~Lawliet's mystery.

Emҽɾaɭɖ.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

''Mate.''

 

And I felt so nostalgic.

 

~Eliott's P.O.V~

 

''One. Two. Three.''

I released my palms that were wrapped around a metal bar.

When I dropped to the ground, I was laying there, trying to catch my breath.

I saw drops of sweat streaming down my abs, as I my lips that dried out during the training.

Oh boy. The best way to get rid of  frustration? Exercise. Till you drop dead. Or something like that.

As I tried to stand up, an awful heat of energy went trough my body, making me feel dizzy and fragile.

I took a deep breath, closing my eyes in weakness.

After several seconds, my vision was clearing out, as I re-gained my stability.

Looking for a bag I left in the corner of a gym, I quickly glanced at the clock that was barely functional; it was 8 pm.

Smell of the just-used gym was high up in the air, as it was extremly warm.

I hurried and changed my clothes, ruffling my sandy-blonde hair to  re-shape it .

After switching my shirt and my trousers, I hurried out, locking the gym behind me.

Oh boy. Rene is going to kill me.

I'm late. Again.

After 15 minutes of quick-walking or almost-running, I reached the huge solitare.

Streets of Busan were crowded, people chattering all the way, musicians busy entertaining people, children running amused.

Spring is. Oh boy, I love the feeling.

I ran inside, and headed straight towards the stairs.

Losing my breath, as I felt a heavy clutch inside of my chest, I kept running.

Ringing in my ears got louder; I just ignored it.

~Eliott! What're you doing? You'll kill us! I can't breathe!~

Lawliet, my wolf growled inside of me.

I just shut him off.

Panting in front of the room 39, I knocked impatiently.

Couple of seconds after, Myra opened the door, peeking behind them.

Myra was a petite, pale woman in the middle of her thirties. She has a curly, medium-sized hair in a chestnut tone.

Her body was slender, but she had huge dark eyes that would take all of the attention.

''I'm so sorry I'm late again.'' I said with a sorrowful deep voice.

Myra just smiled and shook her head, which reffered to ''nevermind.''

In that moment, tiny figure appeared behind Myra, hiding behind her waist.

''Eliiiiiii~!'' Rene exclaimed happily. Good. She had a good day.

Small white-haired frame ran into my embrace, as I got down on my knees to zip her red jacket.

''One little, two little, three little Indians..'' Rene sang with her cheerful high-pitched voice, touching my nose with the tip of her index finger.

''Your nose is so cooooold!'' She pulled away, kissing her finger multiple times.

I chuckled.

''Here you go.'' Myra handed me Rene's backpack and her fluffy teddy bear.

I took it from Myra, as I put a grip on Rene's small hand, holding it.

''Thank you so much for taking care of her, I'll pay you in the end of the week when I get my salary.'' I said.

''Of course, no worries. She's such a sweet girl and we have no problems. Right, sweetie?'' Myra smiled to Rene.

Rene just nodded in response, as we waved our goodbye.

Taking Rene out of the building, we contiuned walking to our rented house.

Yes, we are living in a rented house. Actually, we rented the second floor only.

And yes, Rene is my only family, since our parents disappeared during completeing the mission in our old pack.

Many memebers of the old pack we belonged to disappeared, and no one knows what really happens to them during those patrols. No proofs. No bodies. No evidences. Nothing.

Some of them turned to rogues, but I didn't recieve anything from my parents since that day. It was like a year ago.

So we just had to keep on living without them like it's a normal thing to do.

But, did it leave invisble scars.

Now, I am working in a pretty nice bakery next to a couple of colleges, and the amount of money I'm receiving weekly is fair, but not enough for all of our needs unfortunately.

I work as a cashier and as a deliverer, both. Yeah, it's pretty tough to catch up, especially when students are having their periods and exams here.

It's not that much of a fun, to be honest.

I had to drop school life in order to keep my sister and me alive, safe and healthy.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter