Chapter Two

Do You Believe In Love?

 

"Cheers to Hyomin for getting a drama gig~!" Eunjung raised her glass of red wine and the others at the table joined.

 

"Cheers!" Everyone gulped down their alcoholic beverage.

 

"Of all days I can't believe you guys choose this day to celebrate." Hyomin trying really hard to sound mad but struggled to not smile as she drank water from her glass. The shooting starts tomorrow morning, that's why she can't consume alcohol and simply any food that  she wanted to eat. A reason for her to sulk as she looked at her friends swallowed down delicious food and alcochol in envy.

 

It had been a few months since the script reading session. Hyomin received the finalised script a few days later by mail and started practice for her role. She did her research on private investigators to learn more about them, memorised her script, dieted and attended martial arts and shooting classes. Last few months had been one of tiring times once again everytime she practiced for her role in dramas.

 

"Aww at least be grateful that we sacrifice our time to be together! I still have tons of assignments waiting at home for me you know!" Jiyeon said in cutesy and Hyomin pinched her cheek. It's hard for Hyomin to get mad at her dear friend.

 

"It's been a while since we last hung out like this." Boram said.

 

"Indeed." Qri and Soyeon agreed.

 

Hyomin went out with her friends whenever all of them had time. But they hung out lesser recently due to different schedules and life. Like how Jiyeon and Eunjung had gotten busy with their university commitments, Boram and Soyeon working and Qri starting a business. But as long as she got to see them, it was all that matters.

 

As her friends were gleefully chatting away, Hyomin noticed a man at a table at the far corner of the restaurant. Probably in his 30's but he looked strong and taut. As he chatted with his friend he took frequent glances at someone at the bar in the middle of the restaurant. Hyomin followed his gaze and it lead her to a lady dressed in flannel at the bar. She looked familiar. A bell rang in Hyomin's head and she remembered. That lady was Sunny. What is she doing here?  Sunny was sitting at the bar drinking alone. Most importantly, why is she drinking a night, right before the filming?  Hyomin shifted to sit upwards in her seat. The man was still looking at her. She shifted her focus back to Sunny as she downed the shots in front of her. The dim lights at the bar reflected on to Sunny's face. In between her drinks, Sunny stared blankly into space. Her expression was void and Hyomin could've swore that she saw a tinge of sadness in Sunny's eyes. It lasted a while until she was interupted by the man as he approached her. The man sat next to Sunny and initiated conversation with her. They conversed for awhile and the man whispered something into Sunny's ear and she smiled a little. He then shifted to sit so closely to her and s his arm around Sunny's waist. Sunny then said something to him and they left the restaurant, together. Hyomin's eyes trailed after them as they walked out of the restaurant. Where could they be goi-

 

"-Hyomin!" Hyomin startled and immediately shifted her attention back to her friends.

 

"Whacha looking at?" Jiyeon asked. Jiyeon turned around to follow where Hyomin's gaze was seconds ago.

 

"Nothing."

 

 

*********************************************************************

 

 

Her eyes snapped open.

 

Her head pounded.

 

The smell of the room similar to her room.

 

The room looked unfamiliar to her. This wasn't her room. Where was she?

 

She tried to recall what happened last night. Her memory was a little blurry. She was having a drink at the bar alone last night. Then a man approached her and then...-realisation hit her. She slept in! . She was supposed to  leave right after doing it. Sleeping in was one of the most potentially dangerous mistake. Her partner might took picture of her and expose her and speaking of partner- she quickly turned back to look at the other side of the bed. He was still there. His taut back facing her, sleeping soundly. She felt a thang of relief. Thank God. Her sudden movement caused a sharp wincing pain in her head.

 

This morning was one of those mornings again. She turned back and stared at the wallpaper of the room in front of her. She figured maybe she'll stay for a few more minutes for the headache to lessen.

 

Her eyes lingered at the alarm clock. 8:30am. It stated. Then she remembered something. Her shooting will be starting in few minutes time! . The am I doing?! She abruptly got up and felt her body sore. She groaned silently. As she picked up her pants from the floor she saw several used condoms and clothes scattered all over floor. She went all out last night. No wonder she out right after that. Me and my decision making skills. What was on her mind when she agreed to his advances? She didn't know either. She mentally cussed herself. She quietly tiptoed across the other side of the room to get her shirt on, so that she wouldn't wake him. She treaded carefully towards the entrance to pick up her flannel while avoiding the used condoms and the stranger's clothes, then sneaked out of the room.

 ~

 

She parked her car at the basement and fixed her hair at the front mirror. She then took out a bottle of perfume from the dashboard's drawer and dosed herself so that it'll cover her reek of alcohol.

 

She left the parking lot and entered her studio where her crew were already finalised in checking the set. "Seriously where were you?" Jang-PD approached Sunny and handed her a stack of scripts.

 

"I couldn't reach you and thought you are missing or something" Jang-PD sounded a little angry and concern while eyeing Sunny from top to bottom. "Dang you look like a mess." Jang-PD had always been one of Sunny's most trustworthy co-worker and friend. Work will never be left undone or procrastinated under Jang-PD's careful and professional supervision.

 

"I'm so sorry, unnie. I kind of...overslept. I promise this won't happen again." Sunny apologised.

 

"I'll let this slip this time. The set is almost ready. The shooting starts in 3."

 

 ~

 

They were having lunch break right after shooting for the whole morning. Sunny sat down at a vacant plastic table, shutting her eyes while pinching the bridge of her nose, wincing at the headache that still hadn't go away.

 

"Um h-hi."

 

Sunny looked up to find Hyomin standing in front of her table, holding a polystyrene container in her hands. "A-are you okay? -Ah I mean, are you feeling okay?"

 

"What do you mean?"

 

"I...saw you drinking last night," Hyomin quickly added before Sunny's expression started to turn dead serious and suspicious "-but don't worry I didn't drink, though."

 

Before Sunny managed to utter a word, Hyomin placed the polystyrene container on the table right towards her. Sunny knew what was this. From its half transparent cover she could already tell it's a hangover soup. Having to live her current lifestyle since several years ago, buying hangover soups from restaurants were nothing new to her as there were times she needed to work on her drafts right away in the morning after waking up to a hangover. "I bought it right after the break started...please eat up before it gets cold."

 

"Uh I-"

 

"-hey Hyomin come here a sec!" She got interupted by one of the staffs.

 

"It's okay I won't tell anyone bye!" Hyomjn sped off in flash before Sunny could finish her sentence. She watched the actress ran away like a rabbit runing into a hole and feeling confused, having conflicted thoughts in her pounding head.

 

 ~

 

"Action!"

 

Hyomin started running down the street towards the camera as the cameraman steadily paced backwards while capturing the scene. She puffed while ran and ran and-

 

"Cut!"

 

Hyomin walked to the tend where Sunny sat and reviewed the scene at the playback. She took an empty seat next to Sunny, keeping a slight distance as she felt a little awkward towards the lady whom she still didn't know much about. She stole a glance at Sunny as Sunny kept her observing eyes on the screen. She still looked good despite all that mess. Her side profile posessed the type of rare beauty  and uniqueness that not every celebrity has. Hyomin traced Sunny's distinctive features slowly down to her plump lips. Hyomin wondered if she inherited that from her parents. The moment Sunny turned her head to her direction, as if she felt her stare Hyomin quickly snapped her eyes back to the screen, pretending that she's been looking at the screen the whole time. Being an actress has its perks.

 

"Am I doing it right?"

 

"It's good."

 

"Thank you, Ms. Director."

 

"Just call me Sunny. We're the same age isn't it." It sounded more of a statement. "Thanks for the soup, anyway." Sunny gave a weak smile.

 

The smile was beautiful. She looks beautiful with it.

 

Hyomin reminisced that sorrow in Sunny's eyes last night.

 

How could someone who possesses such beautiful smile be suffering alone?

 

 

 


A/N: Hi I'm back! Sooner this time, isn't it? :D The next update will be way later muahahaha 'cause my semester's starting >:D I wanna say thank you to those who commented and gave feedbacks. I really appreaciate it. Thank you :) (again) 

 

I've decided to (try) to work on the y time in the next chapter. It will be my first [M] as well, so please do not cringe! (hahahahaha) I'll do my best. :3 See you soon!