He was smiling...

It Was Time

Kibum gasped for the dear air his lungs begged for. Panting like a mad dog,he woke up after seeing the most dreadful nightmare he ever saw. His heart could have pounded inside his rib cage,if only it was strong. But no... This was Kibum's heart.
It slowed its beat and told Kibum to perform his last dance.
His lungs,his chest,his head,his body,his mind,everything hurt like hell. Kibum was one of those whom God enjoyed seeing in pain. He was A soul who wasn't meant to be happy.

A Shower.... Of all the things,what Kibum wanted was to have a shower. He didn't wanna go away as filthy slug stinking of sweat.
He tried to get up from where he was lying,but was stopped by the  muscular arm around his waist. He looked at the beautiful mess,the divine creature that slept soundly beside him. The toned blond hair that matched the long sharp face,that honey-sweet voice of him,the way he always approached Kibum,the gentle touches that made him ask for more,the soft wet kisses he gave were the reasons Kibum fell for the perfect guy who was hugging his waist.
He slowly slipped away from the embrace that held him prisoner. He never wanted to break free,he wanted to suffer in that prison,but it sure made his jailer uncomfortable and he didn't want that. Slowely and silently Kibum dragged himself to the bathroom... To take his Last bath...
He loved to have a shower,to feel the artificial rain splatter on his skin,but his legs weren't strong enough to hold him up. So he sank his body in the tub & let his mind carry him away. He wished he could reverse time,so that he would cross that damn road without crashing himself with the luxurious silver car which was driven by the prince named Kim.
Kibum couldn't understand whether it was a blessing or a curse. He just wanted to go back in time to when 'Kim Jonghyun' was a stranger's name.

Since that day after the accident,this weird Jonghyun came after Kibum. Kibum didn't want to meet him,talk with him,or at least see him. But this Jonghyun followed,like a hungry predator.
It didn't take long for Kibum to realize why. Why Jonghyun followed him,why he didn't let him go.
Jonghyun was a hunter. A sweet hunter who wanted comfort and the sick pleasure of  . Kibum wasn't his first prey, and Kibum knew it very well. He wasn't stupid.

Even though he knew Jonghyun was just a bastard who played with others lives,he didn't run away. Why?
Because Jonghyun was a magician. He could Make Kibum forget his pains,forget his losses,and make him happy. To a person like Kibum who raised himself alone since teenage,who lost his grandmother-the only relation he had,Who witnessed the death of his best friend who died on the way to a KFC,even the smallest attention and care meant a universe. Happiness was something so precious,and Kibum honored the person who gave it to him.
So he willingly let Jonghyun use him. Kibum happily became Jonghyun's prey and let himself to be tasted, and eaten.
He became Jonghyun's toy not only because he owed him,but because Kibum... Kibum fell in love with Jonghyun.
His heart told that Jonghyun was the one for him. Kibum thought that the playboy Jonghyun also had a heart that could love him. Though Jonghyun played nasty games with his body,he never hurt Kibum. Jonghyun handled Kibum with patience and care, making him offer the best of what Jonghyun needed. Whenever Jonghyun came inside him and gave s,he became the man over the Moon. Kibum wanted to become Jonghyun's private property,to be owned by him and to be used by him forever.
'He's a very nice guy...not now. But later. He'll sure love me someday' Kibum fooled himself and longed for Jonghyun's love. He knew he didn't deserve that. They both knew that Kibum was just a mere to Jonghyun. No one was cheating,but Kibum was really nothing more than that. Yet Kibum held on to his dreams and waited patiently,giving Jonghyun time to play with his body and soul as he wished.
Well,His waiting wasn't completely useless. Because one day Jonghyun gave him the surprise of his life-"You know what,you're the very first person that I kept hanging around for this long...It's almost one & half years since we first played and I'm surprised of myself for never once getting bored of you. And now I think I'd never get bored either! Key...you're a drug!"Jonghyun had said.
To Kibum,It was a sign that his love life with Jonghyun wasn't actually impossible. He thought his dreams were about to come true and he happily started planning his future with Jonghyun. Their marriage (although it was illegal),where they'd live,what to do together,how they'd handle household chores...
But this was Kim Kibum. Remember? He wasn't meant to be happy. The following week,from Jonghyun's surprise, all the happiness he had left him.
"We're very sorry Mr.Kim,It's too late. We tried our best but there's nothing we can do. You should get ready to face the reality..." They said.
Kibum could have agreed if they said it before he met Jonghyun. But oh...don't expect anything. This was Kibum.
Kibum didn't want to leave when there was his Jonghyun giving him slight signals that showed his great liking towards Kibum! No matter what they said,Kibum wanted more time.
"Not now please!"he begged.

But no one heard his pleadings.
Feeling his heartbeat weakening more and more,Kibum knew it was time...though he didn't want to accept it. He felt it,he had to go.
He got out of the bath with great difficulty. He had more things to do than weeping and crying in a bathtub. But how funny...
His legs refused to walk,they were too weak. Kibum's slender body suddenly became heavy for his legs. He crept back to the room on all fours like a beast. If Jonghyun was awake,he'd have loved the scene-beautiful Kibum crawling on hands and knees like a cat,completely !
Yeah,Kibum didn't bother about clothes. He wanted to go away in the same way he came to the world. Besides,he wanted to give Jonghyun the last bit of pleasure he couldn never ever give again.
He just dried himself with a blanket,just for the sake of Jonghyun's comfort.
The only thing that kept him working was his will. It was his will that dragged him on to his warm fluffy bed,his last destination. He understood that he had to hurry up as his vision started blurring. He grabbed his phone from god knows where and started typing a message.
Everyone who knew their time was up,left some last words for their loving ones. It was like a ritual which Kibum couldn't break. He had to do the same,he had to leave some words for his Jjong.
He had to tell Jonghyun the truth.
" I'll be gone when..............."

He typed and sent the message to the one and only number in his phonebook,hoping that Jonghyun would feel at least a small bit sorry for him,that Jonghyun would miss him...
No matter What kind of abuses Jonghyun did to Kibum,he couldn't hate him an ounce.
He threw away his phone and pressed against his lover's body. With the last drop of energy left I his weak body,Kibum pulled Jonghyun on top him. If he was to be buried under a tombstone,why not bury under his lover first? Lover before earth...
His eyes closed to the pleasant feeling of being under his lover's warmth and pressure. His lungs screamed,his body numbed and tears flowed down... But He was happy.
"I.. llove you-h"-
He exhaled his last breath in to Jonghyun's toned blond hair...

"Key...you smell sweet. You bathed?" Jonghyun whispered,waking up from his divine sleep. A crooked smile appeard in his face when he saw where he was sleeping last night-on top of Kibum's milky,creamy,clothless body. He couldn't remember having last night as Kibum said he was tired.
But oh god,when did Jonghyun actually remember anything when Kibum was with him.
"Key... Did we have last night?"

Tik tok tik tok tik tok...no answer.

Jonghyun looked at Kibum's smiling face to find an answer. Kibum was smiling!!!!
"You... Yah! Answer! You did give me yourself last night didn't you?....
Key...Er...I have to tell you something...this may sound really weird but,I think I should say this today and right now. You're so adorable now...gr.." Jonghyun looked at Kibum expecting an explosion but nothing came. Just the previous sweet smile.
'Is he still sleeping? Nah,he can't smile like that if he's sleeping. This Pabo! He's probably signalling to continue' Jonghyun wondered for a moment and started his speech again.
"Key,I wanted to tell you this few weeks before but... Well, what I wanted to tell was that....Key,I LOVE YOU! I love you so much. You're so different  than everyone else I've played with. Nothing they had. Not the body nor the heart. But Key,you're so special. Even though you knew what kind of a bastard I am from the very begining,you never treated me bad,never said anything in offence. You were always friendly & lovable to me. And you're so damn y too. You're the one who thought me about life. I want you throughout my whole life beside me. Every hour,minute,second,I need you. Forgive me for my sins and be my life partner?"
Jonghyun waited and waited...no answer,but that same smile.

Something was very wrong. The smile on Kibum's face didn't change a bit. He didn't even open his eyes,not a single muscle of his body moved,and...he was awfully pale...
"Key? You okay? You heard me?"
He started shaking Kibum when silence met him once again. He shook him so hard that it took a long time for him to realize Key was ice cold.
'Has he caught a new fever? A cold? Any illness?' Jonghyun ran his hand over Kibum's forehead. Still no difference,cold cold cold!
"Key? Kibum? This isn't funny! Wake up!"
Jonghyun's blood turned in to water when he noticed that Key wasn't breathing. Nor his pulses worked.
What is it like to find your lover  unconscious,just after you confess? It's shocking,scaring,hurting.... Jonghyun had to do something. His Key wasn't breathing. He took his phone to call for an ambulance and-- saw a message Key had sent few hours ago. He opened the message and read...
"I'll be gone when you're reading this. My time's up,I have to go. I'm sorry for not being able to Make you happy anymore. I know you loved my body very much. So I'll leave it for you. You can do anything with my body- Just like you always did.
But Jonghyun... Couldn't you look at me like something more than just a cheap toy? I'm not blaming you,don't misunderstand. I just asked because,you weren't a bastard in my eyes. I saw a good guy in you ...I... I love you Jonghyun. But you...
When you craved for my body,I craved for your love. I understand that It's my mistake to expect love from you. I'm sorry,but I still love you. Even though I'm dying/already dead,I still wish to hear you say that you love me. I know you don't love me. I just wanted you to know that I love you.
I hope you enjoy sleeping on me. Sorry I can't give you more than that.
good Bye Jjong. Be happy always."

After the reading was done,
Jonghyun became a whimpering mess on the floor.
'what an idiot I am! Bull! What a er I am?? Why didn't I tell him earlier? Why didn't I tell him yesterday! Kim ing  Jonghyun! Why?? Why are you always late??" 
Jonghyun cursed himself. What else could he do?
He was in hell. Key's dead body,yet so y and peaceful,lying on the bed, he,Not knowing the reason for Key's sudden death,unable to think straight...
All he knew was that he had hurt his Key. ~"I know you loved my body...I'll leave it for you...more than a cheap toy"~
Key was never cheap,He was luxurious! Why did Key think so? That's the way Key had thought of him? Jonghyun's heart cried in pain. It was all his fault. He could have made Key happy,instead he put Key in great pain without revealing his true feelings.
Even in the dying moment,Key only thought about Jonghyun's happiness.
Kibum sacrificed his last minutes of life for him. But Jonghyun had nothing to do for Kibum. He was too late.
Except this one thing...
~"even though I'm dying/already dead,I still wish to hear you say that you love me..."~
Kibum wanted to hear Jonghyun say his love in his ears.
Although Kibum was already gone,he left Jonghyun his body...

"Key,Honey,I really really love you...You're mine. I love you Key! I love you"
Jonghyun whispered in Kibum's deaf years and kissed his perfect,now cold bow shape lips which were still smiling...
Smiling in pure happiness...
Smiling with Jonghyun.