~An emotional vortex.

Emҽɾaɭɖ.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Miss? Can I come in? I came to change your sheets."

 

"Sure, enter."

 

 "Also, your father wants to see you, miss. I suggest you head to Mr. Stark's office as soon as possible."

 

 "Do you know what is it about?"

 

"Not certainly. Mr. Stark seemed worried and stressed, as if, he demanded that you meet him till 11 am.''

 

"Uh. Alright. Thanks, Yalla. Take some rest soon, please. Let's have a bubble tea later, alright? Don't overwork!"

 

"Thank you, miss. You are being very considerate. I wish you a lovely day, miss Korina!"

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

What a lovely day to avoid my father.

 

Perhaps, every day is the right day to tick him off.

 

 I'm Korina. And my life is.... Not how it's supposed to be.

 

Instead of being perfect all-the-way, as it is expected from daughter of the Alpha, I am totally the opposite.

 I am childish, cheerful, rebelious, reckless, insecure, soft like a gummy worm and ...... clingy. I have so many flaws. I could write a novel about the things I should change.

 

But will I?

 

.....Here comes the good guess.

 

 -Nope.

 

 Everyone loves ~ the positive Korina ~ energy.

 

Everyone, but my father, Paul. And his disatisfaction grew during last couple of months, because my 16th birthday is on the next full moon, (precisely - 8th of April.), when I am supposed to shift to a complete wolf for the first time. He thinks I am incapable of handling important things because I take care of them on a different way.

 

So, all I have to do is to prove him wrong, and keep training, so I could take over the pack when he retires. Since I am a single child, I am the only one who can take over his place from our bloodline.

I admit; it's pretty rare to have a female Alpha leader. But, why the hell not?

 

My dream is to become a first female leader in our pack. And I'll do ANYTHING, to make it happen. Bite me.

 

Just then, my waterfall of thoughts was interrupted by a deep, well-known growl.

 

 

"Paul?...I-I mean, dad?" I frowned.

 

 "Korina, we need to talk." Slowly, with the serious tone, he made a gesture with his head, signing me to follow him.

 

 I hesitated, until he turned around.

 

"This time, it's very important for the both of us and our whole pack. So, no time for dead fish in my chair, pokemon cosplays, or drooling over 'hot' werewolves. Clear?"

He warned me, giving me ~ the glare. ~

 

 I sighed and rolled my eyes, then lazily went after him.

What could matter to him anyways.

 

Walking unpatiently behind him, I tried to step on his shadow. (Yes,I DID it.)

 

"Korina." He stopped suddenly.

 "You must work on your behavior." He said sharply, as we passed trough the wooden door frame.

 

There was too much light inside of his office. But the gorgeous fireplace built from gray bricks on the central wall was fixing the whole atmoshpere. I instantly relaxed when I inhaled that familiar scent of bunch of his new books and leather furniture. Air was comfortably warm, and couple of different spieces of cactuses layed peacefully by the quite enormous two-glazed window. It was kind of a nice, but it didn't really seem like my father's persona.

 

He probably has never given me a chance to actually meet him.

He doesn't know me at the first place.

All he knows is my name, my age, and my position. And of course, what's ''the best'' for me.

Yet he requires a change.

Oh the irony.

 

 

''So,'' my father stood very calmly gazing his plants at the window, not making an eye contact with me, ''you know what happened last week when Conard, Minho and Lukas went to patrol to the east forest with me.''

 

I waited for him to continue.

 

''I almost got killed by the Alpha of rogues.'' He said defeated, sinking into his thoughts.

 

''Is your rib better now?'' I tried to keep up with the conversation.

 

''Yeah, I'm having appointments next week to do check-up tests. But the point is, I am not in shape anymore to complete the Alpha's duties. I'm getting older, weaker, and my health is not stable as it used to be. What can I say, it had to be over sooner or later.''

 

I looked at the floor, playing with the pink lace on my dress that fell over my knees.

 ''So…. Who'll be the Alpha, dad? What's going to happen?'' I said with a questioning tone, hoping he'll understand to what I'm alluding.

 

''That's why I asked you to be serious and change your attitude.''

 

I almost chocked on my own spit, does this mean that I'm going to be the Alpha?!?!

Is it time for me to be the leader?!

Screaming inside from excitement as I went trough phases of adrenaline shocks, I waited for him to say it.

 

''You need to find your mate. As soon as possible.''

 

What?

 

''What? Why?'' My puzzled mode went from off to on.

 

''You are my only inheritor. So your mate will be the Alpha of this pack. That's logical.'' He gave me a sour smile, making that ''you-already-know'' expression.

 

''But why can't I be the Alpha? What's wrong with me?'' Anger boiled inside of me, as I felt tears collecting under my eyelids, and my throat burning.

 

What. Is. Going.On.

 

''You know that our pack didn't have female leaders back trough the history. Besides, that's not exactly the main reason why I can't let you do this.

Male wolves are physically stronger than female ones and they can put up with more dangerous tasks. They'll do physical jobs easier, patroling, hunting, fighting and protecting.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter