Of Cake and Daisies

You're my Blossom
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What if they don't like it?" 

"I think they're polite enough to pretend to like it even if they don't, so really we'll never know, and ignorance, dear friend, is bliss." Mingyu said pointedly as Chan looked down at their weak attempt at a pineapple turnover. Seokmin had suggested they do something in return for the lovely daffodils given to them and Soonyoung, the brilliant mind that he was, gave the idea of perhaps making a cake! 

"Everyone loves cake! Really, how hard can making one be?" 

Quite hard, was the answer. Mingyu had found a recipe online and insisted that all of them help out. After 5 hours of wrestling with the mixer they had unearthed from  Dino's kitchen as well as arguing about whether or not baking soda could be a good substitute for baking powder (they found out the hard way that it indeed, was not), they came out with a slightly lopsided pineapple cake with a cream smiley face on top. They stood just at the entrance of their parlor, frowning at the cake before Jun let out an impatient groan. "Well, there's nothing we can do now. Let's go!" He pushed Dino out the store before dragging the rest of them out as well. 

It was a good half minute walk before they arrived at the quaint flower shop beside them. Jeonghan swallowed thickly, looking up at the soft blue sign that read "Bloomings", the 'i' dotted with a cute daisy. "I don't think they're open yet." Hansol pointed out, peering through the glass door. Seokmin checked his watch before blowing out some air. "Well they should be here any minute now." He mumbled, turning around only to stop at the sight of a scowling pink-haired boy. The seven heavily tattooed men stood in silence as the short boy sized them up, a pale yellow apron hanging from his neck and a sunflower pot in his arms. 

The sight would have been rather comical because of the heavy irony that accompanied it, but this boy's scowl was no joke. 

"Are you trying to break in?" He asked bluntly, narrowing his eyes in suspicion. Dino's own widened in return, nearly dropping the cake in surprise. "What? No! Of-of course not!" He sputtered, pushing Jeonghan towards Jihoon for him to explain. Jihoon remained unfazed as the seven men before him rambled out explanations that he lost interest by the middle of it. He let out a sigh before shifting the sunflower pot to the side and digging through his pockets for his keys. "Well if you are, take the forget-me-nots. Seungcheol's been trying to get rid of them for days." He said before unlocking the door and letting himself in, leaving the door open for them to follow. Jeonghan perked at the mention of the shop manager (embarassingly so), clearing his throat and gesturing for the boys to follow him in. 

"We made a cake." Hansol blurted out. Jihoon turned to them and raised a brow. 

"Good for you?" 

"No! I mean... The cakes for you." Hansol added much to Jihoon's amusement. "For me?" 

"Well it looks like I was wrong, it seems he didn't like you as much as we thought, Jisoo-hyung." They all turned to the deep voice by the door, finding Wonwoo (and a very pink Jisoo) picking up their aprons from the hook on the wall. "Not when he's making Jihoon-hyung cakes." 

"Shut-up, Wonwoo."

"Wha? N-No, I meant it's for... for all of you, I just-" 

"Oh, I didn't know we were having people over." Jihoon grinned as Minghao walked in, fiddling with the tie of his ribbon. "And I heard cake." He added with a clap of his hands, forgoeing the task of tieing his ribbon and making a beeline towards Dino. Dino brightened at the mention, handing the cake over to Minghao with a friendly smile. "It's pineapple." He offered as Minghao let out a small sound of amazement. And just like that, the mood seemed to lighten as they eased themselves into timid introductions. This continued for a few more moments till the bell ontop of their door signalled another arrival. 

Jeonghan hated how he hoped to see a mop of black hair and c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter