9. Forest Tryst

The Boy Who Wouldn't Grow Up

Kai waited patiently for Taemin’s response. Though the younger made him angry, he wasn’t going to take it out on him...yet.

“”N-N-No?” The younger hadn’t yet seen this side of Kai. Sure the other was probably capable of the hardness that he was now displaying, but he didn’t know that it would be because of him that Kai showed this side of himself.

Kai drew back so that he could look into the younger’s eyes. “You bring out something in me Taemin, something that I wasn’t sure that I had.” He watched the other carefully, searching for any reciprocation of his feelings. He saw a glint of something, but it wasn’t what he was looking for. “Maybe I never had the opportunity to explore this side of myself, being that I am the son of the Chief’s right hand, but they’ve been trying to pair me with women for a while now. I think I know why I never felt anything for them.”

“Why?”

“Because I’ve been waiting for someone.”

Taemin was so confused by this situation that he didn’t know what to do, so he just played along. “Who? Who’ve you been waiting for?”

Kai got close to Taemin, their breaths mingling in the increasingly colder air. “You.” He answered, and before Taemin could release another word, he captured the other’s lips with his own.

Taemin wasn’t sure at first what was happening, this was, after all, his first kiss. He felt the pace of his heart quicken, and, though he had realized the look in Kai’s eyes as that of love, he still wasn’t sure how he felt about this man in front of him. It may have  been his lack of experience, but it was also something else. The first thing that came to his mind was What would the others think? But that was quickly wiped from his mind as he remembered Jaejoong’s words Your friends will have to accept this new part of you. Whether or not they want to.

He felt Kai start to pull away. He knew that his hesitation was what had caused the other to doubt himself. Before Kai could fully break their connection, Taemin threw caution to the wind. He grabbed the back of the elder’s neck and smashed their mouths back together.

Kai was surprised when Taemin reconnected them with such ferocity. He wasn’t sure where the new bravado had come from, but he didn’t care. All he could think about was that his feelings were being returned to him. Gathering up the last of his courage, he pushed his tongue to the other’s lips asking for permission.

Taemin allowed Kai to dominate their kiss, and soon the other was exploring his mouth with tenacity. Their tongues had just become entwined when he felt Kai break their kiss and look at him. The anger in his eyes had turned into admiration and something soft. Almost loving. Taemin had no words form in his mind, so he just tilted his neck up giving Kai room to explore.

Kai latched onto Taemin’s neck, placing soft kisses into the flesh. He felt the other shiver under his touch, just as he did when he grabbed the back of the younger’s neck after healing himself. He smirked, pulling away from the other only slightly. “I’ve wanted to do this since I saw you climb out of that Pool.”

Taemin moaned, but quickly gathered his thoughts after hearing what Kai had just said, “Then why didn’t you?”

“You were strange and unfamiliar.”

Taemin didn’t get a chance to respond as Kai continued his munitions on the younger’s clavicle. He nearly released another moan, but they were interrupted by a voice.

“Lee Taemin?” Came a voice from above them.

The two looked up and were met with a couple of fairies. Taemin did not recognise them, but they were dressed in a form of armour. “Yes?”

“You must come with us, but your friend must stay,” they said in unison. They were very stoic and closed off.

“O-O-Okay.” Taemin pulled himself from the tree that Kai had pinned him against and looked at the aforementioned. “Take the stakes to the camp.” Taemin told him. He saw a look of concern form on the taller’s face, and the white-haired placed a reassuring hand on his shoulder, “I’ll be fine,” he added.

~

 

They arrived in the Fairy Kingdom where they were met with the whole of the Council. They circled around him with the leader directly in front of him. Her face was a mix of emotions as far as Taemin could tell. He saw anger and mistrust in her eyes, along with something else. Guilt, maybe?

She looked around at the others, and when she was sure that the others were in place she spoke, “Lee Taemin, you have violated our trust.”

Taemin was hit with confusion and nervousness, but he dare not interrupt the Council.

“You have recklessly used the Inter Orbis to bring more of your people to this world, and you have killed wildlife in order to prove a point. You have abused you abilities, and for that you shall be punished.”

“Wait I--”

“We saw your innocence within you and we hoped it would bring light to this world. Instead, you have brought more harm than you are worth. We cannot strip you of your powers, for we are not the ones who gave them to you. However, what we saw in you is still there. You will have only your innocence, wandering aimlessly with no name or memory. You will be guided only by that and nothing more.”

Taemin tried to escape, but he was stopped in his track with a sudden pain in his head. All he could hear was chanting around him. He collapsed to his knees and tried to cover his ears, but the chanting was in his mind now. He couldn’t escape it. He tried to scream, but the pain was growing in intensity. His vision became blurred and spotted, and he felt as though time would stretch on without end. Just as he thought that he was going to die of the pain in his head, his vision turned black and he lost consciousness.