Chapter Three

Do You Believe In Love?

 

"So there's this one time" In Guk let out an evil chuckle before continuing "she was so drunk that she d-"

 

Sunny startled at In Guk's sudden reveal on her drinking habits "-ouiii!!!". She quickly cut off In Guk in embarrassment by covering his mouth with her hand.

 

In Guk shifted his head off her grip and continued. The rest of the casts gleefully anticipated what he is about to say next. "She-"

 

"I said stoppp!" Sunny tiptoed to reach his height and tried to stop him to revealing her embarrassing habits. In Guk dodged and dodged her following series of attacks while Sunny helplessly struggled to keep his mouth shut. The casts laughed at their scuffle while waiting for the crews to get the set ready.

 

"Everyone has their own fair share of drinking habits. There's no good from making fun of someone's habits." Hyomin calmly spook in her usual soft manner as she walked past the casts and sat at the end of the bench. She eyed at In Guk disapprovingly.

 

In Guk blinked for a moment and Sunny gave a mocking laugh at him being stunned by Hyomin's sudden bold statement. The other casts were surprised as well.

 

He scoffed in disbelief. "W-Wait, you're actually standing up for this midget?"

 

"So what if she stands up for Director Lee?" Si Young playfully put an arm over Hyomin's shoulders.

 

Sunny seized the opportunity and elbowed In Guk in the ribs, slightly smirking to herself. Then when she glanced at her direction, their eyes met. Hyomin caught her own breath unknowingly. She felt something.

 

 

**************************************************************************

 

 

Remixed musics and deep bass blasted through the speakers as the crowd danced and much body rubbing with each other in a crowded club while many others chatted away. Colourful LED lights illuminated and blazing around the club like lasers in the dark room. The club-goers didn't care much of the close proximity with other strangers as they would rather focus on distressing and catching up with their friends after a long week of work in such hectic city.

 

Sunny squeezed through the crowd, through the endless streams of partying people as they either don't bother to notice her "excuse me's" or the music was too loud. She made her way through the crowd towards a tall beautiful brunette who was stucked in her own world, dancing ily alone with the rhythm at the dance floor. Anyone would have approached her and danced with her, if she liked the person she would brought him home at the end of the party. But no one did. Many were either intimidated or too nervous to approach her.

 

"How's your mating dance ritual going?"

 

The brunette surprised at Sunny's nonchalant outward response and burst out a laugh, forming laugh lines on her beautiful face. "." She gave her contrastingly shorter friend a whack in the arm. "Where's Hyo and Soo?" She continued.

 

"They left with some guys without me. Those twats," then Sunny added "and it's not like I'm gonna leave you alone here right."

 

"Awwwh didn't know a demon child like you have such a kind heart." The brunette cooed. Sunny gave her an eye "I'll take that as a compliment" before continuing. "I'm going home now. You coming?"

 

"Yeah. It's getting boring here." The brunette walked out with Sunny with an arm over her shoulders. "Plus I have something for you." She leaned in and purred into her ear.

 

~

 

Two figures bolted into the brunette's room, with the brunette carrying the shorter woman by supporting her thighs while her short slim legs straddled around her waist. The shorter lady had her arms over the brunette's shoulders, giving her a suitable angle of access as they locked their lips together. Sunny reached in closer and deepened the kiss.

The brunette switched on the light without looking where the switch was, knowing every single part of her room well enough to do anything in the dark. They broke the kiss as the brunette crashed both of them together in her bed. Sunny scooted to the middle of the bed and pulled the brunette down to meet her lips after the brunette crawled towards her. "Do not leave any marks." She ordered as they hastily undressed each other.

 

~

 

"...and that is how I find her weird yet amusing at the same time." The brunette chuckled in amusement. "Really."

Silence fell between them. Laying side by side, still recovering from what they did earlier as they stared at the ceiling above them in daze. Sunny personally felt at peace, as if her problems go away everytime she slept with the person next to her. So as she thought.

 

"Yul."

 

"Hmm?"

 

"What did you want to give me earlier?"

 

"This. Happy birthday."

 

Sunny raised an eyebrow. "I didn't know that can be a birthday present now."

 

"And that." She cocked her head towards the display shelf at the corner of the room where it held a bottle of fine wine.

 

Her friend saw her smiled. Knowing that how much her friend loves alcohol, buying her alcohol as a gift was an easy way to please her. Even though she didn't want to encourage her habit in recent years of excessive alcohol indulgence, Sunny just loves alcohol. It has always been a part of her.

 

"Oh, thanks."

 

Yuri enjoyed her company. They had known each other since college- along with Hyoyeon, Sooyoung and the rest. Back then Sunny and Jessica were madly in love with each other, and she had a crush on Sunny. She did not have a chance. She never had a chance to begin with. And years later when she and Jessica fell apart, their clique had shaken a little, as they both shared the same friends. Sunny went depressed, cutting off all her friends while she indulged in alcohol and self-loathing; while Jessica had a better life with someone else immediately. Taeyeon struggled to bring her back. When she finally able to meet Sunny one day months after, Sunny was getting a little better. She was very grateful that Sunny let her into her life. She knew it was her chance. But she was careless. She got greedy. Her care and consolations turned into a fling to help Sunny to distract herself from her misery, and it escalated into this today. Sneaking behind everyone's back when they were not looking and whenever they felt like it. But she didn't mind. Seeing how Sunny has improved after all these years was all she could ever ask for. When one day Sunny has fully recovered, and is ready to date again, she will ask her out.

 

Yuri was deep in her thoughts when she felt the weight on her bed shifted. Sunny had already gotten up and started dressing herself.

 

"You're not gonna stay here a 'lil longer?"

 

"I don't remember being your girlfriend."

 

Yuri pouted. "But it's late already."

 

"I have work tomorrow." She grabbed the bottle of wine as she left the room.

 

"Oh... Goodbye, Soonkyu."

 

"Goodnight, Kwon Yuri." Then she closed her bedroom door with a 'click'.

 

"I love you..." She said so softly only she herself can hear. She heaved a sigh and grabbed the blanket to cover her body.

 

 

***************************************************************************

 

 

The day ended with they finished filming her scenes. The crew quickly packed up the equipment at the studio as they were rushing home to their families for dinner. Hyomin conjured up the courage as she approached Sunny. Sunny had always been the last to leave, either cooped up in her office upstairs or just reviewing the shots they took since morning in the studio. Sometimes she'll just leave before everyone else to god knows where.

 

"Hi, erm, Ms. Director?" Sunny looked up disinterestedly.

 

"I was wondering, that, umm, since it is late, shall we have dinner together?" She would be awfully embarrassed if her offer gets rejected.

 

Sunny gave a second to think about it but it felt like minutes to her. "Sure." YES!

 

~

 

Comfortable dim lights. Seemingly crowded but the ambience and interior arrangement gave a sense of privacy to every customers at their respective table. Sunny thought that they would be eating at a street stall, but the actress brought her to a fancy Italian restaurant instead. Did actresses like her live their life lavishly? She found this situation oddly enough that she should have said no.

 

They ordered their food and ate quietly as the atmosphere was so awkward that she had to break the silence occasionally and asked about her background. Throughout the dinner she noticed that Hyomin had been giving her nervous glances. She couldn't help but wonder, what does she have in her mind?

 

Despite the awkwardness, she enjoyed her food very much. Her order: seafood pasta with truffles- was delicious. They finished their meal and the waiter cleaned their table and then served her a slice of their best cake. But she didn't remember either of them ordered cake.

 

"Hmm? We didn't order the cake."

 

"It is for you, Ms. Director. Happy belated birthday!"

 

She raised an eyebrow in suspicion. "How did you know it was my birthday?"

 

"I-I found it on your profile in the internet...I hope it is accurate..."

 

Right. She forgot that she is also a public figure.

 

Sunny does not really celebrate her birthdays. She just don't. It could be because her family lived abroad-mom and dad in Kuwait to manage family business, her sisters were married and moved to the States. While she lived in South Korea with her uncle who was busy being the owner of one of the largest entertainment company in the country. Her friends would celebrate her birthdays with her when she was in boarding school and college, but now that they have graduated they were all busy and had hardly any time to meet to celebrate. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. Taeyeon or Yuri usually would be the one to make time for her. The topic of her birthday celebrations reminded her of her fond memories in the past. But she was careful enough to not wander into the dark side of her memories.

 

"Yes. My birthday was yesterday."

 

Hyomin sighed in relief. She seemed like she was going to freak out. So that is why she was so nervous just now...

 

"Do-Do you like it? I'm afraid that I would just annoy you..." Her face worried now.

 

"I appreciate it. Thank you." Hyomin's face flushed a little. Then Sunny leaned back to her seat and crossed her arms. As though she was interogating. "But why do you do this to me, Miss Hyomin?" Her face now mixed with anxiety and shyness at the mention of her name being addressed. This person is intriguing. Almost fun to play with.

 

"I...I admire you very much, Ms. Director. I love your works and I respect you..a lot...but...you seem sad since the first day we worked together. So I want you to be happy. At least I could try to cheer you up" she was anxiously fidgeting her fingers as she continued "plus we don't know each other well... and I don't have your phone number...and staff did not celebrate your birthday today..."

 

"Sunny."

 

"Huh?"

 

"Call me Sunny. Did you forget?"

 

"Ah...S-Sunny." She was abashed as she muttered her name.

 

"I can't hear you, Hyomin ah." Sunny leaned in closer against the table, an arm on the table as she propped her chin on her hand.

 

"Sunny..!" She spoke the name clearer and a little louder this time as she flustered even more.

 

Innocence. It has been a very long time since she last saw one. So long that she had forgotten that it actually existed. Hyomin...she was once like that. She reminded her of how she was years ago, madly in love and promised a life of happiness by living together...forever...with her. Then she lost all of that, after all the that happened. She was so broken now that she only looked at the world in a bleak way. Looking back, if only her younger self would know that she would become like this today...she gave herself a mental punch for making herself feel terrible again. Now is not the time to think about it. This girl...

 

"You're cute."

 

Hyomin looked like she was going to explode with her face and ears in red. Sunny smirked.

 

"I-I'll just pay the bill. Dinner's on me." She left the table without looking at her and went to the counter.

 

After the bill they walked out of the restaurant and headed back to the studio. After a while Sunny finally broke the silence. "How are you going home?"

 

"I will call Manager-oppa to pick me up."

 

"I could send you back."

 

"Wh-What you don't have to.."

 

"Think of it as a gesture of appreciation for the dinner. I'll be insulted if you decline."

 

~

 

Sunny smelled like her car. Sunny's car perfume smelled like her. They are the same. What the heck am I thinking. Hyomin smacked herself mentally. The entire journey was quiet, awkward. But not as awkward as it was at the restaurant. It took around 10 minutes of drive to reach Hyomin's apartment. She bid goodbye and gratitude for the ride before entering the apartment entrance. Sunny left when Hyomin had safely entered the building.

 

~

 

She layed down on her bed after showering and changed into her pj's. Reflecting on the series of events that had happened today.

 

You're cute.

 

She felt her ears heated up as she squealed into her pillow.

 

She is happy. She is very happy. Now she needed to calm down if she needs her beauty sleep.

 

 

 


 

[A/N]: HI GUYS I'M BACK! Well I said I would disappear for a few months...

Hmm anyone here still alive? Sunbyung shippers? Sones? Queens? Sunshiners?

I would like to thank those who are still waiting for my updates (hahahaha)

It has been so so long since I last updated that I forgot what is my font style, font size etc. (Oh fck me.)

And I at formatting because I don't know shiet...and the copy-and-paste from my Word to Asianfanfic has been such a chore. (god damn it someone pls teach me.)

 

Anyways thanks for reading. Feedbacks and grammar errors are welcome! <3