Someone Got Mad

It Was All Worth It

"Did you two fight over anything while you were away?" asked MYK.

"We did. But nothing too serious," said EunJ. "I always felt annoyed whenever he couldn't answer my calls or my SMS. I try sending him messages on SNS and even there, he doesn't answer."

"Most of the time, I'd be mad after I find news about her and ask her about it and she doesn't answer," said Shaun.

"It's amazing how Shaun had so much loyalty and trust in EunJ. Sometimes, when it's just us talking, I always ask myself why he's like that and he just says that he loves EunJ so much," said Sunbin.

"I remember asking EunJ once before if she's been talking to Shaun hyung and she couldn't answer," said Seungjae.

"Did you know what happened?" asked Daesung.

"No. I didn't know. But Marvel J told us back then that she's been acting weird for days before I even noticed it," said Seungjae.

"We once got into a fight that lasted for almost a week," said Shaun.

"Normally, we see Ji Eun on her phone, typing something. When she's on her phone for too long, we already know she's talking to Shaun. But there was one day at YG. We were recording with her. Normally, she never leaves her phone anywhere. But that day, she didn't even take it out of her bag," said Tukutz.

"We all thought it was all right," said Tablo. "Not until we saw her phone and Shaun was calling."

"And that was already around 2am when he called," said Mithra.

~

"Papa Tablo," said EunJ standing from her seat and stretching her arms. "I wanted to go to the cafeteria and get some coffee or something. Do you want anything?" she asked.

Bobby was also in the studio. They had a recording session earlier with Jay Park, Verbal Jint and Beenzino and he was the only left with them. He and stood up with EunJ. "I want to go with you noona," he said.

"Sure," said EunJ.

"I want a can of coffee, too, EunJ. I'll pay you once you get back," said Mithra.

"Nah. Don't worry. I got you guys covered," she said smiling. "We'll be back in no time," she continued walking to the door and opening it, Bobby following her.

"Will you be treating me, too, noona?" cooed Bobby as he closed the door behind him.

Epik High was still able to hear EunJ shout "I'll think about it" as they disappeared from the room. Tukutz shook his head in amusement. 

"Sometimes, I look at EunJ and be amazed at how beautiful of a woman she's grown into. But here she is, still showing us how childish she is when it comes to her dongsaengs," said Tukutz.

"Same here. She hasn't really changed," smiled Mithra.

"You know her when it comes to the Team B dongsaengs. She loves them like they were her own brothers. I guess she just likes the thought of having siblings which she doesn't have," said Tablo.

"The way the KOXX has treated her helped her in being more friendly, don't you think?" said Tukutz going back to the computer and clicking on the current sample they have.

Mithra sat on the sofa where Bobby and EunJ's bags were. He stretched his arms across and huffed. "Speaking of the KOXX, Ji Eun-ah hasn't been talking about them lately," he said.

"Well, Sunbin is busy with Life&Time so I guess he doesn't have that much time to spend with Ji Eun-ssi," said Tablo.

"How about Shaun? Have you heard anything about him from her?" asked Mithra.

At that moment, Tukutz removed his glasses and turned his seat around to look at his dongsaengs. "You know, I haven't noticed her look at her phone throughout our session earlier. I don't think she even took it out of her bag the whole day," he said.

"Well, maybe because Shaun is doing his duties?" said Tablo.

"No. That's impossible," said Mithra shaking his head.

"We had a recording earlier with Verbal Jint. We all know how much she looks up to him because of his songs. She would have already sent Shaun a message telling him all about it. She did the same when she first worked with The Quiett," said Tukutz.

"Did they fight or something? Maybe they're just both occupied," said Tablo leaning on the table.

"Maybe. But she doesn't have anything else to work on since her classes has already ended," said Mithra.

Suddenly, Mithra felt something vibrate beside him. It was coming from EunJ's bag. He looked at it then back to his hyungs. "I think it's her phone vibrating," he said not knowing what to do.

Tablo walked over and told him to get the phone and see who was calling. Mithra lifted her bag but didn't open it. Tablo reached for the front pocket and saw her phone right there, lights on, vibrating. He took it out and read the name calling.

"Shaun Kim Yoonho <3"

"It's him," said Tablo covering his mouth as he started to tremble nervously. "What if she suddenly walks back in?" he said.

Mithra placed EunJ's bag on the sofa. "Answer it," he said.

Tukutz stood up and looked over Tablo's shoulder to see the phone's screen. "Shaun Kim. Maybe he should think of using that as his moniker some day," he said.

"The heart emoji though," smiled Tablo. The call suddenly ended and showed the caller's details. "He hung up before we could answer. And look. He's been trying to call 15 times now," he said scrolling through the phone's call logs.

Mithra stood up and looked at the phone, too. "Maybe they really had an argument or something," he said. "Oh," exclaimed Mithra pointing at the screen. "Sunbin tried to call her as well."

"I wonder what they argued about to end up like this," said Tablo sadly. "Shaun should be sleeping right now and getting ready for his next duty."

Suddenly, the phone rang and it was Shaun calling again, for the 16th time. Tablo was surprised and almost dropped the phone. Tukutz reached from behind him and slid the answer button across. Mithra looked surprised as he turned to Tukutz. "Answer it," he whispered pushing the speaker button on.

But the two were unable to talk as they heard the man on the other line.

"JI EUN-AH. IF YOU DIDN'T ANSWER ANY SOONER, I'M STORMING INTO YOUR APARTMENT RIGHT NOW. I'M ALREADY DOING TOO MUCH EFFORT HERE FOR YOU TO NOT GIVE ME YOUR TIME. THIS AND OUR PRIDES. I'M SORRY ALREADY."

"Uhmm..." Tablo tried to say meekly.

"LOOK. I'M SORRY FOR BEING JEALOUS OF SEUNGJAE, OF ZICO, OF LOCO, OF JAY PARK, OF THAT KANTO GUY AND WHOEVER ELSE IS BEING SHIPPED WITH YOU. I JUST WANTED TO HEAR IT FROM YOU, OKAY?! IS IT WRONG TO MISS YOU?! IS IT WRONG TO ASK FROM THE WOMAN I LOVE THE ASSURANCE THAT SHE STILL FEELS THE SAME WAY FOR ME?! I'M SORRY IF I'M BEING TO PROTECTIVE OR WHATEVER. I RESPECT THAT YOU LIKE BEING INDEPENDENT BUT HEAR ME OUT, AHN JI EUN. I LOVE YOU AND I WANT YOU ALL TO MYSELF SO YES, I WILL BE POSSESSIVE TOWARDS YOU. I WOULDN'T BE LIKE THIS IF I WASN'T AWAY FROM YOU, YOU KNOW. DO YOU  THINK THIS IS EASY FOR ME?! NO. THINKING THAT EVERY MOMENT I SPEND HERE IS ALSO A MINUTE FOR OTHER MEN TO SWARM OVER YOU?! THAT'S NOT EASY. IT WILL NEVER BE. SO PLEASE. TALK TO ME."

The three men looked at each other as Shaun ranted over the phone. He sounded mad and half-screamed over the phone. But it was evident he was trying to keep his cool.

"AHN JI EUN. ARE YOU EVEN THERE?!"

"Uhm..," started Tablo. "Shaunnierang... This isn't Ji Eun-ah."

There was silence from the other line. Another minute passed and he spoke once more.

"Who is this? Where is Ji Eun-ah?"

"It's us. Epik High," said Tablo.

"E-Ep... Tablo hyung? Are you... Where's Ji Eun?!"

"We were recording with Ji Eun earlier and she stepped out to buy some snacks because we're still not finished. She'll be back," said Tablo.

"Oh... I... I'm sorry about that. You heard me scream at her. I'm sorry hyung."

"It's fine, Shaun."

"No. It's not fine hyung. She hasn't been talking to me for 3 days now. She hasn't answered my calls. She even shut her phone the other day. Even Sunbin hyung couldn't contact her. I guess, I'm just happy she was with you all this time. I tried calling more than 10 times today."

"Yeah. We saw the logs."

"It's just... Everything is so stressful. I was hoping she could understand that I'm not finding it easy being away from her. I just act like I don't because I have to concentrate here. You know the life here."

"Yeah. We've been there," said Tukutz.

"I can go out but it's like life is playing a big joke on us and doesn't want us to meet each other. Like... it, right?"

"Yeah. life."

"I mean... I'm not really jealous with those people. I know what her relationship with them is. What actually hurts is her not caring about how hurt I feel. Is she really like that now? Has she become so inconsiderate? She wasn't like that before."

"No. She isn't inconsiderate at all, Shaun. She's still the same. Maybe you just got on one of her bad days. You know..."

"I wish that really is the case."

"Don't worry. You'll be able to fix this."

"Will she be back soon, hyung? Can you tell her to call me back?"

"We could try."

The door to the studio opened and EunJ walked in saying with a smile, "I met Teddy sunbae at the cafeteria and he said you owe him not me. And Bobby called B.I and Mino oppa." She looked at the three men who stood frozen as they stared at her. She raised both eyebrows at them as she laid the drinks at the table near the computer. She saw them holding a phone and commented if they were still going to record something but they didn't answer. She heard some whispering, probably coming from the phone. She looked at the sofa and saw that her bag was open. She heard the voice again.

"Hyung... Is that her?"

Tablo coughed and awkwardly stepped towards EunJ. The girl sneered as she realized what was happening. "Is that my phone?" she asked. No one answered. "Is that Shaun?" she asked again.

"I felt it vibrate when I sat on the sofa. We thought it was important and answered it. We're sorry," said Mithra taking the phone from Tablo and handing it over to her.

EunJ saw the screen and the time was running. He's been on the phone for a while now. She just stared at it and contemplated if she should answer.

"Hyung? Tablo hyung? Are you still there?"

Tukutz sat on his seat once again and faced the computer. Tablo and Mithra looked at each other and sighed. "We can leave you to talk to him," said Tablo. "You can enter the booth so you 're sure no one would hear you."

"I'd get into the booth," said EunJ.

She walked towards the booth and closed the door. Tablo put his phone near the speaker and told Tukutz to follow him. Before Tukutz stood up, he pulled his phone out of his pocket which was ringing. It said "Daniel Lee" on the ID. He had to stop and look at Tablo before following the two out of the room.

Once they closed the door, Tukutz grabbed Tablo's shoulder and pulled him to look at his phone. "What does this mean?!" he asked.

"Answer it. Hurry," said Tablo excitingly.

Tukutz did as he was told and put it against his ear. He gave Tablo a weird look as he heard nothing from the other line. "What is this? Didn't you leave your phone at the computer?" he asked slowly losing pace. "Beside... the... speaker..."

"Don't tell me you turned the microphone and speaker on?" said Mithra.

"Uh-huh. Did it as fast as I can," said Tablo excitingly. "Now, put it on speaker. Let's see what Ji Eun says."

Tukutz turned the speaker on. But nothing came through. A few more minutes passed and there was nothing. "Are you sure you turned the speaker on?" asked Tukutz. Tablo was about answer when EunJ started to speak.

"I'm sorry as well, oppa. I didn't mean to tell you those things. I was just...stressed. Are you mad?"

The three looked at each other and waited some more.

"I love you, Shaun. I just really wish you were back here because everyday gets harder without you. I'm sorry for avoiding you. Let's try to always communicate until you come back, okay? And please oppa, don't be jealous of names you see online. I have no other man in my heart but you."