Bloodred Sign

Bloodred Sign

Humans didn't believe that there were other creatures walking around just like they did because those creatures were always good at hiding their identities and powers. After many years the truth was being revealed and there was a big mess caused by the humans who just wanted to protect themselves from the "monsters" that shouldn't even exist, which left a bad impression and made some creatures show their superiority by threatening the people and humiliating them. This was quite easy and made some of them see humans as useless and weak and avoided them as much as possible, seeming kind of arrogant to others. It took even more years to stop the threatening but the arrogance was still present and the most noticeable when it comes to vampires.
Next to the conflicts between the creatures and the humans there's also the problem with finding a soulmate. Years ago a magical cave was found which was filled with stones that were crystal clear, small and light. If you took one it was as if you were holding a feather in your hand. At first no one knew what to do with them but then someone found out about their power by accident. This person was walking around with the stone in his hand and when he walked past a woman that he didn't know it suddenly started to glow a bright red. The man thought that he was only imagining it and continued to walk. However, it didn't happen just once but several times and it was always around that woman. Soon,the whole village knew about the incident and theories were being made up. After seeing that woman a few times the man decided to just talk to her and the two of them got along surprisingly well. It didn't take long for them to get married and they were the perfect couple with less fights than others. That's when the people found out about the stones' power of finding your soulmate.
Over the years the stones were being handed down from generation to generation but after a few decades finding the soulmate became less and less important. The new generation seemed to go after looks instead and most couples broke up just after a few weeks, it was a miracle if a couple stayed together for more than a year. Fortunately, there were still some kids that actually carried the stones in hope of finding the right one, not caring about their race even though some relationships were being looked down at because some people cant accept it, the vampires for example. They are still against the thought of being with humans.
One of the people carrying the stones was a girl called Lina who always dreamt of finding her prince and a perfect life next to her other half. She got her stone and started to look for her soulmate when she was just 8 years old but now she's 19 and is still looking. She was so focused on finding that certain guy that she ignored every confession and every male that tried to flirt with her without feeling bad. If the stone didn't glow, they weren't meant to be together anyway. Lina was someone that you could get along well, no matter what you were. That didn't change the fact that she felt a bit lonely though because there was no best friend by her side, no one who knew her better than everyone else because she never opened up completely. She was too afraid of the possible consequences and just went the safe route of not talking too much about herself.

The girl's normal day consisted of waking up, getting ready for school, going there, spacing out when a teacher was talking before going home to do her homework and going to bed. But she didn't fall asleep immediately. No, she spent hours of just thinking of different things and being sad about having no one to lean on. One day she woke up and prepared for another boring day at the most boring place after the church. Lina didn't think that anything would happen but she changed her mind once she entered the school building and was greeted by groups of girls being loud and excited for an unknown reason. It seemed like everyone knew something that she didn't and it made her pout slightly. The girl didn't like feeling left out and not knowing what's going on. With the pout still present, she walked into her classroom and placed her bag on a table in the middle of the room with an almost inaudible sigh. She liked sitting in the middle of the big classroom because being in the front would make her seem like one of the nerds and being in the back there would be all the bad students who didn't care in her opinion. Slowly, the room filled with the rest of her classmates and it became a lot louder because the gossiping continued, but this time it became even worse. Annoyed by the noise, Lina laid her head on the desk, closed her eyes and tried to tune out all the gossiping, but it wasn't her lucky day. All that she could hear were the words "new students", "handsome" and "freaking tall". Great, more kingka material. Soon, all the students turned their gossiping into whispering as the door opened and revealed their homeroom teacher who was being followed by two boys who looked a bit more mature than the other boys in the  classroom.
Lina raised her head cautiously and glanced at the two boys at the front who looked like they didn't want to be here. Both were tall but one of them was taller, even if it was just a little bit. Their eyes scanned the room and Lina couldn't stop the shiver running down her spine when the shorter boy's eyes locked with her eyes and the girl looked down instinctively. There was something about his eyes that made her feel weird but she couldn't explain it. She looked up again and made sure to avoid the other's and ended up staring at the taller boy who was looking back at her coincidentally and she felt weird again, but this time it was a different kind of weird. To distract herself from the confusing situation, Lina pulled out her stone just to freeze once she laid her eyes upon it. It wasn't crystal clear like it should be.. it was shining a bright red, making it look like blood. The female looked back to the boys still standing om the same spot in shock and she was sure that everyone could tell that something wasn't right if they looked at her, which they didn't. She put away the now glowing stone and bit her lip in concentration after she got over the shock. So one of the two strangers was her soulmate.. but who? Their names were still unknown until the teacher told them to introduce themselves. The taller boy just waved lazily and smirked which made all the girls in class squeal. "My name is Kim Mingyu. Let's get along well." The introduction was short but no one seemed to mind because it made him seem more mysterious and interesting. Lina didn't think that an introduction could be shorter but the shorter boy proved her wrong. He didn't move and just replied with a surprisingly deep voice which made the girls go crazy again. "Jeon Wonwoo." It didn't take the female long to realize that there's a high possibility that the two boys might be vampires due to their behavior and that it could be difficult to talk to them to find out who's the one. However, Lina didn't expect it to be THAT difficult to meet them when they are alone. Every time she saw them, they were standing next to each other and when she was lucky enough to see one alone, he was surrounded by a mass of girls who said that they belong to their so-called fanclub.
Weeks passed and still no luck. The girl thought that she would never be able to succeed and was disappointed in herself for being unable to just walk up to them and ask them to talk to her in private. Why should they agree to that? Surprisingly, she saw Mingyu in front of his locker all by himself but Lina wasn't meant to find out that easily. After finding him she looked for the stone in her bag just to see that it wasn't there. Why did she have to forget it today when she had the chance to clarify everything? A sudden thought came to her mind and she walked towards him, even without the stone, to try to get to know him. Maybe he would agree to meet up some day when she didn't forget her stone. The female took one last deep breath before smiling a bit once she was standing in front of him. "Hey, you're Mingyu right? I'm Lina." She expected him to act cool like he always did but he didn't. He smiled instead and nodded in a way that reminded her of a little kid. Was she wrong about him being a vampire? Was he just fooling everyone or was it because of Wonwoo? "Yes that's my name and it's nice to meet you. What made you come to me outside of the classroom?" Lina already thought that he would ask and prepared her answer beforehand but now that she had to answer she couldn't remember. The thought of him being the possible soulmate made her heart beat a bit faster and she was just standing there, not knowing what to say. It seemed to amuse the boy because he started to laugh softly and he leaned against his locker comfortably. "Is it because we are still at school? Do you want to meet up somewhere else? Like the park that's just 10 minutes away." Mingyu offered and the girl just nodded because she didn't think that she would be able to answer properly if she tried to use words. Mingyu smiled even more before pulling out his phone and handing it to her, wanting the girl to give him her number. Lina was a bit unsure about that but ended up typing it in anyway. It can't hurt anyone, right? As soon as she was done, Mingyu glanced at the time and his eyes widened a bit when he saw that the next lesson was going to start in two minutes. "Hey I enjoyed talking to you but I have to get to the next lesson. If I were you, I'd do the same. See ya!" With those last words, the female saw him running to arrive on time but she walked to her class normally because she thought that she would be late even if she ran due to her lack of stamina.

What she didn't know was that the boy didn't run to his next lesson. In fact, he just ran around the corner before walking casually to get to the school's basketball court where his best friend was already waiting with an annoyed expression. "What took you so long, Gyu?" The shorter boy asked while almost glaring at the other. "Sorry I just met a classmate and talked to her for a minute, that's all. You don't need to be like that just because I came a little bit later. So~ what's the matter, hyung?" The apparently younger asked with a smile on his face. The older male only continued to glare when he heard that Mingyu was late because of some female that crossed his way. It made him worry about the possibility of his playboy behaviour's return and he didn't like it one bit. He preferred being alone with his best friend and keeping a distance from the rest who were just mere weaklings in his eyes and not worth their time. Yes, they were quite popular but that didn't mean that he liked it, it was the exact opposite and he just wanted to leave every time a crowd forms. But thanks to the younger who enjoyed being in the spotlight he couldn't do anything but stay and ignore everyone else but Mingyu. However, Wonwoo wanted to know who's fault it was and decided to ask the other. "Who was the girl that talked to you?" Mingyu smirked a bit once he heard the question and raised an eyebrow. "Why do you want to know? Are you jealous because I know more people than you? Or because I'm more popular?" Wonwoo just intensified his glare and punched the younger boy lightly to make him stop joking around. "Okay okay~ remember the weird girl in class who looked like she saw a ghost? Her name is Lina and she wanted to talk to be but was so nervous that she couldn't talk." Mingyu said and chuckled as he remembered her being at a loss of words. 

There was something about her that made him want to get close, want to get to know her. He knew for sure that it wasn't because of her appearance. She looked just like an ordinary girl, neither too ugly nor extraordinarily pretty. So what was so special about her? Mingyu was determined to find out, with his friends or alone. Wonwoo noticed the sudden change of atmosphere and he wasn't sure if he like it. He was kind of glad that it's just one girl but he couldn't help but feel a bit burdened by the younger's interest for a reason that he still needed to find out. The older boy stared up at the sky which confused the other. ".. that girl? So her name is Lina.." Wonwoo mumbled but due to their excellent hearing Mingyu heard it perfectly well. "Yeah, why? Are you suddenly interested in a girl? It has been a long time after all." The taller male wanted to lighten up the mood a bit. "But I don't think that she would like such a boring emo like you~" Mingyu couldn't say more because he suddenly had to run away from a fuming Wonwoo who looked like he wanted to kill his dongsaeng. The older wouldn't be like that if he didn't care so there had to be something true, right? Teasing him later would be fun!

During the following lessons, Lina was unable to focus on the teachers even though she knew that she needed to get better grades this year. Somehow, the thought of meeting Mingyu again distracted her greatly and made her feel happier in a way. Was this a sign that he might be the one or was she just being fooled? It didn't matter at the moment anyway. First, she had to think of a careful way to bring up the soulmate topic without making him think that she was a freak even though bringing the stone might help her a lot to convince him that it's true. Speaking of the item.. the girl also had to make sure to bring it for sure next time or else she would just cry in frustration. It can't be that difficult to bring something when you already did that for more than ten years. Just then the bell rang and saved her from the torture called school and she was one of the first students leaving the school grounds without realising that she didn't see the two boys like she was supposed to be. A few steps before the door of her house, her phone vibrated in the pocket of her jacket to inform Lina about a new message that just arrived.

From: unknown
Hey Lina, it's Mingyu
Let's meet tomorrow at 9am in the park near the big cherry tree
See you there
 
A smile appeared on the face and she was fast to save the number on her phone before biting her lips in concentration when the girl thought of how to reply. Why was it so freaking difficult to write something that seems casual? Deciding to write a simple "okay, see you there", she put away her phone and placed her hand on her chest just above her heart that was beating just a little bit faster. Was it because of Mingyu or due to the fact that she won't spend a saturday in her room like usually? Lina didn't know and just told herself to be patient and find out tomorrow when they meet.

Somewhere else, a certain hyung was pissed because the younger couldn't put away the phone and smiling a bit. What's the reason anyway? "Yah, Kim Mingyu! Can you put it away for once and tell me what you're doing?" Wonwoo demanded answers to the questions in his head. The said male just shook his head and continued to stare at his phone. "I'm just waiting for a reply, no big deal." The older huffed and punched the taller lightly. "Sure, no big deal.. who should reply? Don't tell me it's this girl again." Mingyu didn't know if he was imagining but he was sure that he heard a hint of jealousy when his hyung talked. What was the deal with the probably human girl that made the both of them curious at the same time? The younger was clever enough to move the conversation into a different direction and made him talk about random stuff like his new school life.

 It was already 11pm and the girl couldn't fall asleep no matter how hard she tried. Her mind was busy with the thought of meeting Mingyu tomorrow and she even spent an hour in front of her wardrobe to prepare a suitable outfit that would look nice but wasn't screaming 'I'm trying to impress you', which was kind of difficult because she owned mostly oversized and not girly at all. In the end she went to ask her mom who fortunately had clothes that would fit and she ended up borrowing a skirt that was knee-length with a flower print in pastell colours combined with a simple white shirt. Then Lina washed up and thought that she was tired enough to fall asleep immediately but that wasn't the case and she ended up staying awake for another hour, staring up at the ceiling while being deep in thoughts. It's not like anything bad can happen, right? She would find out if he was the right one or not and she couldn't be disappointed even if it wasn't him. Secretly, Lina hoped that it would be Mingyu and not Wonwoo because the latter scared her a bit to be honest. The girl still remembered the feeling when their gazes met and she didn't like it at all. Mingyu seemed like a nice person and it was the exact opposite with Wonwoo.

After a while Lina was finally able to fall asleep and woke up 30 minutes before she was supposed to meet the vampire and she had to rush to get ready on time and still eat a proper breakfast because it was important to the girl to gain as much energy as she can. Once, she was done with eating, she applied just a little bit of lipgloss just because she felt like it before rushing to get to the park just to realise that she arrived a bit too early. The young girl sat down on one of the benches, took out her phone and plugged in her earphones to kill some by listening to music. That was the reason why she didn't notice the person approaching her and sit down, making her jump a little bit because of the poke om her shoulder. When Lina turned her head, she came face to face with Mingyu who was wearing a charming smile and looked even more handsome in casual clothes. His looks distracted her most of the time while they were walking around in the park to talk and enjoy the sunrays hitting their skin. Lina knew that vampires have been able to adapt to the sun after decades and were now able to live like humans, the only difference was still the need to drink blood from time to time so most of them hunt in the forest.
During their walk, the stone stayed in her bag and the girl didn't think of taking it out and checking if he's her soulmate, not even once. At 1pm, Mingyu had to end their time together because he had something important to do and the girl only nodded when the taller told her before saying that she will leave first.
What the two didn't know was that someone had been following them the whole time and tried burning holes into Mingyu's head with his glare. Once this person saw that the girl left, he took his chance and walked over to Mingyu who had his back turned to him. Turning the vampire around, the guy tried punching Mingyu straight in his face but the latter's reflexes were too fast so he caught the other guy's hand with his own.

"What do you want and who are you?" Mingyu asked calmly even though he was pissed that some stranger nust wanted to punch him. However, he had a feeling that he had seen him before but he had no clue where and when. The shorter scoffed before stepping back a bit and directing his glare at the younger boy in front of him. "You only see what and who you want to see, don't you? I'm in the same class as you... and Lina. What did you do to her, you bastard?! She never wore pretty clothes and liked to avoid others but then you appeared and she suddenly dresses nicely. She even met you outside of school, which she never does. That girl even turns down every confession and walks around boys that tried to get close to her. What did you do to make her act differently?!" The stranger screamed the last part before trying to punch the vampire again who avoided the punch by just moving backwards a bit. The taller male could only scoff at the words and smirked afterwards. "I changed her? Good to know. Seems like making her mine will be easier than I thought." Mingyu lied to make the stranger mad and by the looks of it he succeeded. 
But he didn't expect the guy to just grab his collar and lean really close. "Just call me JR and I'd remember that name if I were you. I dare you to mess with Lina. If you do.. I won't go easy on you." The guy calling himself JR hissed into Mingyu's ear and gave him one last push after letting go of the taller's shoulder and just left. The vampire just shook his head in amusement and took out his phone to text Wonwoo what just happened. This guy thinks that he can beat a vampire? This is gonna be an interesting game.

At home, Lina changed into more comfortable clothes before walking into the kitchen and preparing a small meal for herself before remembering that she was foolish enough to forget about the stone that had been in  her bag the whole time but she didn't use it. This meant that she had to meet him once again and that thought made her smile even though she tried to stop it just to fail.
The rest of the day went over without anything happening on her side and she fell asleep pretty quickly without any problems, which made her miss a message that made her phone light up at 11pm.

As soon as Mingyu arrived at the apartment that he shared with his hyung, the said male waited for him at the front door with crossed arms. "What do you mean with 'looks like we've got another player'? Which game are you even talking about?" Wonwoo demanded for answers and didn't move an inch to let the younger in. "Hyung~" Mingyu whined. "Can't you let me in before I explain? Others aren't supposed to hear that." The older sighed before walking into the living room and sitting down on the big sofa, waiting for his dongsaeng to follow him and do the same. As soon as he, did Wonwoo stared at the younger. "Spill." Mingyu wasn't scared one bit because he had known the older for a really long time already and also knew that the shorter would never hurt him. That didn't mean that he couldn't punish him in different ways and Mingyu hated that so he just started talking about what happened. "I was just walking around with that girl and when she left this strange guy calling himself JR appeared and threatened me to stay away from her or else he won't go easy on me. Tsk that foolish human really thinks that he could hurt me.." As the taller male mentioned the name JR, Wonwoo's eyes widened a bit more and he couldn't help it but feel a bit worried. "Yah Gyu-ah.. I've heard some things about him not being human and I would be a bit more careful around him even though we can easily beat him. What if he isn't alone? I don't want to call our friends for help just because you were being careless, got it?" The younger boy just nodded but in his mind he was already planning on how to make the girl fall for him faster than this guy can make a move on her himself and he already had some ideas. Before going to sleep he decided to write her a short message, hoping that Lina was still awake and reading it.

From: Mingyu
Hey Lina
Sweet dreams of me ;)
Joke xD See ya on monday!

After that he turned of the light and dreamed about his hyung who was staring at the girl from afar. When he woke up he was freaking confused but he didn't tell his hyung because he thought that it wouldn't help them at all.

Sunday was quite unspectacular and it was already monday when Lina woke up and hour before her alarm went of, giving her some time to take care of her appearance for once. Usually, she just brushes her teeth and hair before making breakfast but this time she made sure to add just a little bit of mascara and lip-gloss, which made her feel a bit prettier than usual. After that she unlocked her phone just to see that she got an unread message. But it wasn't just anyone texting her, it was Mingyu! Suddenly, she felt her face warming up and she was sure that the blush on her face would be obvious but she was just happy to receive some attention from that handsome guy even though the text itself was a bit... cheesy? She didn't know what to call it but she liked it because he was the first one to do that. No one else had her number so the others couldn't even try as long as Mingyu kept it to himself, which the girl hoped that he did. Deciding that it would be rude not to answer even though it's already late, Lina typed a short reply.

From: Lina
Hey Mingyu
Good morning and sorry for replying so late, I didn't check my messages the whole day and I was already slept when you wrote ><
Anyway~ see you in a while ^^

It took less than 5 minutes before her phone went off again to inform her about a new message and it was from Mingyu again.

 From: Mingyu
No problem ;)
At least you replied. Wanna spend lunch break with me and hyung?

The last question made Lina's eyes widen in surprise because it was rare for her to be asked to join for lunch and it made her really happy even though she would have to spend it with Wonwoo too. Before she was able to type  another message arrived and the blush intensified.

From: Mingyu
And I wouldn't mind you wearing that lipgloss that you wore yesterday. It looks good on you ;)

What was wrong with the guy and his winking smileys and the complimenting? Lina replied with a short "sure and okay ^^" before packing her bag and leaving for school happily, making other people looking at her weirdly because she's usually hiding her emotions more than at the moment.

Once she arrived in the classroom, she was being welcomed by the usual noise that she ignored and sat down on her seat. The female student was glad that the teacher arrived soon after but he had news that the girl didn't like. "Today we will change the seats and no I will decide. No complaining or else you will get detention, got it?" The teacher said and the class answered with an annoyed "yes". Lina was hoping to get another good seat like she did every time and she was lucky because the teacher just moved her one seat to the left. Or that's what she thought. The old man also decided that Wonwoo should sit right behind her so she was feeling quite uncomfortable during the first lesson with the new order. The vampire just stared at her the whole time without knowing why. 

On the other side of the room, Mingyu noticed his hyung's behaviour and pouted because he was too far away from the both of them. Too far away from Wonwoo for whispered conversations and too far away from Lina to continue flirting with her. So all he could do was texting the latter under the table but she never replied during lessons. Does that mean that school was that important to her? No, she cared too much about her phone to let a teacher take it away from her, that's why she always kept it in her bag and on mute.
Soon, it was lunch and Lina was about to leave the classroom quite fast when a hand grabbed her arm, holding her back successfully. She turned around to see Wonwoo with his usual pokerface and the shiver returned. "Didn't you say that you would spent lunch break with us or did you plan on ditching us.. ditching Mingyu?" Wonwoo asked and sounded cold. Lina looked away and tried to free her arm but it didn't work because he tightened his grip. "I-I just wanted t-to find a g-good table." The girl cursed herself in her mind for stuttering and talking with a low volume like she was scared, which was probably true because Wonwoo was so intimidating. Wonwoo sighed before letting go. "We don't eat in the cafeteria, we claimed the rooftop." Once Mingyu joined them, the boys walked to their spot pretty fast and Lina had problems with following them but she managed to do so somehow. The female student has never been on the rooftop before because it's usually forbidden to go there but the boys didn't seem to care about the rules. She stopped for a moment to enjoy the view which didn't go unnoticed by Mingyu who stood next to her. "It's cool, isn't it?" The taller vampire said with a smile before looking at Wonwoo who was sitting a bit farther away with his back them. Mingyu's smile turned into a smirk and the girl was scared as his eyes turned red for a second before changing back to their normal colour. She was right with assuming that the taller boy was a vampire and she was unsure if she should stay or just run away. She chose the former because his eyes looked normal again but she wanted to be more careful around him. "Oh sorry.. I didn't mean to scare you.." The vampire looked apologetically and the human just shook her head. "It's okay, it just slipped right?" Mingyu nodded before sitting down with his back against the wall unlike Wonwoo who sat close to the edge, almost too close for Lina's liking. The female joined Mingyu and the three of them ate their lunch in peace until Mingyu started shaking slightly. The girl stopped when she noticed the sudden change and looked at him in a worrying way just to see that his eyes were red again and even brighter than before. This time even his fangs were showing and there was a hint of hunger in his eyes which made her back away a bit but thanks to the vampire's abilities he was faster and caged her with his arms on both sides of her. He aimed at the girl's neck and lightly grazed the skin there with his fangs, which made her shiver, and was about to sink them into her neck when he was being pulled away from Lina all of a sudden. The female has never been that relieved to see Wonwoo behind Mingyu before but she still didn't move because she was afraid of possible consequences. "W-what's wrong? W-why is he like t-this?" The girl asked, stuttering once more. Wonwoo pulled Mingyu farther away by the collar of his shirt before answering the female's questions. "We haven't been able to hunt for a while and he didn't have enough self-control to hold back in this situation. I'm sorry that you had to see this. I guess we have to skip and hunt instead." Did the cold guy Wonwoo just apologize?? The girl stared at them with an open mouth and blinked a few times before closing it again and watching Wonwoo packing his and the taller's stuff. Just as they were about to leave, Wonwoo turned around once more. "And Mingyu was right, that lipgloss looks good on you." Lina couldn't believe her ears and a few seconds later her cheeks were able to compete with ripe tomatoes. To her luck, the vampires were already gone and didn't see her in that embarrassing state. Hearing the bell ring reminded her of the fact that she still had classes and she rushed to her classroom just before the teacher came who was a bit late to her luck. The afternoon went by in a blurr and Lina was much more relaxed with the staring vampire gone. After a short walk she arrived at home and the forat thing she did was turning on the tv and jumping onto the sofa. Maybe watching tv could free her mind from unwelcomed thoughts and flashbacks of that moment on the rooftop. At around 9pm the student decided to go to her bedroom and do her homework before going to sleep but once she closed her eyes she saw things that she didn't want to see. She saw how close Mingyu was, his bright red eyes and his grown fangs that nearly pierced her skin if it weren't for Wonwoo who saved her.

Because of the problem during lunch break she failed to notice JR looking at her most of the time and it was frustrating him. Once he was at home he went to his room and threw some things across the room out of anger before he calmed down again and planned his attack. How can she spend her break with those arrogant guys instead of someone better like him? How can they get closer to her in less then two months while she still acted like he didn't exist? There was one thing that he was suspicious of and that was the fact that they didn't attend their afternoon classes. Was it because of a vampire problem? Being something else than human made it easy for him to identify the others' race and those two boys were no exception. Knowing that about them could be quite useful to him and he suddenly had an idea that was brilliant in his eyes. He just needed to keep them away from animal blood so that they can't be around her without hurting and scaring her.

The two vampires arrived at the forest in no time thanks to their inhuman speed and they wasted no time before starting to hunt for animals that could provide them the much needed red substance. They were the only ones and they could finally act like they were supposed to, even if it's just for a while. After their meal, they went back to their place and the older felt the need to tell the younger what happened now that his mind wasn't that clouded with thirst anymore. "Yah Gyu-ah.. next time tell me when it's getting hard to hold back. You almost bit and hurt Lina!" Mingyu's eyes were almost twice the size when he heard what happened and he felt regret wash over him. The younger pulled out his phone as fast as he could to apologize to the girl in form of a message.

From: Mingyu
Hey Lina
I just wanted to say sorry for attacking you and I feel bad for doing so. I wasn't thinking straight and hope that you understand. If there is a way to make it up to you just tell me

A few weeks and meetings later the relationship between Lina and the vampires was just like before and it angered JR. He sent his four friends to spy on them to see when they would go hunting and he just waited for that day to come.
When it was time, the five boys changed into their wolf forms and made sure to scare away all the animals so that the two boys had no chance to feed. They tried again the next day but still no luck. It continued lile that for a while until Mingyu had to stay at home due to his lack of self-control in this thirsty state, making Wonwoo tell the teachers that he was sick. The older vampire still went to school, claiming that he was okay but Lina noticed that something was wrong. She felt the sudden need to accompany him during lunch break for a while and just watched the changes. His face looked paler and he seemed to be missing the strength to do tasks lile opening his water bottle. The female student also saw that his eyes changed to red more and more often, making her feel worried about him and being less scared of him. One day,  he looked even worse and when they stepped out on the rooftop, Wonwoo suddenly looked like he would just collapse so the girl steadied him by wrapping his arm around her shoulder and walking towards the wall. "Hey.. what's wrong? Are you sick?" She asked but there was no reply. All he did was stare at her neck which went unnoticed by the shorter girl at first. "Can you even hear me. Yah Wonw-" Then she noticed his gaze fixed on her neck and gulped once she realized what was going on. "H-how long have you been unable to feed?" Lina asked carefully before being roughly pushed against the wall. She wondered where his sudden strength came from but it didn't matter at the moment. "Too long." His voice sounded rougher and she thought that it was also deeper right now. Since when was she attracted to this tone? After thinking a bit she made a decision and hoped that she wouldn't regret it. "Just.. drink my blood. I don't want you to faint because of me being selfish." Lina almost whispered but the vampire heard it anyway and smirked. "Did you really think that I wouldn't do it if you said no?" The boy leaned closer to the soft skin on her neck and sniffed a bit. "But it's still nice to hear you saying it." Wonwoo the spot where the pulse was the strongest and the girl shivered and felt completely helpless in this position. She could only depend on his self-control and hope that he wouldn't drink too much. Before the younger could prepare herself, she felt his sharp fangs breaking her skin and it was just painful at first, making her hiss quietly. The boy almost moaned once he tasted the first drop of her blood that tasted heavenly and continued to make his thirst disappear. After a while, Lina felt a little bit light-headed and the pain turned into a strange feeling of pleasure that was new to her. How could being bitten feel that good?
Wonwoo felt like he had enough and pulled back a bit to the small wounds, healing them before that spot again and leaving a faint mark. "Just to let them know that you belong to us now." He said and wrapped his arms around her in a possessive way. "Us? Who do you mean? You and.. Mingyu?" Lina questioned and the vampire nodded in return. "Yes. We need to bring you to him because it's urgent. His state is getting worse and worse." Wonwoo explained and Lina grabbed her bag from the ground that fell without being noticed. What they noticed was the small stone laying next to the bag, shining brighter than before.

The vampire was confused by the item while the human girl was frozenon the spot. "What is that? Don't tell me.. that you are one of those who still use the stones to find their soulmate. What does the colour mean?" The older asked and looked at her questioningly. "Yes I am and the colour just tells me that I was right about one of you being my soulmate. Seems like you are the one, Wonwoo."
The said male didn't know what to say, so he just dragged her along while he went to his and Mingyu's shared apartment where the later was on the sofa and looked like a lifeless corpse. Lina didn't know how to act in this situation because Wonwoo was still able to bite her himself but Mingyu was to weak. The female looked at the oldest one helplessly and he just chuckled at her expression. "Give me your wrist, princess." Lina wanted to complain about the sudden nickname but she found herself obeying him and saw how he bit her for the second time but on a different spot. However, he didn't drink from it but held it over Mingyu's mouth that he opened slightly with the fingers of his other hand and let the blood drip into it until Mingyu gained enough strength to drink from her wrist himself. Soon, she felt dizzy and her surrounding seemed to spin around. Of course, Wonwoo noticed and pulled her wrist away from the younger vampire's mouth. "Enough." The older made Lina sit down slowly and lean her back against the sofa. Mingyu smiled down at her and patted her head. "Thanks for saving me, princess." Hearing the nickname again made her trying to look mad but she ended up pouting. "Yah I'm not a princess so stop calling me that!" The boys started laughing which deepened Lina's pout. "Sorry but the way you act fits that name so deal with it and listen to your Oppas." Wonwoo said, amused by her behaviour. Feeding off of her and finding out about being her soulmate kind of made him feel closer to the girl but he didn't mind one bit. "Speaking of Oppa.. how old are you by the way? And I mean your human age." The girl wanted to know and crossed her arms. She wouldn't give up until she knew that they were both older than her. "I'm 19, born in july, and this giant kid is 18, born in april." The shorter vampire explained. "Hah! I'm older than Mingyu and not that much younger than you, Wonwoo. I'm also 19 but born in January." Lina almost laughed at Mingyu who looked disappointed as he found out that he was younger when it came to human age.  "You brat should start calling me Oppa then or else I have to think of a punishment for every time you forget. Ask Mingyu, he can tell you how creative I am when it comes to punishing." Those words coming from the oldest made Mingyu look at the only girl worriedly. "You better listen to what he says. Hyung's punishments are no joke!" Lina gulped and nodded hurriedly and moving away a bit before regaining some of her confidence. "But I can call you Mingyu-ah~" the female said in a playful manner. Now it was the younger vampire's turn to pout and Lina had to admit that his lips looked really kissable this way. Wonwoo seemed to notice and a low growl came from him, making Lina shiver once again. She looked at her soulmate who didn't waste any time before cupping her face and kissing her without getting a response because the girl was too shocked. It took a while to slowly move and trying to copy him but it was just to difficult to keep up with his fast pace. The male realized that she was struggling -most probably because it was her first kiss- and slowed down, making it a sweet kiss. Just as Lina was starting to actually enjoy it, he pulled away with a smile on his face and caressed her cheeks. "You should have told me that you want to kiss imstead of looking at him like that. I'm your soulmate and I'm the one who deserves all your kisses and touches." Lina's brows furrowed in confusion. "But earlier you said ' you belong to us'. Doesn't that mean that Mingyu has the same rights as you?" She asked and looked at Mingyu who was a bit confused about the ongoing conversation. "What is she talking about, hyung?" Wonwoo groaned before showing a bit of his childish and possessive side. "But that was a while ago. Now I don't want to share anymore~" he whined and the female just shrugged. "Too bad~ now be a man and stay true to your words." "Is there anything that I can do to make you forget about what I said without using my powers?" The oldest pleaded and looked as cute as he could, making it difficult for her to resist. Lina sighed before thinking of something. "Fine. I'll act like it never happened if... you kiss Mingyu." She said and looked dead serious while the two males just looked at her in shock. "Wait what? You want me to kiss him? To kiss a boy?!" "What?! You want hyung to kiss me?! That's so weird!" The two replied at the same time and Lina just shrugged once more. "Do it or you'll have to share, Wonwoo." The said vampire smirked at the loss of a certain word before kissing his dongsaeng's cheek really fast. "Firstly, you didn't say where. And secondly, you forgot about something so YOU are about to be punished." The only female in the room slowly got up and took small steps towards the door but she found herself tackled to the floor into the blink of an eye and felt skilled fingers tickling her and making her laugh out loud. "Yahahahahaha oppahahaha stooopahahahah!" The girl tried to make him stop but she didn't succeed, the tickling intensified instead. In the background the younger boy's whining could be heard. "Hyung~ why are you going easy on her while making it harder for me~?" Wonwoo didn't stop and looked back at the other with a smirk. "Because you are a boy and not my soulmate." The last part caught the taller boy's interest and he slightly tilted his head? "I'm not your soulmate but who is?" He asked and got the answer immediately. "Lina is." Mingyu's mouth fell wide open and his gaze moved back and forth between the two on the floor, one tickling and the other being tickled and laughing nonstop. Somehow, they looked like a real couple like that to him and he pulled out his phone to take a picture once his hyung was focusing on Lina again. None of them noticed and they continued until Lina complained about how much it hurts already, earning a "weak" from Wonwoo who moved to sit down on the sofa. The older boy patted his lap and wanted her to sit on his lap but the girl just refused to do so and shook her head stubbornly. "Do I have to come and get you, princess?" Wonwoo said with his deepened voice that sent shivers down his spine and made her body move without being able to control it. It seemed like he was in total control of her and could do what he wanted. As soon as she sat down, the shorter of the two boys wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her close enough to rest his head on her shoulder. "You know.. tickling you is quite exhausting.. can I get a kiss to refill my energy, my pretty princess~?" Wonwoo said and made Lina cringe. "Oppa stop talking like that, it's weird!" She said but kissed his cheek anyway. Mingyu just watched them curiously and noticed the positive chemistry between them. "Hyung.. Lina.. when are you going to go on your first date as a couple?" He said and faked an innocent smile while he smirked in his mind. Teasing them will be a fun entertainment!
Both Wonwoo and Lina stared at Mingyu in shock before turning their heads towards each other. "Date? Couple?!" They both said at the same time before looking back at Mingyu. "Yes, a date as a couple. Come on, don't deny that there is something going on between the two of you. Ever since you found out that you are soulmates you've gotten closer and closer. I mean... look at her sitting on your lap, hyung. And I don't think that you would do that for anyone, right Lina? I bet that you are going to realize soon." Mingyu told them before getting up and walking to his room. The two that were left just watched him leave and then just sat there in silence, neither of them knowing what to say. What if Mingyu was right? But what would happen once their statuses changed from classmates to boyfriend and girlfriend? Wonwoo is a vampire after all and his kind usually dislikes humans so he might be looked down at. Would he be strong enough to ignore the hateful comments and possible teasing from his friends? And would Lina be strong enough to ignore the hate for dating one of the most popular guys at school or would they have to hide the possible relationship?
"So.. what does that makes us now?" Lina asked and stared at her fingers as if they were really interesting. Wonwoo didn't reply immediately and just hummed before tightening his grip on the girl. "I already said that you belong to us but now you are just mine and mine only, got it? I guess saying that you are my girlfriend would make it easier for others to understand, don't you think so too?" Lina thought about it for a second before her cheeks turned a light shade of red. "I do.. but wouldn't it make you my... b-boyfriend?" The female thought that it was weird to call a guy her boyfriend because she had been rejecting everyone until now. Wonwoo smirked at her shy behavior and leaned dangerously close until his lips were almost touching. Oh how badly he wanted to kiss her again but he had to hold back for a little bit more. "Yes, princess, that would make me your boyfriend. Your reaction tells me that I'm your first, am I right?" The vampire asked even though he already knew the answer but the male wanted her to confirm it. He didn't have to wait long before the girl answered with a whisper. "Yes, you are." Hearing that was enough for him and he closed the distance to claim her lips once more but this time he started off slowly to show her how it's done before slowly turning it more passionate. After a while, they ended up making out and it wasn't that obvious anymore that Lina was just a beginner when it came to kissing thanks to her soulmate.
At one point the two had to separate because of the human's lack of oxygen and the vampire used this chance to look at her face closely. How come that he never noticed the natural beauty? It made him happy that it was all his now and he started placing light kisses all over the girl's face which earned him a giggle from her.
Once the both of them thought that it was already late, Wonwoo suggested something and Lina didn't know what to think about it. "I think it's already too late. Do you want to stay here? I think that's the best option right now." Stay here with the two vampires? What if the older tried something weird while she was asleep?
It was as if the boy could read her mind -which she wasn't sure if he could but she would ask about his abilities later- because he shook his head and started laughing softly. "Don't worry, I'll choose the sofa, princess. Unless you want me to join you and show you some fun stuff what we could do~." He ended with wriggling his eyebrows and the girl's eyes widened, being almost twice the size. "F-fun stuff? Y-you mean things like playing games or cuddling right?" Wonwoo wanted to pinch her cheeks for being so adorable and innocent in this situation while his mind drifted into a completely different direction. "Hm.. cuddling sounds like a good idea but I have to look for a shirt and sweat pants that might fit you a little bit. It would be too uncomfortable to sleep in your uniform." After saying that, the vampire went to his room to look for the said clothes and Lina just followed him, sitting on his big, comfy bed while watching him. The taller handed her the clothes before walking towards the door. "I'll be guarding the door while you change. You just need to call me when you need help, okay?" The female student only nodded amd waited for him to leave before changing clothes as fast as she could and folding her uniform once she was done. Lina walked to the door and opened it slowly and almost made the male fall backwards because he had been leaning against it. "So.. it's your turn to change, right Oppa?" She asked and smiled which turned into a small pout when she noticed that he just shook his head. "I always sleep just wearing boxers so I don't need to change."

Lina was about to run out of the room but the boy wrapped his arms around her once more and just in time to stop her attempt to run away from him. “Aye I was just joking. I usually don’t sleep and just do something else in more comfortable clothes so yes, I need to change now. Would you mind waiting outside or do you prefer watching me while I undress?” Wonwoo only got a headshake in return and it made him remove his arms again to let her go and close the door behind her so that he could change in peace. Once he was done, he let the girl in again and they had a long and innocent cuddling session on his bed until the human fell asleep. The vampire spent the whole night with watching her which would have creeped her out if she were awake but fortunately she wasn’t.
Everyone was talking about how Mingyu, Wonwoo and Lina arrived at school together in the morning but they just acted normally. Wonwoo and Lina decided that it would be better to keep their relationship secret because Lina didn’t want to get in trouble right now for dating one of the most popular boys at school and Wonwoo agreed after seeing her beg and being desperate enough to do some aegyo which made him smile widely until it hurt.
As soon as the young girl entered the classroom, JR approached her and looked at her worriedly. “Where were you yesterday in the afternoon? Don’t tell me that they made you skip classes.” The female forced a smile and shook her head a bit. It was weird that this classmate talked to her all of a sudden and his worry made it even worse. Also, his tone in the end made it seem like he didn’t like the two vampires which didn’t go well with the human. “I was just not feeling well so I had to go home to rest a bit.” she lied, which she rarely did but in this situation it seemed reasonable to her. “Strange.. this basta- I mean this Wonwoo guy was missing too. Do you have any idea why?” JR wanted to know and watched her face closely to catch any hint to tell him that she was lying but there was none while she answered with a quiet “No I don’t” so he could only let it go for now. How is it even possible that the two vampires are back even though they weren’t able to catch anything and after seeing Wonwoo in a really bad state? For now he could only stay silent, watch them and come up with another plan.

All day, Lina’s mind was stuffed with thoughts and images of Wonwoo. The way he smiled at her when she opened her eyes in the morning. How disappointed he seemed when she told him that she didn’t want anyone to know. The way he bit his lip to hold back the smile whenever his hand brushed against hers while they were walking to school next to each other. How lovingly he was looking at her during lunch break when they were alone because Mingyu decided to give them some couple time.
The break was spent with feeding each other, hugs and stolen kisses that none of them minded and it seemed way to short for them because after a while the bell already rang again, making them run to class and being just a little bit late but late enough to get detention because the next lesson had to be with the strict teacher that didn’t like teenagers. The couple just bowed after apologising and went to their respective seats while the teacher continued to talk in a monotone way that made most of the students fall asleep on their tables.
After the last lesson, Wonwoo and Lina went to the detention room and sat down far away not to make it obvious that they belong together. Arriving late together already gained them some unwanted attention, at least to the human. The vampire couldn’t keep his eyes away from his girl and the latter noticed that of course, even sending him some warning looks from time to time but that didn’t help one bit.
This one hour of detention was pure torture to the older. All he wanted to do was to sit down next to her, hold her hand, kiss her –cheek, nose or lips.. it didn’t matter- and tell her how pretty she was but he knew that he couldn’t. No matter how ridiculous it seemed to him, he had to respect her decision if he didn’t want to lose her.
Wonwoo almost jumped up at the sound of the bell signalling the end of the school day and he couldn’t wait to get home. Before leaving first, he wrote a short message to Lina –he also got her number during lunch break- and hoped that the answer would be to his liking.

From: Wonwoo <3
Hey wanna come to my place? I’ll go first so that no one notices

Only a minute later, the screen of his phone lit up again.

From: Lina <3
Of course I want to, Oppa ^^ See you there