A Reunion

It Was All Worth It

The other boys have started to come out of the waiting rooms and stood in front of the white room. They were watching Shaun as he answered questions from the hosts.

"You took leaves during your service, right?" asked MYK.

"I did," answered Shaun.

"Then why didn't you meet up with Ji Eun during those times?" asked King MCK.

"Because it was either she was busy or I was doing something else," answered Shaun.

"That's not an excuse," said King MCK.

"You have the nerve to join Club The A as a DJ but you weren't able to go on dates with EunJ?!" said Vandal Rock pointing at him.

"That wasn't my fault! You and Type C hyung put my name on the internship!" said Shaun standing up with a smile.

"Did we do that?!" said Vandal Rock looking back at the audience building behind him.

" you, Kim Yoonho!" shouted Type C happily with both his middle fingers up.

"It feels like he's in a police station being interrogated for a crime," said Naru laughing beside Jinsil.

"It really feels that way," said Shaun laughing, sitting back down. "Why are you guys even here?" asked Shaun pointing at Rockbottom.

"Type C hyung told us to go here," said Kidoh.

"We want to see you cry," answered Sunghyun laughing then doing a high-five with Supreme Boi.

"I wanted to see that, too," said King MCK standing up then doing a high-five with the two of them. "I like these kids. Who's a DJ in your crew?" he asked. Everyone pointed at Type C and Hashmate. "Let's talk after this," he said pointing at Hashmate.

"Let's get back to the interrogations then," said Vandal Rock.

"You ing became a hot DJ but you couldn't spend an hour with your girlfriend for dinner?! What the ing kind of boyfriend are you?" said King MCK before sitting back on his seat.

Shaun was smiling as everyone else laughed. "Shut up," said Shaun as he raised a middle finger at King MCK.

~

"Where is Ji Eun right now?" asked Shaun.

"She's in Busan. She said she needed to do something there," said Sunbin.

"I remember when you first had a leave, she was also at Busan," said Hyunsong.

"But wasn't that for a fanmeeting?" said Sooryun. 

"It was," answered Sunbin. "Then she'll be releasing a new song next month. She'll be at KCON in America on July. And I think she'll be part of that variety show YG is going to release about their rookies. Illionaire has invited her to some of their concerts by September. She's doing collaborations with a lot of rappers, too. I think she's going to perform at Speakshow as well," he continued. 

"Full schedule," said Sooryun.

"When are you going to start at Club The A?" Hyunsong asked Shaun.

"I don't know. I wanted to. It is only a weekend post. I can go back and forth from the camp to the club. Aish. I really have Vandal Rock hyung to blame for putting me into this," said Shaun shaking his head.

"You love the synthesizers and are good in EDM. That's a way for you to improve," said Hyunsong.

"I'm just thinking if I could handle everything. Work, service, the club, Ji Eun," answered.

"Always thinking about her," said Saron.

"After June, I'm going to have more free time outside of camp and I was hoping to finally be with her at least once or twice a month," said Shaun.

"Based on her schedule, that would be impossible," said Sunbin.

"Isn't it surprising that whenever you're free, she's not around?" asked Sooryun.

"Are you implying something, Sooryun?" said Saron raising an eyebrow at him.

"I am implying nothing. But don't you ever even wonder why you two don't see each other?" said Sooryun folding his arms on the table they were drinking at.

It was the first time that they were all together after being in hiatus. Sooryun and Hyunsong were soon going off for their own enlistment in a week. Saron would be rendering his enlistment next year. Sunbin still had to finish his courses at the university. It was all planned out.

"It's just normal for the two to not see each other anymore as often as before. Shaunnierang is in the army. Ji Eun-ah is already a rising star. They'll always be busy to have time for each other, even if Shaun wasn't in service," said Hyunsong.

"What if Ji Eun already fell for someone else?" asked Shaun putting his drink down not looking at any of his hyungs.

"That's impossible," said Sunbin as he aggressively put his own glass down on the table in front of them. Sooryun, who was leaning his head on the table, immediately pulled his head up and gasped. "Sorry about that," said Sunbin.

"No need to get mad," said Sooryun smiling. "Shaun should be the one reacting like that."

"I just.. I just remembered something," said Sunbin.

"What's that?" asked Hyunsong.

"We caught someone flirting with Ji Eun last month," said Saron.

"You said what?" reacted Shaun almost in a scream.

"Someone tried to hit on her last month at a show. Me and Saron went to watch since we were invited by Born Kim-ssi," said Sunbin.

"What happened?!" shouted Shaun slamming on the table.

"Nothing happened. The guy saw Ji Eun standing near the door backstage after the show at AX Hall. You know, Ji Eun's usually with a blank expression. She was wearing jeans but her shirt was sort of revealing. The cleavage was too low," said Saron.

"But she had a jacket with her," said Sunbin when he saw Shaun eye Saron badly at the mention of "cleavage".

"So yeah. We were watching from the back with the other rappers and when people started to walk out, we stood aside, looking for Ji Eun. We saw her talking to these three guys," said Saron.

"Ji Eun is such a friendly girl. But we saw her face turn awkward as she spoke with them," said Sunbin.

"We were thinking the guys didn't know she was EunJ because she was wearing her glasses and no one was around her," said Saron.

"Like she was some in the streets?" said Sooryun as he poured himself a drink. Shaun glared at him for making the comparison with Ji Eun. "It's just a comparison," said Sooryun not looking at his dongsaeng who almost wanted to strangle him.

"Anyway, the guys kept on talking to her. We saw Ji Eun take a step away but the men blocked her way. We were about to help her out but suddenly she hits this one guy right across the cheek. We froze. That was the first time we saw her hit anyone that hard," said Sunbin.

"She wasn't like that before?" said Shaun tilting his head.

"Imagine a life around underground rappers and people from the hiphop scene. You'll adapt to the lifestyle sooner or later," said Hyunsong.

"So we ran to her. I took her arm and tried to pull her away. But then Simon D-ssi showed up, shouting," said Sunbin.

"And it's as if the men saw a monster or something, they immediately scrambled away," said Saron.

"Simon D-ssi is really something," said Hyunsong.

"But see? If people who don't know her, fall for her, flirt with her, how much more will people who do?" said Sunbin.

"Are you saying that someone already hit on her?" asked Shaun.

"Of course not," said Sunbin. "But there have been rumors that someone from the hiphop scene has been trying to hit on her. Which is not impossible," he continued.

"Like who?" asked Shaun.

"Do you really want to drop names?" said Saron.

"Well, at least, make me know who I'm up against," said Shaun smiling, the alcohol slowly getting to him.

"Jay Park," said Hyunsong. Everyone looked at him. Shaun's mouth half-open. "Simon D has been spending a lot of time with that group and it's obvious Jay Park's been looking at Ji Eun, from head to toe, if you know what I mean," he continued to say with a smirk on his face.

"She can't like that guy," said Shaun sitting back confidently. "The guy's a midget, like literally."

"I heard from Born Kim that a rapper from Buckwilds has a crush on Ji Eun. I think he's called Louie or is it that Andup guy?" asked Sunbin.

"Everyone from Buckwilds has a crush on Ji Eun," smiled Sooryun.

"Even Uglyduck likes her," said Hyunsong.

"We're hearing another name but we don't know who he is yet. Kid Ash, I think he's called," said Sunbin.

"Where do you even get your names, hyung?" asked Shaun.

"You'll know a lot if you stay close to Epik High and some of the DJs doing hiphop," said Sunbin.