x01x

V's Mask.

 

"Good job today everyone!" RapMon bellowed as manager-nim ushered everyone into their dormitory. They had just ended their last stage for Dope and the fans' response to their performance had been nothing but encouraging and empowering. As always, RapMon thought to himself.

"Yeah yeah whatever. Nights everyone." Suga muttered before elbowing his way through the members who were crowding at the doorway as everyone stumbled to remove their shoes in the narrow space and made his way to his shared room with Jin.

"YAH. AT LEAST REMOVE YOUR SHOES," Jin exclaimed.

"Whatever hyung. I am too lazy to do it." 

"Are you going to shower with your shoes on then?!"

"Whoever said I was going to shower, hyung. I said good night to everyone already, didn't I." Suga mentioned before plopping onto his bed, not even bothering to close the room's door, let alone shower.

"Aish. This kid will be the death of me." Jin groaned, ruffling his hair out of annoyance.

"Come on Umma, it's not the first time Yoongi hyung slept without showering or removing his shoes. At least he removed his make up on the way back home." Jimin chuckled, humoured by the interaction between the two oldest members.

"I CALL SHOTGUN ON THE TOILET." JHope exclaimed before he sped to the only bathroom they had in their dormitory which earned a collective groan from everyone.

"YAH HOBI HYUNG. YOU SHOWERED FIRST YESTERDAY TOO." Jungkook cried out.

"Then be faster tomorrow, maknae." JHope rebutted, cackling at the other's misfortune as he closed the door to the bathroom.

"Is anybody hungry?" Jin asked en route to his little haven, the kitchen.

"I AM, UMMA." Jimin bellowed as he made his way to Jungkook's side in front of the TV console to play the NBA game with him.

"Is ramen oka-YAH NAMJOON GET OUT OF HERE." Jin caught RapMon sneaking to the refrigerator behind him and chased him out of the kitchen before he could cause any destruction to his kitchen.

He broke a cup by pouring water in it, he completely destroyed the cabinet when he was putting in the groceries JHope bought back the other time, his bed frame splitted into two when he was sleeping at night. That boy was the epitome of destruction. Who knows what he can do just by opening the refrigerator door and there was no way in hell Jin would let him into the kitchen. Well, not after they had to use the fire extinguisher for 17 times whenever RapMon wanted to boil water.

RapMon shrugged before giving the refridgerator a longing stare and made his way to the living room only to see V sitting on the couch with an arm over his eyes.

"V-ah, you tired?" RapMon asked before he settled into the couch beside V and placed a hand on his thigh.

"Hyung, call me Taehyung will you?" 

The reply came as a complete surprise to the leader. He had always referred the younger as his stage name and the younger of them two had no qualms on how he addressed him.

"Eh?"

"Aniya hyung, it's nothing." V shook his head and offered a small smile to the leader before standing up and made his way to his room.

Too engrossed with his thoughts, too focused on the game in front of them, too occupied in cooking, the members failed to hear V mumbling,

"I am scared of forgetting that I am Tae Hyung."

.

He was lying on his bed, scrolling through the comments about their performance today when his eyes landed on one of them:

*Euuaahh V-oppa looks so damn y here!!*

He sighed internally.

Do I really look y in that doctor's outfit? Was the fan just trying to make me feel good? I mean there was Yoongi hyung as a conductor too, everyone looked so good in their stage outfit. How can I even be on par with the rest?

.

As the days streamed by, the members could feel that their favourite member was slowly distancing himself from the rest. He would be cooped up in his room while everybody was eating, only coming out to eat after everybody was done with their meals. He would avoid talking to the members, unless neccessary, during practices and kept to himself frequently. He plastered a fake smile whenever JHope did his favourite imitation of a dolphin to prevent hurting his feelings from his lack of enthusiasm.

But little did he know that he was already hurting everyone by keeping all to himself.

.

"Yah. Do you guys know what is happening to Taehyungie?" Jin asked one day as everyone, apart from V who had an individual schedule, was sitted around the dining table.

The sullen look on everyone's face was enough an answer to say that none of them had any idea why V started distancing himself from them.

"Do you think it was something that we had done?" JHope piqued.

"I have no idea."

"Jimin, Jungkook, both of you are his roommates. Did you notice anything different?"

"Hyung, he just keeps to himself." Jungkook said and Jimin gave nodded in agreement.

"Aish this kid. Why is he keeping everything to himself?" Suga remarked, voice laced with worry. 

"You know...Taehyungie said something weird to me the other day. He asked me to call him Taehyung and not call him V."

An awkward silence bestowed and everyone's mind started spinning. Whatever does that request mean?

"Hyungs, do you think we should ask Min Jae? I mean he's Taehyungie hyung's close friend right? He might know something." Jung Kook suggested.

"You're right kookie, they did a show together as well. Taehyungie may have told him something on the show." JHope added.

.

Seconds later, everyone was crowded around RapMon's phone as a phone call was made on speaker mode.

.

"Yoboseyo?"

"Kim Min Jae-shi?"

"Ne. Can I know who is this?"

"Annyeonghaseyo. I am Jin from BTS, Taehyungie's group member."

"Ahh ne, annyeonghaseyo hyung. How can i help you?"

 

With that, the members started pouring their worries and queries about their favourite member.

Do yoy have any idea what happened to him?

Did he tell you about anything when you guys went for a massage?

He's been distancing himself lately.

What should we do?

 

 

"Ahh..."  Min Jae commented.

 

Taehyungie hyung did tell him something.

 

"Hyung, I am not sure if I should be telling you this but I believe it's for Taehyungie hyung's own good. He did share that he had been quite tired lately. I guess both mentally and physically. As you guys may know, he's not the most confident about himself, he doesn't believe that he's good looking, he doesn't think that he has talent and I think these low self-esteem thoughts are weighing down on him."

The complete silence on the other side was an indication for Min Jae to continue.

"He may seem strong on stage but he's actually quite sensitive and doesn't share his troubles much for fear of bringing you guys down."

"Silly boy. We are bulletproof for a reason. We won't get brought down so easily." Suga mumbled, shaking his head.

"He also feels burdened. He feels that he needs to act a certain way. He feels that he needs to be cool, strong on stage and around you guys and I guess that's why he keeps on pushing himself past his limits. The masseur mentioned that his body was in quite a bad condition from lethargy."

"But we never asked him to be cool and strong around us...." voiced out.

"I think I have said enough, hyungs. It's Taehyungie hyung's story to share, not mine and I wouldn't want to betray his trust. I think it would be better to confront him to get more answers."

"Ne. Thank you so much for your help Min Jae-shi."

"No problem. I hope that Taehyungie hyung will be alright soon. Hwaiting everyone."

The phone call left everyone in deep thoughts, especially to RapMon. As a leader, he shluld treat everyone equally but he always had a soft spot towards Taehyung.

"How should we help him?" Jimin asked.

"Well Min Jae shi mentioned that he feels the need to act a certain way around us. What if we show him that he doesn't need to do so?"

"How?" Suga drawled.

"Let him know that we love him for who he is. Try to help him bring out his true self." RapMon suggested.

"Maybe we can do so by reminding him how much we love his quirky 4D personality."

"We need to let him know that we love his 4D self equally too."

"Operation taefeeling?" JHope suggested, as  a name for their project.

"That's lame hyung." Jungkook mentioned.

"IT'S NOT LAME. I THOUGHT OF IT  LONG AND HARD OKAY." JHope rebutted.

 

"Whatever guys. Operation taefeeling it is."