YOONHYUN: My One And Only

Stay Loyal To The Royal! Season 1 (SNSD & FX)

Seohyun’s POV

“Hyunie, I’m back~!” I was stretching my back when the door suddenly flung open and revealed a doe-eyed guy. “Yoona, how many times do I have to tell you that knock first before barging in someone’s room?!” I said as I put my hand over my chest. “Hehe, sorry Hyunnie. Anyway, I just got some good news from the entertainment company!” He sticks out his tongue which made me rolled my eyes at him.

“What is it?” He came closer to me and showed a paper of a contract. I took the paper and read. “2 months contract … Blanc & Eclare … model … Tiffany Hwang.” After reading it twice, I put down the paper and looked at him. “So you’re going to have two months collaboration with Tiffany Hwang at Blanc & Eclare’s fashion line magazine? Well, that’s pretty good news … though that means you’re going to be busy with other girls again.” My last sentence was almost like a whisper so Yoona didn’t hear it.

“I know, alright! But I still didn’t sign it, because I’m waiting for your approval.” He scratched the back of his neck. He’s eyes are shining in excitement that it made me sighed heavily. “You know that you don’t have to, right? I may be your manager, but that doesn’t mean that I’m holding everything about your schedules and appointments, and even the things you want, that you’re supposed to get my approval to it. And FYI, I know that you always want to have collaboration with that Hwang.” He pouted and took the paper.

“I know, but still … I want you to know it first before agreeing, after all … you’re the one who I always trust and depend on, right?” I sighed once again, and reached out to pat his head. “Fine.” He smiled and kissed my cheek. “I’ll sign it now, okay? I’ll just get something to eat. I’ll be back, don’t go anywhere, Seohyun!” He reached out to open the door and leaved. “Thankfully, he goes out before he can see me blushing. I sighed.

“If only you know how much I love you, Yoong. Maybe you’ll notice that I’m jealous.”

Yoona’s POV

Coffee, potato chips, hamburgers … ‘No wait, erase the hamburgers. I don’t want her to scold me again about eating the deadly hamburgers.’ … and some packed gogumas. “Okay, everything’s here!” I carried all the foods back to the studio. While walking at the streets, I can feel eyes over me. ‘Well, what do you expect, Yoong? You’re a star so stop whining.’

I didn’t knock but I made sure that I wouldn’t startle her again. I was so happy while going inside that I greeted loudly, and didn’t notice Seohyun was already sleeping. “Oops! Sorry Hyunnie.” I carefully closed the door and walked closer to her side. I was fully stunned to see a gorgeous girl, sleeping silently.

“You’re so cute, Hyunnie. If only I’ve become brave and confess to you first before starting this type of career, maybe we’re together as a couple now, not a manager and a star. I love you Juhyun, you’re my one and only. I hope you feel the same. And I also hope that one day ... we’ll become a couple.” I brushed away the strands of hair that covers her beautiful face. “Maybe I’ll wait for you to wake up first, huh?” I put down all the foods, and lie back at the chair beside her, and play some games at my phone.

“She loves me, she loves me not, whatever happens, you’re still the only one~!” I silently sung as I wait for Seohyun to wake up. The cool air coming from the open window made me frown a little. ‘It’s pretty refreshing, but too cold let her feel it with her bare arms.’ I stood up and took the jacket I used earlier, and put it over Juhyun.

“I guess I’ll just let you sleep, huh? Well, sweet dreams, Hyunnie.” I quickly kissed her cheek before settling up myself to just seat beside her, and look at her sleeping figure. “Even with just this, I’m already happy.” I just smiled while staring at her. Unknown to me, a smile slowly crept out at Juhyun’s lips.

Three days later…

“Seohyun, did I made the right choice to accept this? I’m kind of nervous, you know?” I kept on fidgeting at my seat. Seohyun was completely calm so I guess everything is … okay? I can’t help it. I’m totally nervous yet so excited.

“Mr. Im and Manager Seo, everything is ready, let’s get started. All designers and make-up artist, start changing Ms. Hwang and Mr. Im, NOW! You all have ten minutes to finish, and we’ll have total of five minutes for every break, okay?” All the staff nodded at what the main photographer said.

I know what you’re thinking. Yeah … I’m inside the setting for the photo shoot, and now I am currently being dragged inside the dressing room. Juhyun was just beside me while I’m being arranged, and organized by the stylists.

The first shots were pretty easy and nice. Tiffany-shi was easy to work with. But our last shot, which is the fifth one, was a little kind of intimidating for we had too many skin-ships. Well, it’s not that I’m attracted to my co-partner, but it’s kind of awkward and scary for me, because; FIRST, my manager and the person I secretly love, Juhyun, is giving me a stoic face and cold stares everytime I tried to look at her with a smile, and SECOND, I felt a very intense stare, or more like glare at my side, but whenever I tried to look around, I cannot seem to find it.

“Okay, that’s a wrap. Thank you everyone!” Our main photographer said as he bowed kindly to everyone. ‘Well how do you know? He seems to be serious when we’re in working hours but a total polite guy when everything is finished. A true professional photographer indeed! ’ I smiled, and walk over to Tiffany-noona and her … PA I guess? “Hey, uh … the photo shoot was pretty cool, and I kind of expecting a much more interesting collaboration with you next time, Tiffany-noona.” I innocently said. I bowed 900 degrees at them to show my full respect.

She showed her beautiful eye-smile and also bowed at me. “Me too, thanks for today. I also hope for more with you, Yoona. You’re one of the top idols this year, after all, hehe.” We then both did a shake hands with each other. I then felt the cold glares again. I looked around, and was scared when I stopped my gaze at Tiffany’s PA. ‘Is this guy, the one who’s giving me this cold stares all this time?! Oh my God, it’s so scary, I wanna go home!’

“AHH!” The guy yelled in pain. Someone suddenly pinched his side, hard. I looked over and saw the holder of the contract, Jessica Jung, the owner of the fashion line Blanc & Eclare. She does both look gorgeous and bloodcurdling at the same time, thanks to her beautiful yet cold facial features.

She whispered something at the guy’s ear that I somehow managed to hear and understand. “You’re being obvious you freak’n midget. Stop your glares and don’t let yourself be swallowed by jealousy, Taeyeon! It’s for you and Tiffany’s sake.” After that, Jessica looked up to me with a smile while Tiffany is secretly held Taeyeon’s, his name I guess, arm while the latter  kept on sighing heavily.

I chuckled. ‘I guess this two has something going on. Well, their lucky even if they kept it as a secret to everyone … unlike me, who’s a complete timid type of guy. Not being in that kind of relationship is already hard to carry, then what it is when the time comes I am able to make her mine right?’

They looked at me in confusion so I explained, “Sorry if it may offend you, but I unintentionally heard what Jessica-shi whispered to you, Taeyeon-hyung.” They were shocked at the statement but I added, “But don’t worry, your secret is safe with me, though I’m kind of jealous with you two.” I smiled weakly. They seemed to notice the gloomy atmosphere around me, because I felt a pat over my shoulder.

“Hey, I’m sorry about earlier. It looks like you’re trust worthy after all, and thanks by the way.” Taeyeon-hyung said with an innocent smile. Then Tiffany, “Looks like something is bothering you, mind to tell us even a little so we might be able to help you out?” Jessica also added, “If we can trust you, then it’s the same with us so feel free to open up.” I nodded. Jessica-noona and Tiffany-noona held each of my arms.

We all go inside the dressing room, though it’s more like they’re dragging and pushing me, and I intentionally didn’t talk to Seohyun since she’s busy talking to our photographer. Once we closed the door, and took a seat, I breathe in and breathe out loudly to calm myself first. I started, “Okay, before telling you the story, I want to thank you guys first.” They all just smiled to me and waited.

“So the thing is, I’m in love with my manager, to be honest … I already love her since grade school, and each year that passed by, it only grew bigger. But then I can’t make her mine if not because of our dream. Seohyun loves to read novels and also made ones, while I have a strong passion when it comes on being famous, being an idol, but because of that … I must sacrifice my feelings in exchange of mine, and her dream. I am happy though, because at least she willingly became my manager.”

“I really want to tell her my true feelings, but I’m scared of the things that might happen after that. It both could have a bad result. If she accepts me, we must face a hard time with the media and the public, but if she rejects me, I don’t know if I can take it especially … it will also cost the friendship we build for so many years. I both don’t want that to happen, I-I just can’t.” I unconsciously started to tear up. “Y-Yoona, you’re crying!” Tiffany suddenly yelled and rushed over to comfort me, and so is Jessica-unnie.

Taeyeon-hyung also came closer to comfort me by patting my head lightly. “Did you two hear it?” I, Tiffany, and Taeyeon were surprised on what Jessica blurted out. We all looked at the door which was slightly opened, good for a person to peek or listen inside. I was more surprised to see that Seohyun was one of the two said person. ‘Did she heard what I’m saying earlier?! Oh no, what am I supposed to do?!’

“Y-Yoong…” Her voice cracked as she calls my name. “I guess we have to leave you two for a while. Yah, Tiffany, Taeyeon, let’s go now. There’s something I want you guys to do for me, and none of you can reject me.” Jessica used her cold tone to the couple, but before she goes out of the room, she looked back at me, mouthed a ‘Fighting!’, and winked at me. I slightly nod, and mouthed a ‘Thank you’.

When the three disappear, the last one remaining person other than me and Seohyun, which is the photographer earlier, laughed awkwardly and said, “Hehe, I-I guess I’ll be g-going too. And good l-luck, Im Choding! Take your girl already. She’s a t-treasure!” Then suddenly, a hand appeared and grabbed the guy’s ear, pulling it roughly. “Hyoyeon stop pestering the two and go over here! You’re also coming with us, so don’t bother them with your completely turn-down antics!” I heard Jessica’s angry voice which momentarily gave chills over my body.

When they’re all gone, Seohyun came closer, and sat beside me. There was a good five minutes of totally awkward silence, but then I put up all my courage and cleared my throat. “J-Juhyun…” I tried not to stutter but it was a total fail. ‘Okay, man up Yoona, you gotta do this! It’s now or never!’

I slowly grabbed Seohyun’s hand, and gently caresses it. She then shot a look at me. Those eyes of her are so intimidating that it always captivated my poor heart that had fallen hard to her. I smiled at her, and so did she. “So, Juhyun … you heard our conversation earlier, right? Well the thing is … it’s all true. I really love you even before we achieved our dreams, and before we even set foot at our middle school. I always hide my feelings for you, because I’m scared that you might leave me if I did.”

“I don’t want that to happen so I just let myself become martyr, and choose the path where it hurts.” She stopped my hand from caressing hers, and held it tightly instead. “Do you still remember the time we’re playing at the park when someone suddenly bullied you, and I was the one who saved you, though I was beaten up pretty bad in the end?” She stared at my eyes and nodded.

Seohyun’s POV

(Flashback, thirteen years ago…)

I was reading my Korean-Sub Manga of Sergeant Keroro, at an animal designed bench. Yoong was playing with other kids since I told him that I don’t want anyone to disturb me. It was calm and silent when someone just suddenly grabbed my book and threw it hard at the ground. Instead of being angry, I’m scared instead. There it is again, the bullies of the playground.

“Nice to see you again, nerd freak!”, “Yeah, how was your day today, huh, frog creep?”, “Bookworm!”, “Creep!”, “Crybaby!” All of them just bombard harsh words at me while I just helplessly cry … alone. But everyone was surprised when the biggest among the bullies was pushed down on the ground. The others were alert and start attacking the kid who pushed the said bully. I can’t see who the person is because of my tears.

“Go away, and never ever bother us again!” I heard the kid yelled at the bullies as they run away from the boy. I also heard some of them crying and whining. “Hey Hyunnie, everything’s okay now so don’t cry anymore.” The boy used his hand, and gently raised my head up. I was surprised to see Yoona smiling at me. His face is full of bruise and cuts, even his lips are bleeding, and some parts of his cheeks are turning purple. “Yoong…” I hugged him, and buried my face at the crook of his neck. “Thank you.”

“Nah, it’s nothing as long as you’re fine.” He pats my back as he continued to comfort me. Hours passed and playtime is already over, and all the parents were taking their children home. Me, and Yoona are still waiting for our parents.

“Your mom will definitely scold you.” I said, He only laughed at me and replied, “Don’t worry. I know she won’t if I told her it’s because of you. Anyway, if those bullies bothered you again, just call me and I’ll save you. I’ll be your one and only knight and shining armor, promise?” He showed up his pinkie. I entangled my pinkie to his and chanted the pinkie promise song.

After that day, nobody tried to bully me again, because I got my protector … my one and only Im Yoona.

(End of flashback…)

“That time, I was really angry and worried about you so I didn’t think twice and just barged into the scene. But after that day, I also found something about myself after I saved you.” He looked at my eyes, and sincerely said, “I have found out that you’re so important to me that I don’t want to see you get hurt or cry. I will wish to be the one who’s hurt instead. I would sometimes lie to you when you’ll saw me with a bruise around my face, because the truth is … I’m having a fight with either you’re bullies or you’re suitors.”

“Two years after my promise to you, I finally have said to myself the truth about my feelings to you. Those jealousy, anger, sadness, and loneliness that I felt when you’re not around or is with other people and was hurt or crying, the happiness, excitement, and ecstasy feelings when you’re with me, and the tingling, unexplainable, and sparkly feeling that always made my heart beat so fast, and my stomach do many backflips, just because of a little skin ship or a kiss on the cheek.“

“You’re always manipulating my little heart, even with just an innocent gestures and acts. All of that is because … I love you, Juhyun. If I can’t have you in this life, then maybe I can in the next one. I will never find another girl to replace you, because you’re the one and only for me and my heart.” I can’t stop myself from crying at Yoong’s sincere confession. ‘So we felt the same after all.’

I hugged him tight and said, “I … love you too. I get jealous whenever you’re with other girls too, and I also want to be with you if I can, Yoong!” I don’t feel him hugging me back so I raised my head, only to see a fully wide eyes and mouth completely open. ‘It’s cute by the way. He looks like an alligator and at the same time, a deer.’

Yoona was shocked at what I said and he looks like he’s going to be mute for a while … I guess. The silence which seems to be longer than a minute now was finally ended with a guy jumping around the room like a kid and shouting, “Woohhh!!! She loves me too!!! SEO JUHYUN LOVES ME TOO!!!” I sighed, ‘How did I fall to a kid like him?’

I was still talking to myself when someone pulled my hand, and all of a sudden … kissed my lips. It was so short, but I can still feel the love inside that kiss. I then looked at guy who’s grinning widely at me. Yoona hugged me, and spanned me around the room until he felt so dizzy and tipsy. “I love you, Hyunnie~!” I sighed and smiled. “I love you too, Yoongie. I guess you’re also one of the most important things to me.” His smile immediately disappeared, and was replaced with a confused one.

“One of the? I thought it’s only me, what are the others?” I giggled and pressed his nosed. “Yah, don’t worry! I might still pick you the most than them, so stop sulking.” He grabbed my hand and stared at my eyes. “I will if you tell me who they are first.” I guess he’s serious now. “Well, he’s green, a hero of the day, and is so cute! And the other one is something so delicious, and will always be the one I’m going to crave for!” With that, I get out from his grip and rushed out from the room, leaving a dumbfounded doe-eyed guy inside.

“What the … yah! SEO JUHYUN, JUST TELL WHO THEY ARE!!!” I heard him yelled inside. I only laughed at him when someone cleared its throat. I turned around and saw Jessica-unnie crossing her arms, while Hyoyeon-oppa, Tiffany-unnie, and Taeyeon-oppa were either grinning or smiling at me. “I guess you two are finally together?” I don’t know but I just lowered my head and nodded. I waited for any sermon, but got nothing so I raised my head and just saw them smiling at me and yelled, “Congratulations! Now we got a new couple, let’s give them a welcoming party tonight, what do you guys say?!”

Jessica-unnie suggested and everyone nodded their head furiously. ‘Okay … it’s kind of weird, but just a little.’ “Okay guys let’s go! Let’s invite KryBer, SooSun, and also Krystal’s friends, the LunSul couple, agree?!” And they continued to talk about the party, completely leaving me and Yoong’s decision about it.

“We’re finally a couple, huh? I guess this is the beginning of a much bigger obstacle for me. But I think I won’t be alone in this anyway so I don’t have to worry, right?”, “Yep, you’re not alone in this, because you got me! We’re going to face this challenge together, Hyunnie!” I was surprised first but then I relaxed my body as he put his arm around my neck. We started fleeing the place with our body close to each other.

“Yeah, together ... Oh but have you guess it already?” He blinked his eyes for a second then answered, “It’s Sergeant Keroro and gogumas, right?” I only smile and gave him a surprise kiss, on the lips. “You’re right, and that is you’re price for giving the right answer!” He just grinned at that, and pulled me much closer to him.

We continue to walk, each other’s arms are clinging at each other, bodies are so close to one another, and faces are flushing red at the lovely atmosphere that is emitting around us.

‘I love you, my one and only deer-alligator … Yoongie~!’