look behind. "What the hell Wendy! Don't scare me like that!" Wendy laughed out loud then sat beside the suprised bear. "You're so cute Seulgi HAHA" Seulgi glared and pouted at the girl beside her. "You're lucky I was holding my phone if I wasn't holding it my wrist would mark on your face you silly" Wendy who's still laughing at Seulgi suddenly stopped. "Okay. I'm sorry. I won't do that again. And I won't tell anyone about you and that service on the KTV bar. Oopppss!" She covers then chuckled. Seulgi's small eyes got widened. "What?! W-what are you ta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter