Screaming Match

When The Pack Stays Strong

"Wow you're home early." Kris said, folding the newspaper in his hands.

 

"Yeah we are. Why aren't you at school hyung?" Tao asked, sitting next to the elder on the plush couches.

 

"I wanted to stay here and wait for the both of you and plus I have a paper to finish." Kris smiled. "What did you guys find out?"

 

"Lots of things but nothing at all." Chanyeol sighed.

 

"That made zero sense. Explain."

 

"Kay, well one he was a wolf hybrid, two his name was...Lee Seung-hyun." Chanyeol stated, flipping through the journal they had found in his apartment. "And three, he was either psychotic or these pills were planted there to make it seem like it." He continued, shaking the pill bottles around.

 

"Huh, let me see those." Kris said, taking the bottles from the other. "...thorazine, prolixin, and zoloft." He mumbled out, reading the labels to each one.

 

"Thorazine and Prolixin are used for schizophrenia and Zoloft is an antidepressant for anger issues. This guy was seriously messed up." Chanyeol explained.

 

"You sure know your stuff Yeollie." Kris sighed.

 

"Well I am taking courses to get a major in forensic science. Tao over there is mastering detective work." Chanyeol smirked.

 

"Yeah yeah okay keep bragging. What else did you find?"

 

"I found this emblem thingy under his bed. I think this is kinda like the one Jackson explained." Tao said, holding up the red and black necklace. He passed it over to Kris who then examined it carefully and thoroughly, memorizing every curve and angle of the emblem.

 

"Alright, you guys did a good job. Anything else you want me to know."

 

"There were deep scratches all over the floors and walls, probably from a bad shift. The place was a wreck and the smell of a dead hybrid was still there. God, I thought I'd never smell anything that bad." Tao grimaced, looking through the scribbled in pages of the journal.

 

"Oh yeah, the reason why we're here early is because some people were walking in so we had to book it out of the window." Chanyeol added on nonchalantly.

 

"Are you trying to tell me you nearly got caught?" Kris said, glaring the two in front of him.

 

"A bit, yeah." Tao shrugged, knowing this behavior ticked off Kris.

 

"ing idiots." He muttered out, getting up to make food in the kitchen while Tao and Chanyeol smirked to each other.

 

Running two miles would put anyone out of breath but not Sehun. He had just finished his third mile around campus and he was barely getting out of breath now. Seeing his team in the distance getting ready for practice, he cut the mile short and sprinted to the field. As he sat on the plush grass watching team members yank on cleats and stretch, he gulped down his water and brushed his hair back. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw someone jogging in his direction. Hongbin. .

 

"Hey, Sehun right?" He asked, sitting down next to him.

 

"Yeah and your Hongbin." Sehun replied.

 

"Yep. I saw you running earlier non stop and how do you not get tired?" He questioned, taking Sehun by surprise.

 

"Oh. Yeah I've been a runner my whole life. It's easy to run nearly three miles. " He smiled.

 

"Nice. Since we're both on the same team I thought it'd be easier to work if we got along so sorry that I'm introducing myself now." Hongbin said sheepishly.

 

“Oh, it’s cool. But yeah it’d be easier if we got along.” Sehun laughed. Something was weird to him about Hongbin but he didn’t know what.

 

“Tell you what, why don’t we go and stretch before coach comes along and chews our asses off for being ready?”

 

“Alright, let’s tell the others. They’ll probably listen to me since I’m co-captain.” Sehun smirked, standing up to give the team the orders.

 

After what seemed to be a tough day at university, Minseok and Luhan sat at the counter stools with a cup of hot coffee in their hands. It was almost time for them to clock out and go home and they couldn’t be happier.

“How do you think Kris, Tao and Chanyeol are doing with their...assignment.” Luhan asked, not really sure of how to ask the question with the public around.

 

“I think they’re doing great. As dumb as Chanyeol is, he does really good work and even though Tao his mentally 5 his detective skills are on point.” Minseok said proudly, sipping his skills while he watched Suho wipe the counter down with a rag.

 

“And even though Kris is as stubborn as a bull he’s meant to be a leader.” Suho cut in, praising the fellow but absent leader. The two eldest giggled to themselves.

 

“Well all complements aside, the thing they’re looking into is kinda weird don’t you think?” Luhan questioned, stealing a brownie from the ornate dish next to him.

 

“Explain.” Minseok said. Luhan waited until the final customer left the cafe so he could finally speak up again.

 

“Think about it, a hybrid suddenly heads over to a park and viciously attacks people. Then two days later police find him hanging in his apartment. With the weird “underground anti-hybrid group” that supposedly exists and all the hybrid murders and disappearances in China it’s a bit sketchy.” Luhan pointed out.

 

“Yeah that does seem weird when you put it that way but so far that’s the only occurrence here in Korea so we probably don’t have a threat.” Suho said.

 

“But listen to me, Jackson said that the group going around in China wears a pendant of some sort remember? Tao texted me earlier saying that they found a necklace with a weird symbol on it.” Luhan said.

 

“Does sound a bit weird hyung.” Kyungsoo said, suddenly showing up.

 

“Ya! Now’s not the place to be discussing this. It’s time to go home anyways, let’s go.” Suho commanded, leading the others behind him.

 

Hongbin had a strange aura. It confused Sehun greatly making him unsure whether or not to trust him. Kris had always told him to be cautious of those you were wary about because you’re gut already put up warning bells. This is what made it so difficult. Sehun liked the guy, he was nice and kind to the younger team mates and he was now every girl's dream boy. But he was too nice. It freaked out Sehun a bit with his his aura and smell because it seemed familiar but not. As Sehun walked home he mulled over his opinions on Hongbin. The red light on the crosswalk prevented him was crossing over but he was growing impatient seeing as it never changed colors. There aren’t any cars, might as well just cross, Sehun thought.

“Sehun-ah!” Sehun jumped back onto the sidewalk only to see Hongbin walking towards him.

 

“Oh, hi Hongbin.”

 

“Sorry to scare you but it seems like we’re both walking the same way, wanna walk together?” He asked, fixing the strap to his backpack.

 

“Uhhh sure.”

 

The two continued on in silence and kept walking down the street past all the stores which were getting ready for closing. Although Hongbin began to make small talk and converse with Sehun, something bad kept nagging at him. It was the black SUV that seemed to be following them.

“So where do you live?” Sehun asked, messing with the beanie on his head.

 

“Not that far. Just passed this strip of road and then into that condominium.” Hongbin smiled but sadly for Sehun that meant that he’d have to go to his house first.

 

“Oh okay, I live a bit before you then.” Sehun said.

They continued their walk and Hongbin was telling Sehun about college entry levels for lacrosse. This sparked up a conversation that deeply immersed the two to the point where Sehun nearly passed his house.

"Hey my house is down this way so I guess I'll see you tomorrow at practice." Sehun told Hongbin.

"Alright. I'll see you then." The other smiled and waved goodbye. As he began walking down the road the smell of a dead hybrid filled the air. The SUV behind him had slowed to a stop near the street and Sehun could see one of the windows rolled down. He sped walked out of sight and crossed through bushes and some trees to get to his actual road. No way in hell would he let Hongbin no where he lived. But that smell of a dead hybrid never went away and if anything it stayed lingering around.

 

Baekhyun launched the couch cushion to Luhan’s face without mercy. The elder lost his eyeliner and now Baekhyun was in a fit over it.

“Hyung! How could you!?”

 

“It was an accident! Kris help me.” Luhan pleaded.

 

“Sorry Lu, you got yourself into this.” Kris said with no care in the world.

 

“SUHO HELP ME PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.” Luhan screamed, dodging another object, this time it was a boot that just came off Chanyeol’s foot.

 

“What are you yelling about?” Suho asked from the staircase, seeing the chaos downstairs

 

“I LOST BAEK’S EYELINER AND HE’S OUT TO GET ME.”

 

“Ohhh sorry Lulu you gotta fight your own battles.” Suho shrugged, walking down the stairs to sit on the couch with Minseok, Tao and Jongdae.

 

“WAIT WHAT-You know what fine! I’m gonna die brutally and no one in the damned house cares!” Luhan yelled, running down the hall and into Kyungsoo’s room.

Baekhyun sadly caught him and locked them both in Chanyeol’s room. High pitched screams and banging of objects resonated through the home, leaving everyone in a silence. In the matter of a second, it was quiet and Jongin spoke up quietly.

“Guys, do you think Luhan just died?”

 

“I don’t know man but-” Kris’s words were stopped when Baekhyun walked out of the room with a smirk scrawled on his face. “Baekhyun, did you just murder Luhan?”

 

“Go check for yourself.”

 

Kris, Suho and the rest of the pack went over to Chanyeol’s bedroom and slowly opened the door. Luhan was tied up in a mixture of belts, duct tape and rope from the garage, smeared red lipstick (from God-knows-where) was all over his face but the best part was the fact that one of his eyebrows were shaved off.

 

“Lulu, I’m gonna take off that tape on your mouth okay?” Suho said gently, before ripping off the tape.

 

“NOT. A. SINGLE. WORD.” Luhan seethed, noticing everyone holding back a laugh.

 

“Everyone go in the living room.” Kris chuckled, escorting the pack out. Suho and Kris worked on the restraints and ended up cutting them off. Luhan stood up and looked in the mirror, eyes growing 10x in size at his new appearance. How was he going to grow his eyebrow back?

Kris followed Luhan out into the living room to see what he was going to do now.

“You know hyung you pull off this look.” Tao smirked.

 

“You know Tao you’re about to get a foot up your .” Luhan countered back. That made the pack burst into laughs but Tao just sat there with a grumpy expression.

 

A terrible smell, like one of a wet dog, drafted in through the air. Kris knew that scent all too well and he immediately took guard.

“Ewww what the hell is that smell?” Minseok asked, covering his nose with a hand.

 

“That’s the smell of a dead hybrid.” Kris growled, looking out of the window. “But why is it here?”

 

“Wait, where’s Sehun?” Suho asked, glancing around the room. “ he’s not here.”

 

Yixing pulled out his phone and dialed Sehun’s number but he didn’t pick up, leaving the leaders frustrated. When the smell of a dead hybrid around seemingly got stronger, both leaders were about to stand up and leave to search for the youngest.

“Just give it a few more minutes. You guys are freaking us out.” Baekhyun said.

 

“No. That smell signifies a dead hybrid and Sehun isn’t here. Put two and two together with the events that have been happening. We need to find him.” Kris growled.

 

“Okay we will but relax first Kris.” Suho commanded sternly.

 

“What’s wrong with you all? Our maknae could be out there dead judging from the smell and it seems like you all just don’t care.” Kris yelled.

 

“No. He’s not. We would all know. We would all sense if he was dead. I don’t know why that smell is around but you need to calm down.” Suho yelled back, noticing the pack back away. The next moments were a frightening screaming match between both leaders. Harsh words were thrown at one another and the pack stood away, watching the two fight.

 

Sehun ended up a few feet from the front yard and looked down the extremely long driveway to see if the car was still there. It was't and he was relieved that it had left. He quickly backed up and ran to the front door only to hear loud yelling and screaming from the inside. Closing the door quietly, Sehun stood in the doorway between the entrance hall and the living room and watched Kris and Suho yell at each other.

“Why are you guys fighting?” Sehun asked loudly, catching the attention of the pack. But rather than getting an answer, Kris pushed him up against the wall and grabbed him by his hoodie.

 

“What the hell Kris?!” Suho yelled.

 

“Where were you?” He yelled at Sehun harshly.

 

“What are you talking about?” Sehun tried fighting the leader off but to no avail, he stayed latched on.

 

“Where. Were. You?” Kris growled.

 

“At practice where I was supposed to be! What’s wrong with you?’

 

“You smell like death Sehun. Who was with you?” Kris pushed him harder against the wall causing the pack to yell at him.

 

“Kris! Leave him alone. He’s alive that’s all that ing matters!” Suho shouted.

 

“What the hell is going on?” Sehun asked, trying to pry Kris’s hands off him because it was honestly freaking him out a lot.

 

“Who were you with and don’t make me ask again.”

 

“Hongbin okay. Get off me.” Sehun said with a small voice.

 

“Was he with you on your way here?”

 

“Yes.” Sehun looked away from his leader.

 

“Look at me Sehun.” He was too afraid now. Kris was going to turn on him like his old leader did. He was sure of it. “I said look at me!” Sehun didn’t look.

 

“Kris back off now. Enough is enough.” Suho growled, grabbing Kris by his arm.

 

“Oh Sehun! Look at me!” Kris screamed, making Sehun flinch harder than ever before and everyone saw.

 

“Let go of me.” Sehun whispered.

 

“What was that?” Kris asked.

 

“Let go of me hyung please.”

 

“Does this Hongbin kid know where we live?” Kris shoved him harder against the wall and this time a picture frame fell and shattered to the floor.

 

“Let go of me.” Sehun repeated, sure he was about to get beaten.

 

“ANSWER ME.” Kris yelled.

 

“JUST LET GO OF ME PLEASE.” Sehun finally screamed, pushing Kris off of him with full force. “Don’t touch me.” He whispered before running out of the room and into his own.


To ease all the tension going on I threw in some comedy so now Luhan has only one eyebrow. Sorry not sorry Lu.